Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Garfield4

New feature request: option to toggle teamchat in-battle on/off(settings)

6 comments in this topic

Question

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,482 battles

New feature request: toggle on/off teamchat in-battle (settings) in co-op and random battles, as well as toggle on/off for all chat in randoms & ranked battles

I have been playing this game for over 2 years now, some random battles, but mostly co-op.

The reason for playing co-op is to avoid the constant toxic behaviour found in random battles. The abuse is coming from all kind of players (good or bad, old and young), who like to throw around insults for anything and nothing.

The amount of players with that toxic behaviour in co-op was practically zero for 2 years.

Sadly, in the past weeks I noticed this toxic behaviour is spilling over to co-op also.

Which is quite ridiculous in a non-competitive 8vs8 gamemode.

Maybe Steam launch has something to do with it, but the cause is not really relevant. The solution is relevant to have fun in game. Civilized players are getting fed up dealing with all kinds of harassment.

Also see this thread in Newcomers forum;

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/94831-is-this-abuse-common/

thread was closed for naming and shaming but the message is clear: abuse is getting to new levels and must be stopped.

The question to Wargaming @Tuccy; @MrConway

Can you ask the development team to implement the same option as is available in WoT settings, to toggle off teamchat in-battle, and also a toggle of all battle-chat.

It is getting quite annoying having to mute every sunk & salty teammate one by one, just to avoid the bullsh*t text nonsense there. (btw I cannot find the famous yellow papers MMM post-it which I used to hide the chatscreen with in WoT).

Implementing this feature could even have me play random battles in WoWs as well.  A win-win scenario !

Frankly I find it rather naïve Wargaming has not yet implemented it already, because WG had some experience with this problem before they made that feature available in WoT in 2012.

Well, better late than never, they say.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

A Dev answered this just today on the russian forums, although the topic was about spamming the F keys.

An allchat deactivation is not planned at the moment.

dev1.thumb.PNG.0ded4cf7d8c2e4ef5102678397936cfc.PNGdev12PNG.thumb.PNG.4eb979fb881d183facf8c4d0ffc263a7.PNG

[google translate... but I think you get the idea what he is saying]

But could ofc come at a different time.

The only possibility you have here atm is to use a mod to disable chat or, as you mentioned, to make exzessive use of the blacklist.

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,482 battles
18 hours ago, Garfield4 said:

Interesting to see that information, LilJumpa. Thanks.

I will also  wait for an answer of MrTuccy and/or MrConway.

In reaction to that russian Q & A, I will "google translate"  my request to Wargaming :   just plan it , and make it happen !  :cap_cool:

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
7 minutes ago, Garfield4 said:

In reaction to that russian Q & A, I will "google translate"  my request to Wargaming :   PLAN IT , and make it happen !  :cap_cool:

then you will have to tag them the right way @Tuccy; @MrConway

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,283 posts
3,675 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, Garfield4 said:

In reaction to that russian Q & A, I will "google translate"  my request to Wargaming :   just plan it , and make it happen !  :cap_cool:

If it were just a case of us adding a tick box then I would say: Sure, lets do it!

Unfortunately things in software development are not that easy and the number of players asking for the option to disable chat is not that significant right now.

In the meantime, you should however be able to find a mod that disables battle chat completely in Aslain's modpack in our mod section.

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,482 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately things in software development are not that easy and the number of players asking for the option to disable chat is not that significant right now.

I understand your reaction.

However I do not fully agree with your statement for the part that I highlighted in Italic.

In my  opinion the few players that take trouble to post about this issue in the forum/fora are just a tip-of-the-iceberg  that is seen on the surface.

Here is another example of someone who would benefit from the feature/solution I proposed , in the German forum :

Sign in to follow this