Mini patch allegidly fixing some crap - no word on fps, stuttering and crashes

26 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,573 battles

0.7.2.1 Update Notes 

[UPDATE] The update happenMarch 06; preparation begins at 05:00 CET until 06:30 CET (UTC+1).

• Fixed a bug that caused the ALT command to malfunction for aircraft groups when operated using the alternative mouse controls.
  • Fixed a bug that caused all aircraft groups except one to be deselected after clicking the left mouse button in an empty area in cases when the alternative mouse controls are enabled.
  • Fixed a bug which would place navigation points when a player tried to select all aircraft by click-dragging a selection box or when selecting them one by one.
  • Fixed a bug which overextended the viewing radius of aircraft in a Cyclone.
  • Fixed a bug which caused indications on the Minimap to be illegible when zooming in the Minimap.
  • Fixed a bug with the game interface resetting a player’s patch in the Profile to the default one following a relog.
  • Added festive decorations in the New York Port, dedicated to Saint Patrick's Day celebrations.

Dont get me wrong any fixes on behalf of those shitty carrier controls, or mercy-killing of them for that matter, is well deserved - but honestly nothing on the stuttering, drops and crashes?

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,817 posts
Vor 1 Minute, havaduck sagte:

but honestly nothing on the stuttering, drops and crashes?

I guess it means they haven't found the reason(s) for this issues...

• Cool 1

Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

The reason is EDIT. You can't correct it that easy. 

Edited by Kampa1987
Insults

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,852 battles

Last night was insane though .. fps fluctuated between 8 fps and 60 :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
35,510 battles
12 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Last night was insane though .. fps fluctuated between 8 fps and 60 :Smile_amazed:

same to me ^^ hope its get better now , need to see

[SHAFT]
Players
1,237 posts
25,116 battles
38 minutes ago, lup3s said:

And it wasn't just fps, the game was laggy and stuttering as F...K.
Haven't had such issues with previous patches except for the occasional disconnections.  It seems that more problems arise with newer patches. 

But on the other hand we can ignore all those "tiny" nuisances, such as insane stuttering and enjoy the St. Patrick's decorations.:cap_like:

[SOLO_]
Players
48 posts
20,691 battles

i have horrible stuttering even though my fps are above 75.

no matter if i use lowest or highest settings, after a few minutes it gets almost unplayable.

thought it was my cpu change which happened to be the same day we got the new patch, but now i think its the game itself, because my pc runs even the most hardware hungry games very good.

i have  amd fx8350, geforce 1060 3gb, 16 gb ram

[-BLAP]
Players
1 post
4,316 battles

It all started a couple of months ago, the game became very unstable and varies widely fps.Almost every DAY happens to me that game  snaps and report a fatal error. For these things to me becomes very difficult to play and very  straesfull. I do not know what you are doing WG but you're ruining something that worked very nicely. The Game  for add-ons in the visual effects are slowly becomes unplayful and very unstable.

It is very irritating to me I HAVE HARD TIME TO NOT USE SOME RUDE WORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players
58 posts
16,122 battles
7 hours ago, pera_33 said:

It is very irritating to me I HAVE HARD TIME TO NOT USE SOME RUDE WORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, i can understand your frustration. The worst is no official statement, or whatever.

Wasted many prem days i bought before patch about that.....

Seems like only community managers care about it (especially big thumbs up for Crysantos), but they can't fix the f...ed up coding :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,718 posts
17,708 battles

Yeah, the game really started to freeze, stutter, lag and I don't know what else lately. After a couple hours, it's basically unplayble for me, even getting into or out of binocular view freezes the game for a second or so.

Restarting the game does hep, but still. Really not happy about the trend.

[SCAD]
Weekend Tester
5 posts
13,406 battles
On 2018-03-11 at 2:20 AM, Toivia said:

Yeah, the game really started to freeze, stutter, lag and I don't know what else lately. After a couple hours, it's basically unplayble for me, even getting into or out of binocular view freezes the game for a second or so.

Restarting the game does hep, but still. Really not happy about the trend.

Got the same problem. After a few hours it starts stuttering until I restart. Memory leak?

[BDRO]
Players
82 posts
16,536 battles

He same problems the game froze for 1-3 seconds when starting and using binoculars. During the battle, massive drops of FPS make the game unplayable. This is happening to me with the new patch 0.7.2.1

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
15 hours ago, leo70 said:

He same problems the game froze for 1-3 seconds when starting and using binoculars. During the battle, massive drops of FPS make the game unplayable. This is happening to me with the new patch 0.7.2.1

I noticed this binocs freezing behavior before this patch as well, but that one seemed to be related to the amount of free RAM left on my system. Shutting down excess programs helped in that regard :)

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,602 posts
13,884 battles
6 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I noticed this binocs freezing behavior before this patch as well, but that one seemed to be related to the amount of free RAM left on my system. Shutting down excess programs helped in that regard :)

True in a capacity it temporarily fixes it but once wows maxes out the gpu ram that is considderable on my geforce 1080 it starts maxing out the underwhelming 32gb of ram i have and still gets down to approximately 15 frames per second. Wich is rather annoying. Since it is happening after some battles and manifests it self hard when smokescreens come into play i would doubt that it is an ui issue as stated alone. Also the rendering seems borked in general i had several instances of ships that rendered after the shells they fired hit my deck. So approximately 11 seconds. Wich costs me 11 seconds of time to aim a response at them and let them get away. Generally the rendering in of ships takes an eternity for the last two patches. 

Players
22 posts
4,659 battles

I don't know what as been broken but playing atm is impossible the lag spike and the drop of FPS is getting worst by the day, also what the hell you people have done to matchmaking ? or you get in a team of uni or of people that have done few battles in high tier fix the game since most of us have spend good money to support WG and buy overprice ships .

[NBS]
Beta Tester
259 posts
8,857 battles

We can all agree that optimizations are not that important to WG. 
Personaly I have to restart my PC after 2 hours of playing to get decent framerates again. And yes ... most of the time its smoke screens that fill up my GPU ram and never let it go after.

Players
195 posts
11,228 battles
Mr Conway said couple of hours ago 
If the FPS issue was not fixed for you in the micro patch, please send a ticket to our support team,
apparently fps fix was done in 7.2.2 yet my game lags like there are no tomorrow on 6fps

[BDRO]
Players
82 posts
16,536 battles

Micro patch  7.2.2 did not solve the FPS drop problem. The game is totally unpleyable.

Players
195 posts
11,228 battles

it got worse,Ipicked z23 for battle and when entered it was fletcher and total slideshow

on 6fps.

as i see not wanted posts do not see answers,WG policy on site.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,956 battles
On 3/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, _Relik said:

I don't know what as been broken but playing atm is impossible the lag spike and the drop of FPS is getting worst by the day, also what the hell you people have done to matchmaking ? or you get in a team of uni or of people that have done few battles in high tier fix the game since most of us have spend good money to support WG and buy overprice ships .

On 3/19/2018 at 10:44 PM, silence5 said:

We can all agree that optimizations are not that important to WG. 
Personaly I have to restart my PC after 2 hours of playing to get decent framerates again. And yes ... most of the time its smoke screens that fill up my GPU ram and never let it go after.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, Wobly_1 said:
Mr Conway said couple of hours ago 
If the FPS issue was not fixed for you in the micro patch, please send a ticket to our support team,
apparently fps fix was done in 7.2.2 yet my game lags like there are no tomorrow on 6fps

On 3/27/2018 at 9:30 PM, leo70 said:

Micro patch  7.2.2 did not solve the FPS drop problem. The game is totally unpleyable.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:29 AM, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

Still seems bad after 7.3 update

It is an absolute priority for us to make sure all these performance problems are dealt with, please contact our customer support team with a WG Check report (guide here) and let them know the exact issue you are experiencing. We will investigate and escalate the issues to our dev team for patching!

[PRT]
Players
178 posts
8,320 battles

Getting real tired of this. Game crashes more and more frequently. A week ago it used to crash just before battle started. Now it crashes in dthe midst of it, leaving my ship afk, and an easy target for the opposite team. Wont put another penny/ Euro into this game until its fixed. 

[BDRO]
Players
82 posts
16,536 battles

The same problems persist when I have 75 FPS  behaving like 6 FPS. It's awful, after all unsolved complaints, do nothing to solve these problems. No money for this game, so far ahead. We are treated without any respect after spending time and money on developing this game.