You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Realazio

Premium Ships

6 comments in this topic

Question

[TEARS]
Players
38 posts
7,636 battles

Hello, wanted to ask whats happening with premium ships? Most of them are removed from ingame trees and from the shop. Wanted to buy a couple of T5-T7 premium ships but seems like no. Whats the reason behind it and how i am supposed to get/buy now all those ships that got removed? Glad i got the Giulio Cesare, wanted to try a couple of premiums but seems like WG dont want money.

5 answers to this question

Players
277 posts

Most likely caused by WG admitting, that some premium ships were made for the sole purpose of being a collection item and not necessarly competitive as a captain training - credit earning platform worth your investment. Brobably due a shift in managment. They gathered enough metric data to identify overperforming premiums and totaly unerperforming ones, so they removed them. As far as WG monetization policy goes, they won't be unacquirable forever. They'll reintroduce them in the cash shop with aditional goodies sometime durning the years to come. As for rebalancing premium underperformers - so far a sloppy job if you consider tanks in WoT.

So you are better of to buy into desperate powercreep like Chrysler K in WoT. Sadly there is no externall database hawing all premium ship in circulation - the armour profile, layout and all other stats to base your judgement on if you haw the know-how. So you relly solely on fan made sites gathering data by API for statistics and dig around in forums and youtube etc, to get a estimation of what owerperforms in good hands.

For your consideration @Realazio

Spoiler

We haw a competition running from February 3rd till May 2nd and it would really be helpfull if you would choose and mark one post as the best answer.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,289 posts
7,486 battles
1 hour ago, Realazio said:

Hello, wanted to ask whats happening with premium ships? Most of them are removed from ingame trees and from the shop. Wanted to buy a couple of T5-T7 premium ships but seems like no. Whats the reason behind it and how i am supposed to get/buy now all those ships that got removed? Glad i got the Giulio Cesare, wanted to try a couple of premiums but seems like WG dont want money.

Some ships are removed from the tech tree, but they are still sold in the online shop.

It's a way at the same time to remove discretly some ships that are too good (like Giulio Cesare), and also to force people who bought doubloons to buy ships with money instead of the doubloons  they already own.

But let's be honest, there was also way too much premiums ships in the tech tree : you could almost get a full line of premiums in some nations (USN BBs or RU cruisers). And other nations, some were overlapping : there were 3 UK premium BBs at T7. If you compare with WoT, the techtree is not full of premium tanks, you usually have a maximum of half a dozen premiums for the tanks of each nation. In Wows, you could have almost the double, and there is way less ships than tanks.

Players
636 posts
8,871 battles

Most of them will at one point be back for a short periode, having to many at any given time for sale draws attention away from whatever ships are supposed to sell right now ... so just be patient!

Players
636 posts
8,871 battles
On 4.3.2018 at 4:23 PM, Realazio said:

We are running a contest in the Newcomer and Q&A section so if you could do us the favor of choosing what you think is the best answer in this thread we would be eternally grateful :Smile_medal: