Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Excavatus

Your Hamster is hungry WG

28 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles

Dear WG,

Please set fire the person or team who is responsible for the maintenance and stability of your servers.

It is not fun to get disconnected from a battle and not getting in back for a while then get in and find yourself farmed.

and it is not me.. at least half of the BOTH teams in MORE THAN ONCE TONIGHT was disconnected and asking the wellbeing of your all relatives in the battle chat.

Be the company who a lot of people PAY MONEY.. and solve your server issues..

Feck you kindly!

• Cool 3

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
12 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Dear WG,

Please fire the person or team who is responsible for the maintenance and stability of your servers.

It is not fun to get disconnected from a battle and not getting in back for a while then get in and find yourself farmed.

and it is not me.. at least half of the BOTH teams in MORE THAN ONCE TONIGHT was disconnected and asking the wellbeing of your all relatives in the battle chat.

Be the company who a lot of people PAY MONEY.. and solve your server issues..

Feck you kindly!

Well, seems like the servers can't handle the mass of skilled players that came with steam. Lucky me I don't play in the EU-Evenings :D

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles

"Please fire" tends to be a red flag for WG. They tend to see it as a harassment of their staff. Try to avoid using that kind of expression when dealing with them. I've gotten some kind of critical error bugs that freeze the game and I need to close post patch, so they've introduced some kind of bug with the latest patch that causes people to crash.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles
7 hours ago, Agantas said:

"Please fire" tends to be a red flag for WG. They tend to see it as a harassment of their staff. Try to avoid using that kind of expression when dealing with them. I've gotten some kind of critical error bugs that freeze the game and I need to close post patch, so they've introduced some kind of bug with the latest patch that causes people to crash.

necessary editing has been done on the OP regarding the suggestions in above message!

Thank you for the warning :)

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles

Maybe related,

Had 2 matches yesterday where up to 4-5 ships  were seemingly afk for half a match and then started moving, one by one, 5 minutes into the game. Usually I'd chalk this down to someone being afk or remembering the stove is on or something but the number of players suggest there might be some issues regarding loading for some players. It's not impossible that it was a fluke though

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,558 posts
20,713 battles

I got disconnected just after locking in a drop.

Reconnected to find myself with a kill and more damage I thought I would get.

Turns out the guy I dropped got disconnected as well, then flooded to death. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I got disconnected just after locking in a drop.

Reconnected to find myself with a kill and more damage I thought I would get.

Turns out the guy I dropped got disconnected as well, then flooded to death. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I disconnected 3 times last night..

in the first.. I was just about to proxy detected by a nassau in my smoke.. and trying to get away from there.

When I got back in.. I was beached 2km away from that nassau. He was beached and still offline.

I felt a little bad when torping that guy :) and the other guy 2km away behind an island.. still offline..

the other 2 disconnects happened while I was dogfighting with DDs inside the danger zone targeted by at least 6 ships..

in both I regain conciousness in a grave :)

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles

last night it was a server problem.. people disconnected in dozens and cant get back in because "Cannot login now, server is busy"

[THESO]
Players
4,557 posts

People ... i grow fed up with your hamster jokes.

Specially by the ones who never worked in IT and have no clue how server farms work.

And besides .. WG EU is using some really good data centers (data hub located in Luxembourg)  ... and if you got DC because server goes in maintenance mode ... well ... wait you puny pleb ;)

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

People ... i grow fed up with your hamster jokes.

Specially by the ones who never work in IT and have no clue how server farms work.

And besides .. WG has some really nice data centers (located in Luxenburg)  ... and if you got DC because server goes in maintenance mode ... well ... wait you puny pleb ;)

Maintenance must be announced.. Disconnecting hundreds of people at the same time because of (reasons) is not maintenance... If it happens once.. then it is ok.. totally acceptable.. 3 times (at least for me) in the course of 4 hours..

And If a server is going into maintenance mode by itself in the peak hours.. that really shows the incompetency of the team who is responsible for the well being and stability of the servers.

Not a pro expert like you but I am giving service for around 300 users in our company.

last year, I put in budget, backed up the server system with an exact replica.. now anything slightly happens, even If the servers has a little hiccup.. backup system takes charge and the main system stays offline until we look at it..

Dont tell me about the cost and the money. All of us knows that, they can afford it quite easily.. selling 50K prem ships or tanks (30 Euros each) in one sale.. means 1.5M euros in one go.. they had probably 2x or 3x of that just in the christmas... They can afford to pay another 200-500K for a backup system (I found these estimates out of my arse)

And If they already have it... then it is worse... really worse..

[THESO]
Players
4,557 posts
7 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Not a pro expert like you but I am giving service for around 300 users in our company.

Then you should be aware that unexpected things happen. Specially if you provide service for the clients yourself !

My experience with WG is that their game runs smoothly without any major issues (mind that we are still in open beta).

Could be the case that I am playing on powerful PC with 100mbps connection? Could be.

No point of making this hamster topics, because they are insulting to the people working hard on the servers.

I am not a pro in this (I am a developer not hw admin), but I do respect the guys working in our data center. And I know their job is frustrating because the clients cry after the server has been down for couple of minutes, because of some dumb problem unrelated to the actual service.

Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles
9 hours ago, Agantas said:

Customer has the right to point out that incompetent staff of the service provider should get fired. If the service provider doesn't like such suggestions he should make sure that said staff is actually doing their job instead of drinking vodka all day long. If said staff feels threatened by such suggestions then they should stop drinking vodka and start doing the job they're getting paid for. If they get fired and their families have nothing to live on then good- they will get what they deserve.

[THESO]
Players
4,557 posts
2 minutes ago, 44smok said:

Customer has the right to point out that incompetent staff of the service provider should get fired. If the service provider doesn't like such suggestions he should make sure that said staff is actually doing their job instead of drinking vodka all day long. If said staff feels threatened by such suggestions then they should stop drinking vodka and start doing the job they're getting paid for. If they get fired and their families have nothing to live on then good- they will get what they deserve.

What vodka? LOL gtfo :)

Servers are not located in WG HQ (where vodka runs from the pipes) for xsake.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Then you should be aware that unexpected things happen. Specially if you provide service for the clients yourself !

My experience with WG is that their game runs smoothly without any major issues (mind that we are still in open beta).

No point of making this hamster topics, because they are insulting to the people working hard on the servers.

I am not a pro in this (I am a developer not hw admin), but I do respect the guys working in our data center. And I know their job is frustrating because the clients cry after the server has been down for couple of minutes, because of some dumb problem unrelated to the actual service.

you are totally right.

But I am just saying,

with the todays tech and money,

it is possible to keep the down / hiccup times below a min..

as I've said.. 1 DC.. no problem.. I didn't think about that too much..

when it happened second time.. I was angry.. then I just imagined late night people.. sweating out from their afts.. and trying to solve "WTF is wrong with you this time you Piece of dung!" then I calmed myself down..

but when it happens third time..

no..

A company with the size of the WG cannot let that happen.. never ever.. not in any circumstances..

not todays world..

a couple years ago, Facebook servers comprimised.. they shut it down.. globally.. and was back up after around 30 seconds.. a frigging thirty seconds..

nobody realised what happened before they announced what happened..

so again..

a company with the size of WG cannot let the system hiccup more than once..

That is not acceptable.. at least for me as a costumer who has a slight idea about the servers.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

What vodka? LOL gtfo :)

Servers are not located in WG HQ for xsake.

HQ is in Cyprus :) no vodka there..

mostly beer

[THESO]
Players
4,557 posts
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

HQ is in Cyprus :) no vodka there..

mostly beer

In Cyprus you will probably find a wooden house in the woods with no power on that address. We all know why companies register in Cyprus dont we? ;)

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
113 posts
5,391 battles

2 of my division mates got disconnected at same time last night, but I didn't.

Also not sure if related, but at same time our discord started playing up, both of them got really pixelated like there was a huge strain on discord.

This always seems to happen after every patch/update

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

In Cyprus you will probably find a wooden house in the woods with no power on that address. We all know why companies register in Cyprus dont we? ;)

I take this as a joke,

you must know that they moved their HQ and all the executives to the cyprus and left developers for WOT and WOT blitz in Belarus

They took CCs to the new headquarters every year for a tour.

They have their own little WWII museum in Nicosia and there are hundreds of hours of CC videos there..

I dont want to think you believe all those are fake :)

[THESO]
Players
4,557 posts
Just now, Excavatus said:

I take this as a joke,

you must know that they moved their HQ and all the executives to the cyprus and left developers for WOT and WOT blitz in Belarus

They took CCs to the new headquarters every year for a tour.

They have their own little WWII museum in Nicosia and there are hundreds of hours of CC videos there..

I dont want to think you believe all those are fake :)

Yeah I was joking, I dont follow what WG does and does not. I just play the game to let my daily steam out ;)

Thnx for the info btw :)

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Yeah I was joking, I dont follow what WG does and does not. I just play the game to let my daily steam out ;)

Thnx for the info btw :)

When you have a relative working for the big evil monster you tend to follow what they do :)

• Cool 1

Players
1,678 posts
13,806 battles

Didn't experience any disconnects or freezes lately. But since latest patch I have a lot of fps drops from 144 fps (native) to ~50-70 fps. 

feelsbadman :<

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,455 battles

I was in a 3 person division and 2 of us got disconnected while other stayed happy in game

because the damn server message was "server busy" we couldn't get back into the game till the near the end of the battle

wg patch = more problems

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

At 5k+ games i NEVER EVER got DC.

not even a CTD?!? Man ur a lucky fella. :cap_like:

6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

You do realize they are using the same meme/joke themselves?

I think it was in the last application for Supertesters. The "password" they used to make sure you actualy read the terms (they hid it in there spread out) was something like "feed the server hamsters"

6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

You mean this building?

q2ao_0tj-gs.jpg?w=352&h=528&crop&ssl=1

On topic:

I am lucky enough to not have experienced any crashes or DC in the last months even though they were happening to fellow scrubs (obviously not you Nambr9) during Clanbattles sadly.

Hope I am spared or even better find a DC BB in my DD. :Smile_playing:

Edit: A powerful PC like mine do seem to help though....

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this