You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lochys

Spotted ship is invisible for 1-2 seconds

8 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
7,605 battles

I have this issue with the game for a loong time but finally im 100% sure that it is something that does not affect every1 and therefore it is some sort of bug.

When enemy ship is spotted it appears on minimap immediatelly but it takes 1-2 second till it is rendered in the scene (where i can aim and shoot). I thought that this is how the game is intended to behave although it is very annoying especially im DD player.

Today i was fighting enemy DD in smoke. I cannot see him, he couldnt see me. But we both relatively knew where we are so was aiming at each other expected position without shooting. I went out of the smoke and the split second i left white circle i got "spotted alert" + i saw enemy DD on the minimap BUT i couldnt see him in front of me. I had to wait those 1-2 second till i can see him and shoot. What supprised me, he shot like 0.5 second after we both spot each other. Which means he saw me even sailing not only on minimap.

My question is, what can influence this behaviour since it is not clearly intended behaviour. I saw the ship before in that battle, so it cannot be some "cashing" issue, and it happens every single time ship is spotted. Sometimes when ship is spotted very briefly i got only minimap position and never see the ship itself. Is there some graphics option i should turn down or something else to change this?

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles

This issue affects everyone, not just you.  There are numerous threads about it already, including one on the front page right now.

IIRC there was a recent Dev Q&A where they said they are aware of this and will try and improve it.

As for the DD that shot before you, either he has better reflexes, was better pre-aimed at you than you were at him or it's just your perception.

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
249 posts
3,103 battles
2 minutes ago, krazypenguin said:

IIRC there was a recent Dev Q&A where they said they are aware of this and will try and improve it.

Yes, sub Octavian said they are working on it

[CATS]
Players
16,875 posts
11,568 battles

As soon as a ship is spotted on the minimap and you aim in the direction where the target should appear, your cosshair can log on the target (crosshair moving). As soon as the smoke from the smoke stacks appears (not the ship), some people shoot at the not yet rendered target. If they are good, they hit. Other people wait for the complete rendering of the target.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
7,605 battles
24 minutes ago, krazypenguin said:

This issue affects everyone, not just you.  There are numerous threads about it already, including one on the front page right now.

As for the DD that shot before you, either he has better reflexes, was better pre-aimed at you than you were at him or it's just your perception.

Thank you very much. I very rarely read forum, so i was not aware that this issue is covered. I did quick search before posting, havent found anything so went ahead.

I hope they will fix it.

As for the DD, it was not about reflexes. I was aiming at him and i saw his shells fired from thin air so i aimed between those "spawning points" and shoot back and the ship rendered split second before my shells hit it. Meantime it was still invisible/not rendered. What strucked me was the fact, that most of his shells hitted me. But it is possible that he was fully aware of this issue (i was not till now) and simply knew he will reload his guns before i will render and therefore went for the blind shot and was incredible lucky.

• Cool 1

[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles

And it could just be that you were spotted let say 1 second before him by some other ship thus making you render that 1 second faster.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,142 battles
2 hours ago, Lochys said:

I have this issue with the game for a loong time but finally im 100% sure that it is something that does not affect every1 and therefore it is some sort of bug.

When enemy ship is spotted it appears on minimap immediatelly but it takes 1-2 second till it is rendered in the scene (where i can aim and shoot). I thought that this is how the game is intended to behave although it is very annoying especially im DD player.

Today i was fighting enemy DD in smoke. I cannot see him, he couldnt see me. But we both relatively knew where we are so was aiming at each other expected position without shooting. I went out of the smoke and the split second i left white circle i got "spotted alert" + i saw enemy DD on the minimap BUT i couldnt see him in front of me. I had to wait those 1-2 second till i can see him and shoot. What supprised me, he shot like 0.5 second after we both spot each other. Which means he saw me even sailing not only on minimap.

It's working like that for everyone. If you're playing on a slow PC it might take longer for you, but in general it's like 2...3 sec for ships to show up.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

As soon as the ship is on the minimap you can lock onto it. So if you are running Priority Target on your commander you may immediately see (1) aiming at you despite the ship not rendering in

Another one is - those ship wakes that we got in this patch seem to load in before the ship (at least for me). If you expected that ship to be there, or if you react quickly enough, you can guestimate the lead needed and fire by aiming at the wakes - well before you see the ship itself.

[POP]
Players
374 posts
8,346 battles

There's also some inconsistency between render times. I've seen a divmember shooting ships that haven't rendered on my screen multiple times. He always had it rendered while the same ship was invisible on my screen. It's not latency issue (35ms ping) or a toaster issue.

You just have a settle for the fact that some people render faster. No idea if the upcoming fix will homogenize render lag.