Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Max_Hipshot

Native MacOS Please

12 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,396 battles

The game concept is riveting

The performance on a mac... there IS no performance. 2 to 3 Frames Per Second when things get busy (ships passing close by etc)

I am not going to spend real world cash on this game until there is a native version available.

The current version that has a windows 7 virtual machine as wrapper doesn't perform. Once in a game the FPS drops to near zero, the virtual machine does not recover, and even in port it.is.dead.slow.

I cannot imagine I am the first customer to request a native MacOS client. Is this at all on  your radar?

Thanks,

Leo

[YEEET]
Players
1,224 posts
12,041 battles

Gave up with my Mac and bought a gaming laptop - completely different game - can actually turn detail on and no lag.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,204 posts
14,969 battles

Uh, isn't there already a client for Mac? I thought they released that like 2 years ago or so.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,453 posts
9,485 battles
8 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

gaming laptop - completely different game - can actually turn detail on and no lag.

Why no proper PC, tho? It's not like gaming laptops were cheap.

[YEEET]
Players
1,224 posts
12,041 battles
1 hour ago, aboomination said:

Why no proper PC, tho? It's not like gaming laptops were cheap.

I bought the same type as my daughter - I still use my iMac for everything else so didn't want another desk top. I have a Asus ROG laptop which has bags of RAM and an SSD which means the game flies. I play this game a lot for relaxation so the money was not really an issue.

[YEEET]
Players
1,224 posts
12,041 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Uh, isn't there already a client for Mac? I thought they released that like 2 years ago or so.

It uses what is called a wine wrapper which means you use windows to all intents and purposes. It is not very good and neither is using windows on boot camp - tried that as well. You can play but it is slow and you lose features. Gives you an instant disadvantage.

• Cool 1

Players
4,909 posts
6,058 battles
5 hours ago, Max_Hipshot said:

The game concept is riveting

The performance on a mac... there IS no performance. 2 to 3 Frames Per Second when things get busy (ships passing close by etc)

It is horrendous. Only reason I put up with this performance is because it is better than nothing, but it's really bad. Also because I got a gaming PC at home, so every few months when I don't have to be abroad for work, I can actually play without the game looking like Minecraft and torpedoes warping through the water.

[GEUS]
Players
5 posts
4,617 battles
2 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

It uses what is called a wine wrapper which means you use windows to all intents and purposes. It is not very good and neither is using windows on boot camp - tried that as well. You can play but it is slow and you lose features. Gives you an instant disadvantage.

I play in a windows bootcamp partition. What features amni missing? I’m not aware of missing features.

[YEEET]
Players
1,224 posts
12,041 battles
12 minutes ago, Boldfella said:

I play in a windows bootcamp partition. What features amni missing? I’m not aware of missing features.

To tell you the truth, I cannot remember! Been some time since I used the Mac for this game but the F keys never did what I wanted - I do remember that the game improved immeasurably when I changed. It also loaded far quicker and my iMac is an i7 processor and lots of RAM. Tried on my MacBook Pro and that was just as bad. I think the video card was simply not up to the job. Would use a Mac for everything else though!! 

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
959 posts
12,388 battles

Im playing on a Bootcamp  partition too. Works perfectly well, got all setting maxed out and i get constant performance. Tried the OSX client too but it was waaay slower.

[GEUS]
Players
5 posts
4,617 battles
8 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

To tell you the truth, I cannot remember! Been some time since I used the Mac for this game but the F keys never did what I wanted - I do remember that the game improved immeasurably when I changed. It also loaded far quicker and my iMac is an i7 processor and lots of RAM. Tried on my MacBook Pro and that was just as bad. I think the video card was simply not up to the job. Would use a Mac for everything else though!! 

You are right about the F-keys :-) A lot of times i forget to press the fn key first and instead of changing the volume i find myself spamming the chat.

Sign in to follow this