Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ssh9721

Load time unreasonable

16 comments in this topic

[-S3I-]
Alpha Tester
10 posts
3,033 battles

Will result in nothing but again I am not able to enter the battle until after 5 minutes has lapsed, seeing myself getting killed...

Awesome, so tired of this, reinstall does not help, somethign oughta be done soon!!

Players
29 posts
5,321 battles

Many people including me have been experiencing a variety of issues since the new update, and indeed reinstalling doesn't help att all, best to just wait until they bring out a now patch to fix the issue.

530627322.png

Players
4,390 posts
12,087 battles

That's strange. I'm not experiencing that issue at all. In fact no issues other than my "patch" which I don't care for seems to be mixed up

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,898 battles

I usually have loading in issues on the first battle of the day, so I now no longer choose to drive a DD for that particular battle as a quick start is almost essential for those.

Since the last update (7.2), I get screen stutter on occasion, especially after playing the Hermes Operation - I have a fairly decent machine with 8GB (2x4) of graphics that ought to be able to cope with anything that the game chucks at me.

[S-L-C]
Beta Tester
205 posts
1,407 battles

Other than the screen stutter that worsens the longer the session goes on, I haven't noticed any other problems with 7.2. I do get some absurd stutter when scrolling through different menus in the Port but that's old news.

Hopefully we get a hotfix within the week.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,307 posts
11,665 battles
On 04/03/2018 at 8:49 PM, ssh9721 said:

Will result in nothing but again I am not able to enter the battle until after 5 minutes has lapsed, seeing myself getting killed...

Awesome, so tired of this, reinstall does not help, somethign oughta be done soon!!

Loading into the battle is a computer issue not with the client/installation or server.

It is about how fast your computer load the necessary data (map, ships, etc) for a given battle into the RAM

Having a faster PC, HDD, or bigger and faster RAM helps.

For the ultimate solution,  Try installing the game on an SSD.

In the mean time, you can close all other RAM consuming applications. Even the little ones to make loading times shorter.

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles
16 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Loading into the battle is a computer issue not with the client/installation or server.

It is about how fast your computer load the necessary data (map, ships, etc) for a given battle into the RAM

Having a faster PC, HDD, or bigger and faster RAM helps.

For the ultimate solution,  Try installing the game on an SSD.

In the mean time, you can close all other RAM consuming applications. Even the little ones to make loading times shorter.

while that is true, i think the cause might be a little deepper i myself find the game hanging loading into battle at least twice a day where i need to open task manager close wows and relaunch and when it come to machines mines a beast.

image.thumb.png.8c1d9110baba365a4146cafcdde6ccbc.png                                      and i got a 2x GTX1060's set up in a SLI crossfire and using 2 x crucial MX500 1tb SDD

explain why i am left hanging at least twice a day

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,307 posts
11,665 battles
6 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

while that is true, i think the cause might be a little deepper i myself find the game hanging loading into battle at least twice a day where i need to open task manager close wows and relaunch and when it come to machines mines a beast.

image.thumb.png.8c1d9110baba365a4146cafcdde6ccbc.png                                      and i got a 2x GTX1060's set up in a SLI crossfire and using 2 x crucial MX500 1tb SDD

explain why i am left hanging at least twice a day

Ok, from the first message you posted,

I understood that you are having a late loading problem you didnt mentioned a freezing problem like you did now :)

That changes the pointing fingers to the WG.

On sunday.. I crashed 4 times trying to load in a single battle..

I was alive in all of them.. game froze shut! and after I got killed.. I was able to load in to game without a problem :)

Late loading and freezing are totally different.. and I rest my case here..

I am with you in that problem.. feck you WG !

[BLITZ]
Players
2,844 posts
11,757 battles

Have you tried Advanced Firing Training and/or Main Battery Modification 3?

[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,868 battles

I had a memory leak issue with the 7.0 release on my old potato of a PC (it was top of the range gaming PC....6 years ago) and no matter what i did it would not allow me to load into the game in under 3/4 mins.

restarts didn't work nor did updating some config files, in the end i did a complete deletion, uninstall and reinstall of the game. 
That fixed it. 
if that doesn't work it time to raise a support ticket

[-S3I-]
Alpha Tester
10 posts
3,033 battles

Weel fo me I yet again had to reinstall, starting a battle takes longer than the game lasts, and then I reinstall and the issue is gone for some time, so I doubt a PC issue here

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles

Dude, I have a Phenom II with only 3 cores from 2011 (Actually the processor itself was manufactured in 2009, Deneb core) with 8 gb of ram and a SSD of 120 gb (which costed me 60€) The computer itself costed me 600€ back then (with monitor included). The game loads in 25 seconds or so.
Also I use two mechanical hdds in raid 0 (one of 500 gb and another one of 250 gb, yeah, totally away from the ideal raid setup but I found that one in the thrash so...) where I installed the test server version and loads in 40 seconds or so.

So, if your game takes longer to reload either defrag your hdd (for non ssds of course), or you have alot of thrash (programs working in background) OR you have a computer which is way shittier and older than mines.

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,464 posts
10,734 battles

Did you try to deactivate Windows Gamemode? This Mode causes a lot of Problems.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

My computer is way older than anyone else's and it works well enough.

I have had an increase in loading time before I get to the loading screen (the spinny icon in the middle spins, but I don't get to the pre-match map and lineup with the countdown), but even with that I still get into the match with a few to ~20 seconds left.

Sign in to follow this