Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sjelden

Game Center & download speeds

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
5 posts
382 battles

I have an issue downloading the game client. It takes forever.

I have a computer running both OS, the Game Center and the client installed on SSD's.

My internet connection is 150mbs, and I reliably get 100-150mbs to all major download hubs in Europe.

However, the World of Tanks/Warships takes forever to download.

I wanted to reinstall WoWS, and initiated the download yesterday, about 18 hours ago. It is less than 30 percent complete.

This is not an ISP / Internet Connection / Computer related issue.

A search on the internet revealed that the new Game Center was a known issue - that the previous option to disable torrenting has been removed, and I am now stuck with downloading the game client from other players instead of downloading it from a server hosted by Wargaming. If that is the case, then this is a greedy and shitty solution in my opinion. If you however DO have a server hosting the installation files, then move it out of the third world.

You cannot expect your customers to happily sit for days waiting for your game to download.

So my question is, past this rant, simply; how can I download your game client with acceptable speeds (at minimum 10mbit/s)?

7 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

So I guess you have already tried all the possible options in the gamecenter?

Disabling upload e.g.

26Z9eiw.png

What you could also do is revert to the original launcher, although this would require to reinstall the game

• Cool 1

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

Can you uninstall the Game center and install the old one, I know there was some issues in the beginning with this and then that worked for a couple of friends of mine that had similar issues

Players
5 posts
382 battles

Update: I downloaded the old launcher, and edited the config file to disable torrent.

I now get 30mbit/s and download the game client in a matter of minutes.

I fannot fathom what reasoning is behind a decision to force customers wait DAYS instead of MINUTES to use their product.

This seems like a decision made by corporate leaders that comprehend zero tech stuff.

• Cool 1

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

For most people the new game center have no issues so no reason to suspect foul play by non tech savy directors ... 

Would also like to remind you to chose a best answer in this thread :etc_red_button:

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
382 battles

Well, the old launcher stopped downloading after a while.

So I deleted that folder and gave the new launcher a second try. Now, 24 hours initial install, I am still unable to play. Currently, the Game Center is stuck on "Resuming Installation, please wait".

The Game Center has a feedback option. I clicked that.

Guess what - they require a different email to where they can respond.

That is just hillarious - they are not even trying to hide the fact they dont want feedback.

Some people only have one e-mail.

Well - guess someone else will be getting my money.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
On 5.3.2018 at 11:28 AM, Sjelden said:

I have an issue downloading the game client. It takes forever.

We are running a contest in the Newcomer and Q&A section so if you could do us the favor of choosing what you think is the best answer in this thread we would be eternally grateful :Smile_medal:

Sign in to follow this