You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

operation Hermes needs rebalance

36 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

This operation needs some rebalance asap.

Please remove all non essential bots on the green team, leave only the bb.

that operation with those bots it's like rush hour.

too many ships on the green team

7 plus 1 is more than sufficient.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
20 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

the operation is really easy indeed

It's quite frustrating.

there's too many ships

Players
1,318 posts
20,088 battles

The 2 bot BBs were added so even a MM comprised of only cruisers could achieve the five stars. One of the additional tasks is for 3 BBs to survive, thus the extra Gascogne and the other one apart from Ruan/Richelieu. And yes, the operation is easy to do compared to Newport, Raptor Rescue or The Ultimate Frontier when tried even for the first or second time, although the first try may not end with all goals completed.

Salute.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
43 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

The 2 bot BBs were added so even a MM comprised of only cruisers could achieve the five stars. One of the additional tasks is for 3 BBs to survive, thus the extra Gascogne and the other one apart from Ruan/Richelieu. And yes, the operation is easy to do compared to Newport, Raptor Rescue or The Ultimate Frontier when tried even for the first or second time, although the first try may not end with all goals completed.

Salute.

In the last frontier bbs and the rest start in different locations with different goals.

but in this one there is a bunch of ships in the same place cramping, bogging each other down.

I'm not sure but I think there's more than that I often see Bots Algerie, Gabriel and Leo.

There's too many of us.

And with those useless  203 mm guns I simply cannot compete against those [edited]atlantas.

If only it was possible to bring my t6 cruisers or at least my shchors or gneisenau.

I only hope that will chance once this operation enters the rotation.

Players
1,318 posts
20,088 battles

Well, I've just done it with Fiji, five stars although struggling against all the bow-on ships, and completed it 4 out of 5 times with Lyon also with five stars. About doing better or worse depending on the ship, I agree: Atlantas are too well suited for this operation. Now that you mentioned it, yes, it seems that the other friendly bot spawn is a couple of Algeries. I suspect that the bots are adjusted to MM too: when the BBs appeared it was because none of us had a T8 French battleship, but in the last two, where at least one human Richelieu was present, they were changed to cruisers.

Salute.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

5 stars, I've had a couple of those myself.

My best game so far 105k, all the rest it's inferior to that.

the bots are on drugs, in some games, the ship I'm targeting it's being focus by 3 Atlantas and I'm stuck with a 11 seconds reload guns. So sinking a dd it's mission impossible in those 2 or 3 Atlantas games.

Just rushed a Bayern, well, at the end was not worthy of the small effort because that BB didn't shoot me back and was being focused so was not a pinata.

How in the hell 4 bbs and 2 dds vanish so fast?

the operation, the waves, the weather ,the poor visibility are awesome. but the rest... hem.

guess they spent a lot of the time in that

Oh, I tried to sink the green bots myself, no joy.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,720 battles

The 2 bots, Leo and Gabriel, are cruisers when the team has enough BBs, or BBs when the team has not enough BBs.

Players
3,437 posts
17,233 battles

Another issue is the limited selection of ships available to most players.

Most people don't have tier 8 French Battleships yet, and if you don't have any Premium cruisers at tier 7 you pick from Pensacola (Very high skill ceiling), Algerie ( not so high skill ceiling - but there) and Fiji (absolutely brilliant performer, fantastic ship - but never got attached to it).

Beta Tester
110 posts
3,805 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Another issue is the limited selection of ships available to most players.

Most people don't have tier 8 French Battleships yet, and if you don't have any Premium cruisers at tier 7 you pick from Pensacola (Very high skill ceiling), Algerie ( not so high skill ceiling - but there) and Fiji (absolutely brilliant performer, fantastic ship - but never got attached to it).

I believe they limited it to keep a certain "historical feeling". After all it is a french navy convoy that is getting attacked by the german kriegsmarine, so adding german, russian or japanese ships as playerships might be a bit awkward. What i dont understand is, why they decided to not include british and american bbs. The cruisers of these nations are included, so why not the BBs? It would give more players the chance to play the operation while not braking the historical focus...

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,860 battles

We tried this as a 7 man division last night but had to swap out a couple of players because they did not have ships that met the requirements.

I understand the concept of why there are select nations only, but in game terms it doesn't really work.

• Cool 1

[-SAB-]
Players
94 posts
3,538 battles

The mission is indeed pretty damn easy and the Bot BBs add flavor to it.

It’s not as easy however to get 5 stars on it as in other missions like Aegis for example.

In fact i got flamed by a few players when i got myself killed in the very end of the Mission in my Lyon. I was trying to catch a few torps for the 5ths star so Ruan (should it not be «Rouen», the French City??) would stay above 50%, or not die, making us lose the mission

Had they shot the DDs instead of the cruisers, torps would never have happened, but hey...

and then when i died, i was the critical 3rd BB and we did not get that achievement, for which i got blamed of course... « why do you go broadside into torps, we will reportyou as a poor player » and such.

Before i could explain it, mission ended.

All in all, i love the mission however (can’t blame it for the players that have no clue how to beat it), i was lucky to get the Richelieu and the Lyon and it’s really fluffy to play. The best part is of course when the 4 german BBs turn up, the combined Crème of the Kriegsmarine trying to stop you is so cool. I would have preferred if they attack you in the very end instead of the Carrier, but still it’s awesome.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
4 hours ago, Bademeister02 said:

I believe they limited it to keep a certain "historical feeling". After all it is a french navy convoy that is getting attacked by the german kriegsmarine, so adding german, russian or japanese ships as playerships might be a bit awkward. What i dont understand is, why they decided to not include british and american bbs. The cruisers of these nations are included, so why not the BBs? It would give more players the chance to play the operation while not braking the historical focus...

Fine, so let Degrasse, and Lagal go in there.

Players
234 posts
1,189 battles

If they're so pent up on "historical feeling", then why can you play as allies in Ultimate Frontier?

But no, they have to cheat players out of getting a smallish amount of doubloons because of it with this operation.

As a casual IJN player, I have to start grinding any of the accepted ship lines all the way from tier 3 up just to do this one operation (or buy a premium).

Weekend Tester
859 posts
10,127 battles

Slight thread drift:

Are there no further rewards, once you've had the first 5-star win?

I've had several 4- and 5-star wins now, but no containers, flags, cammos or credits for any of them - just the containers for the first win.

Players
3,437 posts
17,233 battles
23 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

Are there no further rewards, once you've had the first 5-star win?

No more rewards, sorry.

However you do get much better rewards in XP, silver etc than for a "regular" coop win don't forget.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,678 posts
44,884 battles

it is a easy misson maybe not 5 stars but I have played 5 times and all at least 3 stars (then 1 BB AFK) rest 4 or 5. Playerrs seem decent in their knowledge or maybe that it is so straightforward - no need for a solo run to take care of a spawn far away in a corner or so.

Good to grind French BBs in ,  I play with Lyon (4 games) , but have tried one i Atlanta too. It is the CV-kill or that the Bot BB takes too much dmg that has eluded 5 stars when we have missed.

And it is decent XP when you win and shooting down planes.

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
3 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

If they're so pent up on "historical feeling", then why can you play as allies in Ultimate Frontier?

But no, they have to cheat players out of getting a smallish amount of doubloons because of it with this operation.

As a casual IJN player, I have to start grinding any of the accepted ship lines all the way from tier 3 up just to do this one operation (or buy a premium).

I used the tier 6 French cruiser I was gifted from the Duke of York campaign. I thought the doubloon rewards were also a bit smallish. I ended up using it for a couple days of premium.

And even though I understand you not wanting to play ships you don't like playing, this isn't unique. I missed out on that French campaign partially due to needing torp hits...and guess which classes I don't play much anymore :Smile_teethhappy:

[-AS-]
Players
733 posts
21 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

It's quite frustrating.

there's too many ships

It's called a fleet!

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
21 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

It's called a fleet!

You wish, and besides even a fleet or better yet, a convoy have problems when they deploy like that. And a bunch of individuals don't make an army.

4 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Man, you are a casual IJN Player and you are complaining.

I've got every cruiser line but the british  t6, and t7 is missing a ship to be like the previous tier, but at this mission I can only bring two of my ships.

And I'm complaining the same thing as you.

Lack of choices.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I used the tier 6 French cruiser I was gifted from the Duke of York campaign. I thought the doubloon rewards were also a bit smallish. I ended up using it for a couple days of premium.

And even though I understand you not wanting to play ships you don't like playing, this isn't unique. I missed out on that French campaign partially due to needing torp hits...and guess which classes I don't play much anymore :Smile_teethhappy:

Don't remind me of that 25 torps mission.:cap_fainting:

[SCRUB]
Players
508 posts
8,055 battles

Those Aerodrome AI planes are also way too weak.
One Atlanta with just BFT, and AA module can brutalize an entire wave w/o any support.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 minute ago, Infiriel said:

Those Aerodrome AI planes are also way too weak.
One Atlanta with just BFT, and AA module can brutalize an entire wave w/o any support.

Good, because then they may leave some dds for the rest of us.:Smile_teethhappy:

But, today in a game my Algerie shoot down 21 planes, just only with the consumable and fighter plane.

And I manage to do this, don't ask me how.

Spoiler

TURD.thumb.png.c3ce6652a29b11096a59eb1327a0efaa.png

p.s.- Still a Turd

Beta Tester
430 posts
5,093 battles

Aerodrome planes are weak indeed, but still every now and then 1-2 super confused players without minimaps get sunk by them after getting lost and loosing vision to the rest of the team.

shot-18_03.02_17_19.45-0311.thumb.jpg.1f900ee545b83986cd80800841b7dfa8.jpg

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
35,510 battles

Its not so bad OP , but most of players start die at first waves , when these pesky dds just torp them :P