You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Herbstnebel1975

Collecting defeats day after day isn't motivating anymore to keep playing this game !

104 comments in this topic

5,813 posts
10,255 battles
9 minutes ago, Armorin said:

The winning team will push up on mass and support their DD's.

Well, Teamwork is OP....

Greetings

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
38 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Plus, 50% of players will be above average (either by a tiny little bit or a lot), and 50% below average (either by a tiny little bit or a lot).

Actually, a lot more than 50% of players can be below average (and probably are without looking it up). For example, 9 players on 49% 1 player on 59%, the average score is ?

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,220 posts
17,214 battles
21 minutes ago, Armorin said:

Yep. Recently I'm always on a bad run, punctuated by a few short good runs. Doesn't matter what ship or tier I play. It's completely depressing me and making me wonder why I bother playing the game. Maybe it will stop when my overall win rate has been equalised. Whether I play well or not doesn't seem to make a difference.

And when you look at the overall behaviour of each team, it is easy to see why the team has won. The winning team will push up on mass and support their DD's. The losing team is always sailing several lines behind the caps.

Perhaps divisions of unicum players don't feel this so badly, as they can have a large influence on the battle. But I'm thoroughly convinced the MM is rigged as hell, putting players into win mode or lose mode. It's the length of these losing streaks which is so depressing.

True, divisions of good players can have a positive influence on the game, yet they do not win every game.

If MM were rigged, it would affect all players which is not the case.

Take a break and play something else or go for a walk. Your state of mind affects how you play and your perception of how you and others play.

Players
3,328 posts
15,811 battles
5 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Actually, a lot more than 50% of players can be below average (and probably are without looking it up). For example, 9 players on 49% 1 player on 59%, the average score is ?

Yes, I remember all that from my Statistics classes . . . mean, median, mode ... and all that good stuff.

But I had to set up the punchline of the joke, so I pulled out my "poetic licence" and saw that it was still in date, and went ahead! :Smile_Default:

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
10,616 battles

@Herbstnebel1975,

by the looks of your screenshots you play random battles; you really should try co-op battles a few weeks:

pro's :

- your contibution to winning is 1 of 8, instead of 1 out of 12 players; so you can influence battles more

- playing a CV is somewhat easier, because you got a smaller number of teammates to protect /worry about

- try destroy the enemy torpedobombers first,  and hit BBs, and your teammates will stay afloat, enemy CV is more predictable

- as a CV player (Hosho/Zuiho/Riyuo ) your influense is huge: let the teammates go after enemy CV, or sink it youself  after battleships are disposed of.

- more relaxed atmosphere, not always, but usually teammates are just leveling/try a new ship or captain

- you win more battles as a team, so your mood will improve, compared to your mood about random WoWs as it is now

-never met someone downtalking anyone about "'stats" or win-rate in co-op; in contrast to some forum posters and XVM random players like to do

cons:

takes more battles to gain XP and credits, but 10 wins and 2 loses gives you more XP /credits on average , than 10 losses and 2 wins in randoms !

try it/ test it/do the math :)

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles
2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

and the last part..

It is just tinfoil..

Nothing changed.

Nothing rigged.

I wouldn't be so sure about rigging. Wargaming has long been suspected to rig games/RNG in favor of getting as many bad players towards the average, to boost the experience of the bad player blob (which is the majority of the population so it's a logical stance from a marketing point of view). At one point they even patented such a system IIRC. 

Too many good/unicum players on WoT notice that RNG heavily disfavors them in most engagements to write it off as a coincidence. 

39 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Indeed. Old statistic but it proves the point:

Image result for wows win ratio graph

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,399 posts
4,112 battles
2 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

How come that the most players have a general winrate of around 50% ??? If battles are realy RANDOM how can this happen ?  In WOT it tried with a second account to get a general winrate below 35% but I did not succeed to manage it, it was even harder then to reach a winrate of more then 50%. The MM was putting me after a while in teams with good players. Even sabotage the team or go suicide from the start did not help.

That and some more other reasons made me to deinstall the game from my harddrive.

WoWs is (or was) better untill the last 2 patches. Something has changed.

And I agree I'm not a good player and I can give it a try to improve but if not....I'm afraid this game will be deinstalled soon just like WoT  cause it feels more like a waste of time and lots of frustration and lack of fun.

Okay. Just get out. Uninstall the game and never come back. If your attitude is that 50% of the matches should be wins just because they are random, then you fail to grasp the most basic concepts of not only this game, but any MMO in existence.

The average winrate is around 48% IIRC, not 50. If it was truly just down to luck everyone would have the same ~49.8%-ish winrate (accounting for draws), and there would be no exceptions. 

However, for some reason there are people who have winrates as high as 70-75%, because they actually understand how to swing a battle. 

Here's a hint: raw damage isn't everything. If it was, then I should have won the Ibuki game where I did 208k damage and killed 4 ships. I should have won the Baltimore game in which I took on 3BB's and a CA with one backing ship and won that fight and ended up 130-something K damage. 

In neither case did I win. Why? Because I was unable tp effect the battle in a way that would have swung it. 

Sure, sometimes the team is useless, but there is only so many times you can blame them, and with 47% WR maybe, just maybe it's not their fault every time you lose. 

• Cool 1

Players
79 posts
5,711 battles

Piritskenyer. Those people who have a winrate of 70% or higher are they playing for free or do they pay now and then for the game ?

Ok, not everybody who pays for the game will have good stats but are there players with unicum stats and never payed for the game ? I doubt it...

When I read the forums and facebook, I notice that a lot of players are disappointed and if they would all deinstall the game it would be good for their mental health but not for your patience in de queue.

A possible solution could be to make teams by the skills. Beginners vs Beginners,  Average vs Average and Skilled vs Skilled.

[CATS]
Players
24,642 posts
13,656 battles

There are F2P players with good WR.

And there are a lot of paying customers who play abyssmal.

Maybe you should start a poll.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,399 posts
4,112 battles
5 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Piritskenyer. Those people who have a winrate of 70% or higher are they playing for free or do they pay now and then for the game ?

Ok, not everybody who pays for the game will have good stats but are there players with unicum stats and never payed for the game ? I doubt it...

I achieved a 61% winrate before buying my first premium ship. 

What was your argument again? Are you implying that the game is P2W? 

There is no amount of money that is going to help a clueless player git gud, as even the most OP ship is useless in the hands of a useless player. 

Your argument is invalid. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,464 posts
22,921 battles
12 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

lol... well, wouldn't it maybe just as likely that these people simply are more dedicated, played more and thus maybe even invested something in a hobby they do like and proven to be good in?!...

.... or that it is caused by ancient mystery induced lightrays from the outerrim of our galaxy?!....

who knows or even gives a s***?!.... u keep on losing, maybe have a break. u keep on winning, maybe continue until next loss. u lose on one ship may change ship.... and so on.

edit: dunno bout my longest losing streak (must have been some lol), but i remember to have netted like 21 wins one day on tirpitz credit grind (may not all in row, but yeah...)

[CAIN]
Players
4,220 posts
17,214 battles
25 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

When I read the forums and facebook, I notice that a lot of players are disappointed and if they would all deinstall the game it would be good for their mental health but not for your patience in de queue.

A possible solution could be to make teams by the skills. Beginners vs Beginners,  Average vs Average and Skilled vs Skilled.

Paying will not make you any good or make you win more.

You bought yourself a Scharnhorst and a Kaga and you have bad stats in both of them, while one game in the Scharnhorst is not representative even tho you only did 23k damage, the games in your Kaga are. You've won only 4 out of 12 games, which means you are not a good player and buying anything in this game does not make you win more. And this applies to everyone.

Your own stats invalidate your arguments.

I suggest you accept that you need to learn more and stop posting nonsense about p2w and rigged MM theories.

Players
79 posts
5,711 battles

Pink Panther, 61% winrate before you bought your first premium ship..... 61 %.... after 25 battles or  25k battles  ? LOL

Ok I agree, that is something we can't prove. What I do know is about 4 years ago, a good player of my first clan (in WOT) started to play with my account after I was complaining in chat that I had nothing but defeats....guess what, he had the same problem and he did not had an explanation for it. Some days I had all the defeats and some days I had all the victory's.

But ok, we are talking about wows, I just played another battle and not with CV and guess what ...... please tell me what went wrong

shot-18.03.07_14.28.12-0193.jpg

shot-18.03.07_14.33.29-0739.jpg

shot-18.03.07_14.33.40-0163.jpg

[CAIN]
Players
4,220 posts
17,214 battles
6 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Pink Panther, 61% winrate before you bought your first premium ship..... 61 %.... after 25 battles or  25k battles  ? LOL

Ok I agree, that is something we can't prove. What I do know is about 4 years ago, a good player of my first clan (in WOT) started to play with my account after I was complaining in chat that I had nothing but defeats....guess what, he had the same problem and he did not had an explanation for it. Some days I had all the defeats and some days I had all the victory's.

But ok, we are talking about wows, I just played another battle and not with CV and guess what ...... please tell me what went wrong

shot-18.03.07_14.28.12-0193.jpg

Where is your damage counter?

Also, to see what went wrong and you don't seem to comprehend what people wrote, please consult this page:

http://www.wowstats.org/stats/eu/herbstnebel1975/

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,464 posts
22,921 battles

so, i free-xp'ed up to republique after gathering ngh of those to do it from mid riechlieu.... what a beast :)! in the 1st like roundabout 20 runs i had a whoopy wr of 33%, even though havin a ton of 120-170k matches. evened a bit out by now, but u can't carry a ton of potatoes always. divi up and chances rise in an instant already btw...

ok, the screens: did u advance further from that position or did reverse and stay in cover? did u got spotted by cv and blapped by bb ap? nothing really can tell off those, but these options just spring to mind. cleve is like a hardcarry boat btw which totally deserves its upcoming t8 spot, at least if u have cover and spotting.

#nerfteamwork

[XTREM]
Players
1,030 posts
8,372 battles
1 hour ago, Sander93 said:

At one point they even patented such a system IIRC.

This was disproved long ago, too lazy to look it up and I was never a WoT player to begin with.

16 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

The craziest part about this conspiracy theory that you have is that WG actually has a perfectly working MM balance algorithm, secretly in place.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Instead of using it to their advantage they would secretly use it to make you win OR lose in continuous streaks? What is the point of such streaks? Surely if WG had this evil system figured out they would hide their manipulation by feeding wins and losses at a more constant rate? You just pose ideas without any proof, but worse, devoid of any type of logic also.

The answers you are looking for are all on the first page - RNG, bad play, failing to influence the battle etc. You are just sub-standard in performance and you get sub-standard results. One look at your stats proves that you should have an overall winrate of less than 50% which you in fact have - 47.28%. Makes perfect sense.

edit and no I'm not bashing you. You just do not develop yourself as a player. Also proven by the fac that you hang around in low tiers exclusively

[SM0KE]
Players
4,814 posts
11,806 battles
56 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Are you implying that WOWS is P2W? It absolutely isn't - I'm living proof (premium account, and I own the vast majority of the premium ships in the game, but I still suck)...!

Players
79 posts
5,711 battles

I just ask questions and searching for explanations. Some put words in my mouth I never said.

About the screenshots,

At first I stayed with 2 BS to support them against  airstrikes and DD. After the first attack one started to flee and I Continued with the other one with an attack. Partially that succeeded as you can see that I made 3 kills but If you don't get support from the rest of your team.... you fail. Maybe in the hands of a unicum player, there was a chance to win.

Started second battle and after a few minutes.... as you can see, I did not have the energy anymore to support a tomatoe/bot team again....

shot-18.03.07_14.52.46-0947.jpg

Players
79 posts
5,711 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Are you implying that WOWS is P2W? It absolutely isn't - I'm living proof (premium account, and I own the vast majority of the premium ships in the game, but I still suck)...!

read all my posts, I said that not every paying player has good stats.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,860 posts
9,421 battles

I don't understand what the point of this topic is.

Posting random battle results as if it would indicate something.

You know what? A single battle doesn't mean anything. 100 battles doesn't mean anything.

Your results after 1000+ battles will start to mean something. Guess what they mean? They mean that you are a bad player.

You can become a good player if you do your best and drop the attitude that you're not the one in control of your own win rate. Be observant all through the battle, not just regarding what you are doing, but how the entire battle is unfolding. You will start to see where battles begin shifting towards a loss and then you will have the information necessary to apply yourself towards stopping that. Eventually you will not just be reacting but also be proactive when you know what wins and what loses battles. 

I have days where I can pull off 10 defeats in a row and don't feel like I can point at anything I did wrong. Then I'll have win streaks other days. They even out and eventually in the long run I end up with a win rate indicating how many battles I managed to influence positively or negatively.

It's the same for everyone.

If you truly want to know "what went wrong" in individual battles and you can't analyze it yourself. Post a replay or even better, record video and post to YouTube.

Your scorecard at the end tells us practically nothing unless it shows something exceptional.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,814 posts
11,806 battles
8 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

read all my posts, I said that not every paying player has good stats.

I did - I was gently taking the pi$$...!

Being serious, you're probably just suffering from the impact of not having fully got to grips with the game yet; I'm also a relative newcomer (from WOT too), and WOWS is very different, in terms of how to play, and the pace of it all.

If you try and play in a similar manner to how you might in WOT, or other games that reward being very gung-ho, you'll get slaughtered most of the time.

As others have said, watch YouTube videos (the Yuro ones are quite fun, although not entirely scholarly, for example), read tutorials; also, make use of Co-Op mode to get the hang of your ships' parameters and performance (although be mindful that the bots play very differently to real people).

Also, ask questions on here: most posters are very happy to help (look for people with the 'quality poster' tag especially); I'd just suggest that questions are phrased in the manner of "I don't understand x; what's going on?", rather than "the game is broken/rigged because x happened - I demand WG change it immediately" (the former will get you more helpful answers).

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,860 posts
9,421 battles
1 minute ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

or join me in a division, wouldn't that be better ? :-)

I'm sure you'll find someone.

I don't division, nothing personal.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,464 posts
22,921 battles
9 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

I just ask questions and searching for explanations. Some put words in my mouth I never said.

About the screenshots,

At first I stayed with 2 BS to support them against  airstrikes and DD. After the first attack one started to flee and I Continued with the other one with an attack. Partially that succeeded as you can see that I made 3 kills but If you don't get support from the rest of your team.... you fail. Maybe in the hands of a unicum player, there was a chance to win.

Started second battle and after a few minutes.... as you can see, I did not have the energy anymore to support a tomatoe/bot team again....

shot-18.03.07_14.52.46-0947.jpg

classic.... had tons of such in the start as well and barely explanations.  i do it as follows (if i care at all anyway by now^^): do a run, on defeat or loss i change ship (--> farming bonusses). then i play all the ships through granting daily bonusses, no matter if loss or defeat. after being through i can start again with the ships i lost on. if i have 3-5 losses in a row i drop the game for at least some hours and may try again for bnousses.

and again: look out for people to divi up with, that's already too less factors u know nothing about.

edit: ok, hit me up if interested, will be logged in in like 5 mins

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,814 posts
11,806 battles
12 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

or join me in a division, wouldn't that be better ? :-)

I fear you won't learn a huge amount from me, but if you see me online, I'm at your service (should be about at the weekend; I'm on EST, so my weekday evenings tend to be long after most in the EU have gone to bed)...