You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

Turret destroyed multiple times in short time - latest patch bug?

19 comments in this topic

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles

Did anyone notice how turrets are now easy to destroy?

Usualy you get destroyed or incapacitated 1 turret from time to time, but what are the chances for that to happen 2-3 times every single battle in 1 day, and even you get 2 turrets destroyed so you ship is basically useless the rest time of the battle.

I got hit by f*** Republique and both front guns end destroyed on Iowa.

Is this some nerf on Iowa and Missouri or did WG screw something up with patch that came out today?

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 16 Minuten, Hades_warrior sagte:

Usualy you get destroyed or incapacitated 1 turret from time to time, but what are the chances for that to happen 2-3 times every single battle in 1 day, and even you get 2 turrets destroyed so you ship is basically useless the rest time of the battle.

That's RNG. It's called like that because it's random.

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

That's RNG. It's called like that because it's random.

RNG my a,ss.

Last 3 battles, all was incapacitate on my turrets, with last battle both turrent destroyed entirely. There must be something stinky under the hood of this game with this patch.

And before someone ask about upgrades on ship and commander skills yes, I do have for preventive maintenance and that stuff for better survival of guns and this still happens more then ever before.

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
53 posts
10,804 battles

Let me take a wild guess... U like go bow on camp and snipe (just an idea from your stats).. If that is the case, I say welcome to any change that will hurt you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
1 hour ago, ZeMalm said:

Let me take a wild guess... U like go bow on camp and snipe (just an idea from your stats).. If that is the case, I say welcome to any change that will hurt you.

Are you always so wrong in your guessing?

I dont do that stuff and for your info, you HAVE to play Iowa / Missouri and similar ships bow on. Anyone who play Iowa or Missouri broadsiding is an noob idiot who will eat citadels like candy's and wondering what he's doing wrong.

• Bad 1

[-FF-]
Players
822 posts
5,826 battles

You just were unlucky.

High tier french BBs have very good penetration values, especially the republique like Panocek said, which can easily destroy your turrets.

Also players can voluntarily aim at your turrets if you're angled.

I've not noticed any significant change, because there are no change at all.

Using preventive maintenance and the first upgrade slot for turret survability helps.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,880 battles

I've noticed that I lose 50% of my torbedotubes in every single battle when playing Yueyang.

• Cool 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles

Like has already been said: Bad luck and Republique has that pretty devastating 750 something mm of penetration under 10km so it can easily knock turrets out as long as it hits.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,244 posts
14,972 battles

Haven't noticed anything unusual playing cruisers and DDs.

Obviously not playing BBs because lol queue times.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,498 posts
5,961 battles
7 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Are you always so wrong in your guessing?

I dont do that stuff and for your info, you HAVE to play Iowa / Missouri and similar ships bow on. Anyone who play Iowa or Missouri broadsiding is an noob idiot who will eat citadels like candy's and wondering what he's doing wrong.

so on the other side,

you can easily claim that the ONLY way to play a DM is to hide behind an island for 15 mins and lob shells..

and anyone who doesn't do that is a noob.

Am I right?

• Cool 1

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
13 hours ago, Turnipsi said:

Like has already been said: Bad luck and Republique has that pretty devastating 750 something mm of penetration under 10km so it can easily knock turrets out as long as it hits.

Then how to explain this if that happen from BB of some other nation?

15 hours ago, Kenliero said:

I've noticed that I lose 50% of my torbedotubes in every single battle when playing Yueyang.

For a BB's temporary incapacitation of turrets happens like 1 in 20-30 battles from what Ive saw, if you have PM on commander. But the other thing is when this happen in 5 of 5 battles in a row, and even perma destroying all your turrets. 1 destruction of turret is very rare, not to mention 2 at once.

Comparing this to torpedo tubes is pointless when those tubes are easy to incapacitate on cruisers.

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles

Ah, this remind me of the good old days when I was going through the RU DD tree. It wasn't exactly all that rare that you ended a match with two destroyed turrets, which in the Ognevoi meant that your only means of attack was the rather pitiful 4km torpedoes.

[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
98 posts
8,899 battles
19 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Did anyone notice how turrets are now easy to destroy?

I got hit by f*** Republique and both front guns end destroyed on Iowa.

Is this some nerf on Iowa and Missouri or did WG screw something up with patch that came out today?

I actually noticed this in 0.7.1 or maybe even 0.7.0. And not just in turrets, i had more games with torp tubes destroyed (and that was on DD that doeasnt have t9 torp module, i use different one), engine and ruder breaks more offen too but that is just my expierence. It wouldnt be first when WG screws something up ...

I didnt mention it before because ppl will say its RNG and WG probably will fix it in like 6 months (if its broken)...

Players
2,186 posts
3,836 battles
4 minutes ago, Klimons said:

I actually noticed this in 0.7.1 or maybe even 0.7.0. And not just in turrets, i had more games with torp tubes destroyed (and that was on DD that doeasnt have t9 torp module, i use different one), engine and ruder breaks more offen too but that is just my expierence. It wouldnt be first when WG screws something up ...

I didnt mention it before because ppl will say its RNG and WG probably will fix it in like 6 months (if its broken)...

When I played cruisers I had offen incapacitate on engine or torpedo tubes, but engine and steering you can repair. When turret is destroyed you cant do anything for the rest of the battle exept runing away or try to ram closest enemy ship...

I doubt WG will fix it. Im very sure that they are not even aware how offen this happens.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,880 battles
43 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Then how to explain this if that happen from BB of some other nation?

For a BB's temporary incapacitation of turrets happens like 1 in 20-30 battles from what Ive saw, if you have PM on commander. But the other thing is when this happen in 5 of 5 battles in a row, and even perma destroying all your turrets. 1 destruction of turret is very rare, not to mention 2 at once.

Comparing this to torpedo tubes is pointless when those tubes are easy to incapacitate on cruisers.

Yueyang is not a cruiser.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,589 posts
13,507 battles
14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I have. I now get citadeled all the time at any angle in the Hindenburg!!! Don't get it. It used to be pretty tanky for a cruiser, but now everything that shoots at me gets at least 8k dmg pr salvo.  

[WCWVE]
Players
865 posts
13,050 battles
18 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Currently queue time is only about 2-3 minutes for all types of battleships

I have seen a lot worse - when team play was available queue times were horrendous with some battles having a time of more than 20 minutes 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,244 posts
14,972 battles
6 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I have seen a lot worse

You are a more patient man than I am I suppose. :D