You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Herbstnebel1975

Collecting defeats day after day isn't motivating anymore to keep playing this game !

104 comments in this topic

Players
79 posts
5,742 battles

Thanks for the advice.

Just aside, I never said in my post that the MM is rigged or WG has a some of conspiray. Don't put words in my mouth that I never said.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,474 posts
22,961 battles
2 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Thanks for the advice.

Just aside, I never said in my post that the MM is rigged or WG has a some of conspiray. Don't put words in my mouth that I never said.

...less talk more rock, get off the forum and lets go :Smile_trollface:. pm'ed in port

[KAKE]
Players
2,421 posts
5,556 battles
22 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Well... you may not say so explicitly, but you're certainly implying that it is:

5 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

I wonder why I never end up in the winning team. Is it because I play the game for free and I'm being used as cannonfodder or ..... ?

Furthermore, your suggested solution seems to be that you want them to rig the matchmaking in your favour:

Maybe you can change the MM (...)

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles

I started to play this game in september last year and as of the last updates it seems I'm participating in collecting defeats.

Cause if you don't change anything on this you will lose players.

Is it possible that while you do fairly well at the lowest tier, the increased skill needed at higher tiers isn't something you have developed as of yet?

All approximate

Last 90 Days 
                Winrate
Teir 4      53%
Teir 5      45%
Teir 6      42%
Teir 7      30%

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,392 posts
7,178 battles
1 hour ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Started second battle and after a few minutes.... as you can see, I did not have the energy anymore to support a tomatoe/bot team again....

shot-18.03.07_14.52.46-0947.jpg

The team might not be great, but you are doing nothing here to help;

The game is 6 1/2 minutes in. Since most games last about 12-15 minutes this puts it roughly halfway through.

The entire enemy team have been spotted over at C except the CV who are likely to be somewhere over C as well.

You however are over at A.

A is already capped by your team, you have no capture/assist ribbon so it was captured by someone else on your team (probably the DD that is now at B).

You have no hit ribbons.

Which means for 6 and a half minutes you have sailed to a cap that didnt need capping, to defend it from an enemy that aren't there

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
79 posts
5,742 battles
45 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Well... you may not say so explicitly, but you're certainly implying that it is:

Furthermore, your suggested solution seems to be that you want them to rig the matchmaking in your favour:

change MM for everyone, for noobs, average and veteran players based on their stats. If noob getting better they can climb on the ladder and get in to average MM.  It's just a proposal

Players
79 posts
5,742 battles
20 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

The team might not be great, but you are doing nothing here to help;

The game is 6 1/2 minutes in. Since most games last about 12-15 minutes this puts it roughly halfway through.

The entire enemy team have been spotted over at C except the CV who are likely to be somewhere over C as well.

You however are over at A.

A is already capped by your team, you have no capture/assist ribbon so it was captured by someone else on your team (probably the DD that is now at B).

You have no hit ribbons.

Which means for 6 and a half minutes you have sailed to a cap that didnt need capping, to defend it from an enemy that aren't there

Their CV was at B 5, I saw his planes heading back in that direction. I never managed to kill him cause he was very good with his bombers and torps and my captain was still on a penalty training so dodging did not going very well.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,400 posts
4,117 battles
2 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Pink Panther, 61% winrate before you bought your first premium ship..... 61 %.... after 25 battles or  25k battles  ? LOL

Ok I agree, that is something we can't prove. What I do know is about 4 years ago, a good player of my first clan (in WOT) started to play with my account after I was complaining in chat that I had nothing but defeats....guess what, he had the same problem and he did not had an explanation for it. Some days I had all the defeats and some days I had all the victory's.

But ok, we are talking about wows, I just played another battle and not with CV and guess what ...... please tell me what went wrong

shot-18.03.07_14.28.12-0193.jpg

If you are curious, go check out wows-numbers or warships.today, they both give an accurate record of progression over time. 

To answer your question: around the 1500-1700 game mark, when I was at Myoko. April 2016 I think? 

Anyway, that was before getting my first regular T8. I had the confidence to buy a T8 prem exactly because I was doing well enough in the game generally that I knew I wouldn't be wasting everyone's time (a kind of like you are doing). 

PS: Account sharing, last I checked, is against the rules, I wouldn't go brag about it if I were you. 

Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles
31 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Their CV was at B 5, I saw his planes heading back in that direction. I never managed to kill him cause he was very good with his bombers and torps and my captain was still on a penalty training so dodging did not going very well.

Spending 6 minutes trying to get to the enemy CV is also not a great use of time. You need to think in terms of game impact not individual actions. The easiest way to think about this is ask yourself "what did the enemy do that he would not have done if I wasn't there". Even something as simple as an enemy changing direction because he saw you, or trying to fire at you instead of a team mate, is useful game impact that can't be measured. But for this you need to be where the enemy is. There's a fine line between over-caution and over-aggression. Also, there is a time element to game impact. Think of what the enemy can do while you're doing your thing, and you might see that even if you succeed it will be too late. 5,000 damage to the correct target at game minute 2 can be worth more than 100,000 damage across 5 targets at game minute 15. You need to get the snowball going instead of relying on your team-mates to do that. Numbers matter a lot. Even a potato will do some useful damage but if your team-mates die fast even a great player will struggle. So think of where you can be and what you can do to divide enemy fire, save team-mates and let them do more damage, and reduce enemy numbers quickly for your team to snowball.

EDIT: it's hard to say from one game to another what you did wrong, since you can't win every game. But if you follow general rules over time WR will average out to better. Remember there are 11 players on your team who could be bad, but 12 on the enemy team.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
4,866 posts
11,872 battles
41 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

change MM for everyone, for noobs, average and veteran players based on their stats. If noob getting better they can climb on the ladder and get in to average MM.  It's just a proposal

You may wish to cast your eye over the various threads on here (and on the WOT forums) apropos skill-based MM; whatever your views on the subject though, WG have stated categorically that it isn't happening.

If you want something less 'random', but still playing against real people, ranked and clan battles might be worth a look (once you've got the requisite ships available).

Incidentally, it might be worth joining a clan; there are quite a few that will accept developing players, and have people who would be willing to provide guidance.

[XTREM]
Players
1,033 posts
8,399 battles

LOL, ok well, then it's time to work on your language skills because every post you made implies that the MM is rigged to favor paying users and that something was changed by WG to make you lose

7 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

I Is it because I play the game for free and I'm being used as cannonfodder or ..... ?

The opening salvo.

How come that the most players have a general winrate of around 50% ??? If battles are realy RANDOM how can this happen ?  In WOT it tried with a second account to get a general winrate below 35% but I did not succeed to manage it, it was even harder then to reach a winrate of more then 50%. The MM was putting me after a while in teams with good players. Even sabotage the team or go suicide from the start did not help

So it's impossible to go low, because you, as a weak player, were matched up with strong players because that's how MM works? And you say 50% is only possible because MM rigs it like that.

3 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Ok, not everybody who pays for the game will have good stats but are there players with unicum stats and never payed for the game ? I doubt it...

The old P2W argument, because there can't be any other reason you are at 47% winrate overall, right?

Ok I agree, that is something we can't prove. What I do know is about 4 years ago, a good player of my first clan (in WOT) started to play with my account after I was complaining in chat that I had nothing but defeats....guess what, he had the same problem and he did not had an explanation for it. Some days I had all the defeats and some days I had all the victory's.

See above. You were being punished for having success,  that's why WG put you on an ice cold losing streak. Not even the superior skill of the other player could beat WG's deliberate attempts to make your account lose.

All in all, I rate this thread 5/7. It's pretty entertaining.

• Boring 1

Players
1,081 posts
17,350 battles

But ok, we are talking about wows, I just played another battle and not with CV and guess what ...... please tell me what went wrong

shot-18.03.07_14.28.12-0193.jpg

shot-18.03.07_14.33.29-0739.jpg

Well, it's hard to deduce things out of only a couple of screenshots, but I'll be assuming the following happened:

• DD sunk too soon and probably his own fault, which is reinforced by the fact that the black marking is within half a square from the exact middle, in open water and trying to sail away. That provoked what I describe in the next point.
  • General sailing route for both teams was clockwise, but they massed theirs while yours scattered a lot more and were further from epicentre. That is somewhat proved by the fact that there's a single cruiser sinking at F7 (who I assume as a lone red one), a green BB at H7 and the reds having full control of the epicentre by around the 10-minutes mark.
  • Those 2 BBs sunk at B1-C2 were too far away to provide any close support. Although they may have helped in delaying the red push in the west, they got separated and focused.
  • The combination of the aforementioned elements leads to a situation where you've lost spotting, lost the epicentre and lost focus-fire ability. That puts people into pressure, making mistakes and letting themselves be easier prey, hence the added disadvantage in ships.

Epicentre mode is a bit tricky: you really need to have the ships close to middle unlike in standard and domination, but not too close (DDs bordering the inner circle, even going in and out, just to ensure the enemy doesn't have an extra source of points apart from sinkings), and you also need to clean one flank fast while the other plays defensive/kiting. Phalanxes did the same kind of turn around an invisible point just out of individual desire to survive (each hoplite pushing to use part of his comrade's shield to the left) and the asymmetric deployment Epaminondas developed to beat the Spartans is just a reinforced version of it. So in that battle the reds did it, the greens didn't.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[TAMAR]
Players
28 posts
25,144 battles

Well there is wierd crap going on with the latest MM - it now often takes 1:30 or more to put me in a mtch even when loads of players in the evening -- and the last 15 games in missouri - every single one a defeat. Now I realise that this ship can carry a game and I'm not a great player, but its unlikely to be that influential in a match with nearly all T10.  I seem to end up (just in the missouri) with teams full of people who *all* decide to go round the edge of the map, or players who parade broadside in front of the enemy.

In short the MM seems to have gone completely haywire in the last week or so.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,483 posts
38,533 battles

As a general rule when the objectives are in the center of map (domination or  epicenter) it is generally not advisable to hunt the CV, there is always some games where the DDs go after the CV and yes they might sink him but in the end if they go too early chances are that they are well supported or get support if alerted. it takes time, as a Cleveland you are not the stealthiest of ships, if you have a DD spot for you the enemy DDs your guns and DPM becomes very deadly and you are a firestarter at BBs as your guns at range have difficuty in hitting smaller targets, should you go after the CV it is better to do it when the ships have thinned out later in the game. Know your ship and how to put its good sides to best use for the team. It differs a lot between ships not only between ship types. 

I know that some games you are succesful with CV hunting but I have a hunch that such action is the wrong one for the majority of games, regardless if you play CA or DD. You are a great support to DDs or BBs with your AA against CV strikes. A competent CV player know this and go after other targets first.

I see lot of CV hunting from DDs at low tier but it is less the higher up you go IMO. Think of the time consumed in a CV hunt even if successful and how the team deprived from your support , scouting, AA and DPM under a large part of the game will suffer from taking the key objectives.

One other thing - I do not know your captain builds but starting at mid tier (f.e. T6 when you get uptiered against T8) you face a lot of high end captains.   Therefor more now than when the game was released you have 

to train your captains more at least to 10 points for CE skill preferably from at least T6, for better results. 

Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles
1 hour ago, pootle42 said:

Well there is wierd crap going on with the latest MM - it now often takes 1:30 or more to put me in a mtch even when loads of players in the evening -- and the last 15 games in missouri - every single one a defeat. Now I realise that this ship can carry a game and I'm not a great player, but its unlikely to be that influential in a match with nearly all T10.  I seem to end up (just in the missouri) with teams full of people who *all* decide to go round the edge of the map, or players who parade broadside in front of the enemy.

In short the MM seems to have gone completely haywire in the last week or so.

1) observation bias

2) I've also been in T10 games most of the time with T8/9 ships, because...

3) French BB release skewing the MM, lots of BBs at mid tier causing long queue times and pushing other BBs up into top tier games.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,372 posts
9,475 battles
18 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

Dont get me wrong , wot is not a wows , here maps more huge , not count ship hp* , also with some modes like domination, if u lose by points and cant kill last , even u s uni , easy u can lose^^

Yes they are different games. No they are the same on the teamplay aspect. There are important things to do, important points to take, important parts of the map to cover. The important skills are the same. Knowing the maps, knowing the meta data of the ships. Knowing your ship. Experienced captain (crew for wot), premium consumables, good upgrades (modules for wot), and as I've said earlier.. the most important of them all.. DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS..

Just think about it. How many times you beached yourself in a very heated situation? you couldnt decide to go either left or right of that island.. and when you made up your mind it was too late.. How many times.. when was the last time..

Which ship you fire at when you presented by multiple targets?

16 hours ago, Sander93 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about rigging. Wargaming has long been suspected to rig games/RNG in favor of getting as many bad players towards the average, to boost the experience of the bad player blob (which is the majority of the population so it's a logical stance from a marketing point of view). At one point they even patented such a system IIRC. 

Too many good/unicum players on WoT notice that RNG heavily disfavors them in most engagements to write it off as a coincidence. 

Indeed. Old statistic but it proves the point:

Please do not carry that patent in here too..

Any person who has a shred of intelligence and at least alive 2 brain cells.. read that patent..

please do not talk about a document without reading it first.

Have you read it? I dont think so. But even If you did.. then answer me please.. If that patent is correct.. where are the flying spaceships??

or where are the totally random, not even caring about the types of vehicles MM..??

See.. people who really have no general idea what A PATENT is, talks about a specific patent without even reading it.. in wot forums for years.

I have to give the credit to the idiot who first MADE A PAGE FOR THAT!

got a big fan base.. It was like moths flying to the light at dark..

But please.. keep that idiocy out of wows forum. I want to believe the general intelligence of Wows community is at least even slightly higher than WOT community.

15 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

I just ask questions and searching for explanations. Some put words in my mouth I never said.

About the screenshots,

At first I stayed with 2 BS to support them against  airstrikes and DD. After the first attack one started to flee and I Continued with the other one with an attack. Partially that succeeded as you can see that I made 3 kills but If you don't get support from the rest of your team.... you fail. Maybe in the hands of a unicum player, there was a chance to win.

Started second battle and after a few minutes.... as you can see, I did not have the energy anymore to support a tomatoe/bot team again....

Dear OP,

You cannot post some screenshot, tell a story and expect people to comment on that.

Please, share a couple battles you think you played good and your team let you down.

and let them people watch it and comment on that. You can have incredible insights on yourself.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,840 posts
10,498 battles
49 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Yes they are different games. No they are the same on the teamplay aspect. There are important things to do, important points to take, important parts of the map to cover. The important skills are the same. Knowing the maps, knowing the meta data of the ships. Knowing your ship. Experienced captain (crew for wot), premium consumables, good upgrades (modules for wot), and as I've said earlier.. the most important of them all.. DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS..

Just think about it. How many times you beached yourself in a very heated situation? you couldnt decide to go either left or right of that island.. and when you made up your mind it was too late.. How many times.. when was the last time..

Which ship you fire at when you presented by multiple targets?

Please do not carry that patent in here too..

Any person who has a shred of intelligence and at least alive 2 brain cells.. read that patent..

please do not talk about a document without reading it first.

Have you read it? I dont think so. But even If you did.. then answer me please.. If that patent is correct.. where are the flying spaceships??

or where are the totally random, not even caring about the types of vehicles MM..??

See.. people who really have no general idea what A PATENT is, talks about a specific patent without even reading it.. in wot forums for years.

I have to give the credit to the idiot who first MADE A PAGE FOR THAT!

got a big fan base.. It was like moths flying to the light at dark..

But please.. keep that idiocy out of wows forum. I want to believe the general intelligence of Wows community is at least even slightly higher than WOT community.

Dear OP,

You cannot post some screenshot, tell a story and expect people to comment on that.

Please, share a couple battles you think you played good and your team let you down.

and let them people watch it and comment on that. You can have incredible insights on yourself.

Really?!?

I dont even have time to play ... dont even feel like to watch any of my own replays  - yet alone replays of other players  :)

Yesterday I gave up after 3 games.

First one was all BBs camping way back in tears of desert (loss predicted at 4th minute). - defeat.

Second one power died for couple of minutes putting me AFK. - defeat.

Third one was a win, but the game made me sick to see two tirpitzis camping at 20km behind islands.

Sometimes on days like this I want to....

Spoiler

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,372 posts
9,475 battles
30 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Really?!?

I dont even have time to play ... dont even feel like to watch any of my own replays  - yet alone replays of other players  :)

Thank god some of the people in this community are not as busy and frustrated as you :fish_aqua:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,840 posts
10,498 battles
8 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Thank god some of the people in this community are not as busy and frustrated as you :fish_aqua:

Time to get an outdoors job :P

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,372 posts
9,475 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Time to get an outdoors job :P

as for me, I have an outdoors job :) kind of mixed actually

But my free time divided into 4 things..

Reading/writing,

Wows,

Working out. (1 hour daily)

Playing some music. (weekends)

Usually you can say wows takes at least %50 of my free time :)

[THESO]
Players
918 posts
7,475 battles
21 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:
Spoiler

I started to play this game in september last year and as of the last updates it seems I'm participating in collecting defeats. This gives me a World of Tanks déjà vu but this time it's worse cause there isn't coming and end to it. The reason is not that I play bad cause most of the time I end up in the top 3 of my team but I notice that several players quit the game during the battle or go suicide. I wonder why I never end up in the winning team. Is it because I play the game for free and I'm being used as cannonfodder or ..... ? Please tell me.

Something has to change cause this isn't fun anymore. Maybe you can change the MM or reward the players that ending up in the top 3 of the losing team after 3 defeats in a row with extra golden doubloons, free XP or extra credits and maybe after 5 or more defeats IN A ROW with more extra's. Cause if you don't change anything on this you will lose players.

shot-18.03.04_11.50.19-0391.jpg

shot-18.03.06_16.27.03-0690.jpg

shot-18.03.06_16.47.31-0872.jpg

shot-18.03.06_17.27.51-0293.jpg

shot-18.03.06_22.20.35-0600.jpg

shot-18.03.07_10.14.32-0528.jpg

Well after all this bashing, if you still read this, I have some lines to drop for ya:

* If MM was rigged in one way or another, it would favor the  <%50 WR players, not the other way around. They are the ones with flight risk....

* We all have good teams and bad teams, some times more the former, sometimes more the latter. 

* There will be many battles that would seem auto win/lose regardless of your perfomance. But there will also be some where you can effectively change the outcome. Focus to do your best in them.

* Playing in a solid division hugely boosts the WR. Play with your friends. Or join a clan and get new ones ;)

* Sacrifice a goat to RNG Gods.