You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

Alsace

72 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Players
209 posts

Its been a while since you hoodwinked us with a Izumo or a Baltimore at T9 but you've done it again with the Alsace. 

You need to OP them in some way. I would also suggest you make it harder for her to catch fire.

Disappointed 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,106 posts
14,966 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

I would also suggest you make it harder for her to catch fire.

Fire resistance is tier, not ship based. You catch fires equally well in an Iowa as you would in an Alsace etc. etc. etc.

• Cool 2

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles

Really? Stat wise it seems to be a fairly potent Battleship, other than it's armour against HE. What's so terrible about it?

Players
2,169 posts

Seen some very well played Alsace, a fair few being potato'd of course. Seems like it has nasty guns and isn't too easy to kill unless broadside presented, but that's true of any ship.

Not sure there's anything wrong with it and it's even quite pretty!

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,478 posts
5,947 battles
1 hour ago, Salentine said:

I quite like it so far...

If boss likes it..

We like it too!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,652 battles

I've been watching Flambass playing it and seems correct. Yes, he is an unicum player, but he really likes it. The issue with Alsace and most of the french BBs is that their gun caliber is the worst among same tier BBs so they cannot penetrate so relliably. So with French BBs you really need to shot AP only to broadside targets.

Players
535 posts
6,187 battles

:cap_haloween:  yup buff it :cap_haloween:   

after Hindi my favorite ship by far, so many citadels with her, just can not express myself how much I like it - had some of the best time with her like best in 6mo period :)

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, El2aZeR sagte:

Fire resistance is tier, not ship based. You catch fires equally well in an Iowa as you would in an Alsace etc. etc. etc.

But muh secondary specced ship burns more than tank-build ship, WG fix this!

Looked at OP's stats, he's really using Sec-Spec on Alsace.

Vor 18 Minuten, Vlad_Vado sagte:

I've been watching Flambass playing it and seems correct. Yes, he is an unicum player, but he really likes it. The issue with Alsace and most of the french BBs is that their gun caliber is the worst among same tier BBs so they cannot penetrate so relliably. So with French BBs you really need to shot AP only to broadside targets.

Please be careful what you write, some people might actually believe you and start using HE with French BBs :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,732 posts
9,234 battles
14 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

But muh secondary specced ship burns more than tank-build ship, WG fix this!

Looked at OP's stats, he's really using Sec-Spec on Alsace.

Please be careful what you write, some people might actually believe you and start using HE with French BBs :fish_palm:

"Yes, lets spend 16 points on a build so I can spam HE shells with anemic damage that have been buffed to be able to damage exclusively DDs and superstructures. This is a good deal" - people going for secondary builds

Also, too late. Half the Lyons I meet use exclusively HE.

Players
624 posts
4,971 battles

Been playing her daily and personally find her extremely frustrating. I find flamus summation of her to be most accurate, in that she is technically quite strong, but is made downright infuriating to play because of her guns. 12 of them matters little when none of them can hit anything. It worked for the fuso, but that was t6 where you can cit the entire game in your sleep. Alsace is the only ship I've played that has made me feel like spending a salvo on an angled or bow on target is a total waste. Not because of bounces but because the dispersion means you wont hit it at all.

Granted, I've not played the infamous Friedrich yet, but at least they Germans trade their accuracy for disgusting armor and secondaries, which buys you time to make the guns work. ATM I'm having more trouble with Alsace than I did with izumo, or even Richelieu before her.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,247 posts
3,482 battles
6 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

Its been a while since you hoodwinked us with a Izumo or a Baltimore at T9 but you've done it again with the Alsace. 

You need to OP them in some way. I would also suggest you make it harder for her to catch fire.

Disappointed 

LOLWUT

If Alsace doesn't perform for you, I got bad news for you son, 

You got 99 problems but the ship ain't one. 

PS: Also, bringing up Baltimore as a negative example in this day and age doesn't work anymore. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,652 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Well, If someone starts spamming HE with a FR BB because my comment, then its a potato far beyond I'm right now. What I wanted to point is that you need to choose wisely your targets not that you should spam HE. Although, we all can agree that a BB should shoot HE in some points (all enemy ships are properly angled or only surviving ships on enemy team are DDs...).

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,245 posts
18,298 battles

Lol, shut up guyz. He s right and you re all wrong.

Actually, because I took the time and really did the math,  on tiers 6 and 7 the French BBs are better HE spammers then the same tier UK BBs.

On tier 9 they are equal (perfectly equal, strange) when the UK has the upgraded guns, with the stock guns, UK is worse than FR.

Here is the math, per each HE salvo:

Tier 6:

UK: 8x6300=50400, firechance/salvo: 8x35%=2.8                         FR: 12x4700=56400,firechance/salvo: 12x26%=3.12

Tier 7:

UK: 10x6100=61000, firechance/salvo: 10x41%=4.1                     FR: 16x4700=75200, firechance/salvo: 16x26%=4.16

Tier 9:

UK: 9x7200=64800, firechance/salvo: 9x48%=4.32                       FR: 12x5400=64800, firechance/salvo: 12x36%=4.32

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,479 posts
6,690 battles

Yeah, I mean baltimore.....such a terrible ship....

bored-gif-12.gif

• Funny 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,245 posts
18,298 battles
20 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Yeah, I mean baltimore.....such a terrible ship....

Played Baltimore before it received radar and all the buffs, and even if I performed decent in it, it was indeed not a  very good ship.

[-FF-]
Players
818 posts
5,821 battles

For now after 1 week, Alsace is the best in terms of xp per game and only behind musashi in terms of average damage, and not a lot.

image.thumb.png.bd2c4fe466b1826240340531b6c729aa.png

Ships looks very strong

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 47 Minuten, 22cm sagte:

Lol, shut up guyz. He s right and you re all wrong.

Actually, because I took the time and really did the math,  on tiers 6 and 7 the French BBs are better HE spammers then the same tier UK BBs.

On tier 9 they are equal (perfectly equal, strange) when the UK has the upgraded guns, with the stock guns, UK is worse than FR.

Here is the math, per each HE salvo:

Tier 6:

UK: 8x6300=50400, fires: 8x35%=2.8                         FR: 12x4700=56400, fires: 12x26%=3.12

Tier 7:

UK: 10x6100=61000, fires: 10x41%=4.1                     FR: 16x4700=75200, fires: 16x26%=4.16

Tier 9:

UK: 9x7200=64800, fires: 9x48%=4.32                       FR: 12x5400=64800, fires: 12x36%=4.32

That's some nice math you got there. Let's just hope you are trolling :cap_happy:

If not, look at this: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

With the Fire Resistance Coefficient included, your result is wrong. Not even mentioning Fire Prevention Skill etc.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,245 posts
18,298 battles
26 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

That's some nice math you got there. Let's just hope you are trolling :cap_happy:

If not, look at this: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

With the Fire Resistance Coefficient included, your result is wrong. Not even mentioning Fire Prevention Skill etc.

Lol, I calculated the total damage and total firechance per HE salvo.

If you have the strange idea that only the FR BBs targets have Fire Resistance Coefficient included and Fire Prevention Skill, then you re the one trolling.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,360 battles
11 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

For now after 1 week, Alsace is the best in terms of xp per game and only behind musashi in terms of average damage, and not a lot.

image.thumb.png.bd2c4fe466b1826240340531b6c729aa.png

Ships looks very strong

I consider it a bit of a small sample, especially considering that Alsace is currently being played by seasoned BB veterans who had a lot of free xp just sitting there.

Am currently at the Richelieu, which I find so and so, like a Dunquerque on cocaine at t8.

Looking forward to Alsace but checking last night's Flamu's twitch I was dissapointed with the gunshot like dispersion.

In fact it was worse than that, first salvo shotgun, second salvo laser guns. Thats even worse cause u dont know what to expect from the gun performance.

Cheers

[IDDQD]
Players
1,787 posts
16,463 battles

just curious how many of you use dispersion module in slot 3? I use it on my Richelie and guns feels quite accurate to me so far (good vertical dispersion, bad horizontal).

[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,908 posts
7,544 battles

Alsace is amazing. Better to realize your playstyle is wrong before whining. I havent met anyone that says Alsace is anything close to weak. Sure it squishy, but that is amazingly balanced by a ton of other strengths.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,732 posts
9,234 battles
4 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Alsace is amazing. Better to realize your playstyle is wrong before whining. I havent met anyone that says Alsace is anything close to weak. Sure it squishy, but that is amazingly balanced by a ton of other strengths.

And only squishy against HE, she feels very good against AP.

The highlight of the FR BB branch