Sign in to follow this  
Rooke_1704

What the hell is going on?

19 comments in this topic

Players
64 posts

I've got a list of complaints I hope will get noticed by someone with the power to fix the game. 

1. I just got citadeled  in my Warspite, from the front at a range of 8km by another Warspite! What the hell is that? Bow tanking against the same ship and I get citadeled from the front!

2. The dynamic range finder is broken, it doesn't correct for range so I have to guess.

3. I've had umpteen bounces against mid tier destoyers when firing AP from cruisers and battleships... how the hell does a destroyer bounce shells? They either pen or they over pen!

4. Since the last patch I have noticed more and more BB shells are over penetrating or bouncing... even when I am shooting at a broadside target.

5. Reduced FPS and increased frequency of being booted out of the game particularly after queuing for a match.

6. With my FPS dropping to 3 when aiming at destroyers and cruisers in the new Operation the game is unplayable.

Today has been a particularly rough day. I've been spotted in smoke without radar or sonar and without me firing my guns. I was spotted by a DD that was also in smoke 6 km away! Also see point 1 above. I've fired torpedos that seemed to curve in the water and went no where near the target.

I pay my subscription every month and a little bit extra for doubloons, premium ships etc.. but I'm getting fed up now. In addition to being cursed by match making that always teams me up with some of the worst muppets in the game, I'm losing patience and can't take much more.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Rooke_1704 sagte:

1. I just got citadeled  in my Warspite, from the front at a range of 8km by another Warspite! What the hell is that? Bow tanking against the same ship and I get citadeled from the front!

That's called Overmatch. It's a game mechanic, not a bug.

3. I've had umpteen bounces against mid tier destoyers when firing AP from cruisers and battleships... how the hell does a destroyer bounce shells? They either pen or they over pen!

Or they bounce, as you saw. Another word for you to google: Autobounce.

4. Since the last patch I have noticed more and more BB shells are over penetrating or bouncing... even when I am shooting at a broadside target.

There were no changes to accuracy or penetration mechanics. This is either RNG or something like confirmation bias.

5. Reduced FPS and increased frequency of being booted out of the game particularly after queuing for a match.

6. With my FPS dropping to 3 when aiming at destroyers and cruisers in the new Operation the game is unplayable.

Yes, there are some FPS problems since the patch. They usually start if the game runs longer, so try restarting it every hour or so.

I pay my subscription every month and a little bit extra for doubloons, premium ships etc.. but I'm getting fed up now.

You get what you pay for. Better matchmaking, more skill or wins is not part of the contract.

In addition to being cursed by match making that always teams me up with some of the worst muppets in the game, I'm losing patience and can't take much more.

I will say this as nice as possible:
Please take a look at this: https://wows-numbers.com/de/player/548511649,Rooke_1704/

Keep in mind red is bad and then think if it's really just the team that makes you lose so often.

• Cool 1

Players
1,413 posts
8,111 battles
1 hour ago, Rooke_1704 said:

Warspite's guns, especially when loaded with AP, are potent and she will overmatch and penetrate the bow armour of even well-armoured, angledTier VI (and VII) BBs.

Warspite herself, though, has weaker bow armour than all the other Tier VI BBs (including the QE), and is particularly unsuited to bow tanking. So your problem is that you were using the wrong tactic, and deployed it vs the ship was least likely to succeed against. I didn't want to learn about the mechanics of this game for a very long time but if you want to improve this stuff matters....

Players
64 posts
44 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Complaining about the guns of the Warspite when sailing a Warspite...:cap_wander:

No I'm not complaining about the Warspite guns. I would ask you to read the post but I know you prefer to just scroll through the forum and look for people to troll so I wont bother.

Its a good point about bow tanking Vs the Warspite and ill take that into consideration. But my main complaint still stands, the RNG is rubbish. Just played a match, again in my Warspite. I engage an enemy Leander.. 2 full salvos thats 16 shells hit him broadside and all of them over pen.. not a single penetration. Tell me thats not messed up.

Also if you want to look at my stats on some third party website feel free to do so. But dont throw the results of your little search in my face as an argument because those stats mean sod all. I play aggressively, I push and I cap even in BB's so yes i end up dead before the end of the match alot. But dont attack me for doing what BBs are supposed to do tank damage. I know my role and I'm better at it than the stats on third party websites suggest.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles
3 hours ago, Rooke_1704 said:

1. I just got citadeled  in my Warspite, from the front at a range of 8km by another Warspite!

Warspite has 25mm bow and 381mm guns. You need at least 358mm to overmatch 25mm. Do your own conclusions

Bow tanking against the same ship and I get citadeled from the front!

Like half of tier 6 and almost all t7 BBs can overmatch their own bows, a trait that doesn't repeat till Musashi / Yamato.

2. The dynamic range finder is broken, it doesn't correct for range so I have to guess.

Hmm? You mean alternative interface? It shows distance till the point you are looking at not the water behind that island

3. I've had umpteen bounces against mid tier destoyers when firing AP from cruisers and battleships... how the hell does a destroyer bounce shells?

Mid and high tier DDs can bounce DD and CL / CA AP. To be more exact - 11mm armour can bounce 152 and 155mm AP, 15mm armour can bounce 203mm AP and so on.

Shouldn't be able to bounce BB AP - and yet somehow it still happens every now and then.

4. Since the last patch I have noticed more and more BB shells are over penetrating or bouncing...

High velocity / high pen guns on FR BBs, doesn't actually affect others.

Lots of people are experiencing heavy FPS drops, according to Crysantos' stream a few days back the usual fix that helps most is to update your graphics drivers.

Getting kicked out - servers had some hiccups yesterday, that's it

Restarting your game every 5-or-so matches (or every 1...2 CV games) also helps

In addition to being cursed by match making that always teams me up with some of the worst muppets in the game

*quick stats check*

Yeah, obviously your team is the problem there, you're definitely not the anchor dragging the other 11 down...

Players
64 posts
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

*quick stats check*

Yeah, obviously your team is the problem there, you're definitely not the anchor dragging the other 11 down...

Yep. Definitely me dragging them down... 

shot-18.03.08_00.40.48-0084.jpg

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, Rooke_1704 sagte:

And surely this match is not just an exception and you always end up first of your team, right?

But honestly, farming XP with Conq is easy as hell. HE spamming from maxrange gives lots of XP, yet it doesn't help your team at all and you can't win with this gameplay.

Players
64 posts
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

And surely this match is not just an exception and you always end up first of your team, right?

But honestly, farming XP with Conq is easy as hell. HE spamming from maxrange gives lots of XP, yet it doesn't help your team at all and you can't win with this gameplay.

No actually I'm regularly in the top 5. I got into T8 at the start of the last ranked season and now have the conqueror and I'm working towards the Minotaur and I'm 4 wins away from getting the Union Flag behind my lovely emblem. I don't spam HE.. actually I much prefer to use AP whenever possible because its so much more satisfying.. well it should be but it isn't and THAT was the whole point of this thread before trolls hijacked it. I only fire HE against DDs and angled targets. I should probably use HE more than I do but there are already enough HE spammers in the game.

Unfortunately people can't put a legitimate gripe on the forum without trolls jumping in and derailing the whole thread. I'm a BB main, I also have every RN cruiser up and inc the Neptune. I did play the German DD line up to T6 but did't enjoy it and I've played through the US carrier line up to and inc T6. This is not a BB player whinging about BBs having it tough, its about the RNG as a whole taking over the game and dictating damage done more than player skill and logic would otherwise dictate.

Oh and finally.. in that particular game my dds and cruisers were all camping out at A so I was the only one shooting at enemy DD's while trying to cap. Not something you see your average BB driver do!

Edited by Rooke_1704
minor edit

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles
11 hours ago, Rooke_1704 said:

Look, I had one good game, that means I'm always doing really good!

I think someone already dropped this in, but I'll just do it again

https://wows-numbers.com/player/548511649,Rooke_1704/

Keep in mind red = bad.

You don't have sections like "7 days" "21 days" "60 days" there, so lets just analyze the "Recent" 16 games you have there

Conq - 5 games, 0 wins, average 68k dmg, 755 PR, 1.4 average kills. So either you're doing average every 2nd game and then absolutely nothing in the other half of games played or you're simply doing below average always.

And assuming that screenshot is from one of those games - I'll take a rather safe guess that you were within the bottom 5 for the other 4.

Edinburgh - 5 games, 3 wins, 22k average dmg, 559 PR, 0.6 av. kills. Your teams carried you in those 3 games, that damage would be good at tier 2 not tier 8.

Neptune - 6 games, 2 wins, 9.6k average dmg, 41 PR, 0.17 av. kills. The only explanation I can come up with is you had one game with like 60k dmg and 1 kill, and then 5 games AFK.

Yes, you most definitely are the anchor.

Players
64 posts

21 battles won and finishing in top 3 at tier 8 + see my nice shiny emblem that you get for 15 wins in top 3.

But if you want to maintain that I'm the problem then look at this game. Last match I played 5 mins ago and the accompanying screen shot. Bad BB players sail in straight lines, bad BB players die to torps. I took on 3 DDs to defend our base and got hit by one torp. I was eventually taken down by overwhelming damage and the killing blow came from a BB.

Results like this are the rule not the exception.

shot-18.03.08_12.53.01-0442.jpg

20180308_124122_PBSB002-Warspite-1941_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles
2 hours ago, Rooke_1704 said:

21 battles won and finishing in top 3 at tier 8 + see my nice shiny emblem that you get for 15 wins in top 3.

Fail enough games and you will be tier 10 too. Or in this case - spam enough times and you'll see a game of good RNG somewhere. Nothing more than that

2 hours ago, Rooke_1704 said:

Results like this are the rule not the exception.

According to your stats it's the other way around. These are those few exceptions in the sea of fails.

Players
64 posts
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Fail enough games and you will be tier 10 too. Or in this case - spam enough times and you'll see a game of good RNG somewhere. Nothing more than that

According to your stats it's the other way around. These are those few exceptions in the sea of fails.

ok [edited] head I'm done dealing with you. Not only have you derailed the thread completely but even when I entertain you and give you proof time after time after time you keep coming back with the same crap face answers. Go [edited]yourself.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles
15 minutes ago, Rooke_1704 said:

ok [edited] head I'm done dealing with you. Not only have you derailed the thread completely but even when I entertain you and give you proof time after time after time you keep coming back with the same crap face answers. Go [edited]yourself.

All other questions are already answered, this comment of yours was the last one left. And since I'm talking about something mentioned in your original post - I'm talking about the topic not derailing it :cap_tea:

And I come back to the same answer because it is the answer to it :Smile_trollface:

Players
160 posts
1,549 battles
On 7/3/2018 at 7:50 PM, Rooke_1704 said:

I've got a list of complaints I hope will get noticed by someone with the power to fix the game. 

Today has been a particularly rough day. I've been spotted in smoke without radar or sonar and without me firing my guns. I was spotted by a DD that was also in smoke 6 km away! Also see point 1 above. I've fired torpedos that seemed to curve in the water and went no where near the target.

I pay my subscription every month and a little bit extra for doubloons, premium ships etc.. but I'm getting fed up now. In addition to being cursed by match making that always teams me up with some of the worst muppets in the game, I'm losing patience and can't take much more.

1: 381 mm overmatch your Bow and most others at that tier, so nothing strange there, besides, you REALLY should use the armor layout a bit, see the problem and why 381 will hurt you :) . 

2: no it isn't broken, it workes just fine!

3: Well, ever heard of auto bounce mechanics, well, they are found in this game as well. However shooting with BB high caliber or super heavy shells will overpen and do almost none damage as the shell passes through the ship without detonating. 

4: I've seen some more bounces, but at steep angles it is common or the shell just dont penetrate the armor. It would really help if you were given us examples instead of just saying flinging around with the accusations. Screenshots as well would be nice

Overall it sounds as a servere problem, that only can be fixed by getting gud, sorry mate. Search and research youtube and the forums for help, armor layout, shell information ect. to help being a better ship driver.

Best o luck, 

PS: I really would recommend starting with Icase, his videos are gold for learning this game in depth :) 

Players
326 posts
14,602 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, Rooke_1704 said:

My dear Rookie.

My guess is that you had a really bad day in this game when you wrote this.

Everyone has them.

1. Regarding your front-citadel.

It does happen, sometimes it is just one bullet that actually travels over the armor and ends up in your machinery as a result causing a so called "Citadel-hit"

Sometimes 1 bullet actually hits dead on the front and manages to penetrate, it may be hard but it does happen.

2. Dynamic Range finder...
No idea so not touching that one. (except, this is not the thread for bug reports, I suggest making a bug report with full details if you really think it is broken, along with screenshots and details)

3. Some destroyers have better armor than others. 

Bullets bounce more easily when you shoot at a greater distance since your bullets slow down as they travel.
This can also cause lower damage dealt on actual impacts as a result (As far as I know)

4. Penetration

If you get too many overpens, try shooting when the enemies are not at full broadside, or make sure you hit the dead center machinery and also make sure where the citadel actually is located on the enemy target (This can be found under "Armor" for each ship in your port, displayed in very nice colors and technical details)

5. Yes, no maybe. 

6. The answer is most likely Potatoes.

Regarding match making.

Yes it is horrible at times, but it goes both ways.

The match maker tries to make balanced teams in terms of tier, winrate, experience and ship type.

Now consider this.

For every match, there may be a difference of 2 tiers (Tier8, 9 and 10, a total of 3 different tiers ) and 4 ship types (CV, DD, CA BB)

That means 12 factors just on the above factors. (3 tiers * 4 ship types = 12 variations)

Now add Experience per player, winrate per player and divisions.

It gets really complicated really fast to get good matches.

Now on top of this, consider that only so many players actually search for a match at the same time as you are..

Sometimes matches can get really really odd and one-sided.

But we all live on the average of all this in the long run.

Oh, and on a side note. (And please note that I myself do not really lean one way or the other on this part)

And this is something for you to hypothesize on.

Should matches really be set up as balanced as possible?

I mean, what would be the point of getting good if you could get just as many wins/losses by playing badly?

Very good players would be punished for being good.

Imagine if for example, ESL Games only let you play against players that were similar to you.

What would be the point.

Regarding Premium

Premium gives you more XP and Credits per effort/skill put into the game.

It also pays in part for the continued survival and development of this game.

And finally, skill and all that.

I do want to point out what Commander_Cornflakes already pointed out.

And I mean no insults when saying this.

But your statistics are available here: https://wows-numbers.com/player/548511649,Rooke_1704/

We can all see how you have played and what you contribute to your team.

When your average win-rate is less than 50% that means you are most likely helping more to lose than to win.

When your average experience per match is less than 1000 you are performing below what I think is the average player in terms of dealing damage/capping flags/defending flags/killing and/or other such things.

I will tell you that I do not consider myself at all good at this game.

I am average, I screw up a lot.

Here are my stats: https://wows-numbers.com/player/524839285,Rowboat_Cop/

Some Advice

When I was new at this game I learned a lot from watching these videos:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/

I have also learned a lot by watching videos from streamers like Flamuu (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jZ3uNWJKtJokkJxPLA88g)

and Voulezvous TV (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIBwcnplWO0jOmBGey0x8kg)

Also by watching other players play or watching replays, specially when other players kill me.

Best Regards

Me.

[-FC-]
Players
289 posts
9,882 battles

I suppose it's a truism that the first step in curing a problem is to identify the problem.  

You need, my friend, to be a little bit more open minded and perhaps consider the fact that YOU may need to improve your game a little to help your teammates win a few more battles.  Remember - it's not just about the damage count at the end of the battle ... it's about making a difference to the game, which can be done in oh-so-many-ways that just firing your guns at the biggest, easiest target.

Painful advice for you, perhaps, but you won't solve the problem if you don't man up to the facts before you ... I would suggest a little more time in the mid tiers, sharpening your skills.  Good luck!

Players
160 posts
1,549 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, Rooke_1704 said:

1: Ever heard of overmatch mechanic? Also if you used armor layout, noticed the citadel on both bow and stern is not protected by anything but angled platings. 

2: No you are just a poor shot, nothing wrong save the notorious RNG which I happens to agree is a bit trollish at times.

3: You obvious know nothing at all, surprising you haven't learned a bit at this point. There is a hardcore bounce mechanic which guarantees almost bounces for every ship to some extend - its very tier depended. Fx trying to bow tank with a tier 5 BB against Warspite will end badly as the 381mm will overmatch bow or stern and potential citadel you.

4: There is some evidence to this, I've noticed this as well, but it might as well be a slight change in RNG.

6: Check your internet connection or get it upgraded. Also upgrade your portato computer if you got one of these :) 

Sign in to follow this