Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Okitank

Immersive view from the bridge

9 comments in this topic

Question

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,006 posts
7,605 battles

Hello!
I am wondering, since a lot of ships have their bridges modeled, is there any plan to create a camera inside the bridge of your ship? Maybe not behind the helm as it's not animated but still, this kind of view would be so epic during a battle, much more than a floating camera above the front turret I believe. 
What would be the main issue against this kind of camera?

Well, that was my two cents, thanks for reading. 

8 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,435 posts
6,608 battles

I am afraid this is not in the plans, not least because it would require the bridge interiors to be an all new and rather detailed model and they would bloat the client size considerably :( 

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,159 posts
4,685 battles

It could be more immersive but gameplay wise it would be rather inconvenient.

So I must say that I don't think too that it would ever be done by WG. A mod is still possible yet.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles

Most people are blind as it is, this would make general gameplay even worse

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,006 posts
7,605 battles

Why would the tomatoes be the reason we can't have good things? It would just be another layer of zoom. Honestly, who here uses the "above turret" camera for gameplay purpose? Same with the bridge, there will not be a lot of occasions to use it, but for people that like to admire models and feel like a captain in the beginning of battle, or when waiting for the turrets to rotate, it would be rather gorgeous. 

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

There is a designated thread on the forum for improvements like this, make a good post and explain your idea ... read the first post and then post your own.

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,006 posts
7,605 battles

Mmh, fine, seems like a good reason to me. Indeed, it seems kind of lowpoly inside the ships. Well as NoirLotus says, , maybe one modder will come with a replacement solution? 

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
On 5.3.2018 at 1:02 PM, Okitank said:

Hello!
I am wondering, since a lot of ships have their bridges modeled, is there any plan to create a camera inside the bridge of your ship? Maybe not behind the helm as it's not animated but still, this kind of view would be so epic during a battle, much more than a floating camera above the front turret I believe. 
What would be the main issue against this kind of camera?

Well, that was my two cents, thanks for reading. 

We are running a contest in the Newcomer and Q&A section so if you could do us the favor of choosing what you think is the best answer (not by a staff member) in this thread we would be eternally grateful :Smile_medal:

Sign in to follow this