Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Strangefruit

PLease fix the speed ships appear at

3 comments in this topic

Players
133 posts

Its about time the game speed ships appear and disappear was sorted.

Just been in a battle in a Benson (5.8km spot range) when a BB, a Lion, I think appeared from behind and island at 4km away, but spotted me long before he even materialised on my screen.

My PC is fairly high spec (i7 *8700k, 1070 GPU and 16 gigs 3000mhz Ram with a 28' screen) and so that is not the issue nor is my net connection to the servers at 25ms ping, the issue is poor/lazy programming from WG, its the same as the piss poor fade in fade out bull that they use for the ships as they are to lazy to do it properly

• Cool 8

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles

Even better is the situation where if you take a long time to load in, any ships that are currently spotted as you are given control of your ship can be literally invisible for as long as they remain detected. I short, you can see the marker on the map and you can see the shells coming, but you cannot see the ship.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

Unfortunately this delay is by design.

If I recall correctly this to equalise the difference between high end hardware and potato hardware. High end hardware would have an advantage because of fast rendering of the models that pop in, while potato end hardware would be at a natural disadvantage for the same reason. With this delay both ends would display the same ship at the same time and neither would be advantaged.

The disparaty comes when 1 is already spotted but the other one just came in range or opened fire. The one that decloaks last has the advantage in this case and gets a free shot.

Only the minimap and the 'targetting lock' are instant on decloak.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this