Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Senlac

BB's that wander off

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SFTAC]
Players
10 posts
3,901 battles

Why do so many BB players cruise to the opposite side of the map that they spawn on? I don't understand it.

 

I request politely that they support the attack on their side of the map, only to be ignored. No response, nothing. Then they invariably die without contributing anything.

 

It's bad enough when I play as a BB but when playing with DD's and cruisers it's even worse, as the other side always seems to evenly distribute its BB's.

 

It makes me boil with anger! More so when they say nothing on chat, even if called out several times.

 

I know this post won't solve anything, but it makes me feel better for typing it.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,600 posts
20,739 battles

Typical BB behavior. Nothing we can do about it.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,247 posts
22,778 battles

You think thats bad, in a game tonight i was in my Fiji, we attacked A with 2 DD’s that ran to B as soon as enemy turned up and the Tirptz ran for the border, whe he got there he even fired off his torps 18k from the nearest enemy??, now that takes the biscuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
203 posts
4,569 battles

Oh well had a conquorer in one battle that went behind an island the furthest away from the action as possible, firing his guns at steady intervals resulting in harmless spalshes several kilometers from the enemy as he was nowhere near being in range - and that takes some doing in a BB... Sommetimes I think it's a requirement to be a BB main that you have an aimless, wandering brain... Still you see plenty of derpy behaviour for all classes of ships, just seems - to me - that its most consistent with BBs.

 

And for those that actually play BBs in a way that contributes and supports the win, thank you, just wish  there where more of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
2 hours ago, Senlac said:

Why do so many BB players cruise to the opposite side of the map that they spawn on? I don't understand it.

 

I request politely that they support the attack on their side of the map, only to be ignored. No response, nothing. Then they invariably die without contributing anything.

 

It's bad enough when I play as a BB but when playing with DD's and cruisers it's even worse, as the other side always seems to evenly distribute its BB's.

 

It makes me boil with anger! More so when they say nothing on chat, even if called out several times.

 

I know this post won't solve anything, but it makes me feel better for typing it.

 

Of all countless examples I've got to share of similar behaviours, one  comes into mine.

I was sunk, our team lost...big, the battle was unwinnable, we only had 3 ships left, the last one was a full health Bismark , not Tirpitz, a Bismark that spent his last minutes running didn't even shoot once, just run.

WTF?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,439 posts
21,919 battles
On 3/3/2018 at 7:01 PM, Senlac said:

Why do so many BB players cruise to the opposite side of the map that they spawn on? I don't understand it.

 

The main reason is, that people playing only BBs are required to EDIT when playing WoWs. Due to all the HE fired at them, it might otherwise overheat and deliver them a fatal stroke.

The danger for players who play different classes aren't as big, as most of them are not shot at with HE only, but also with AP.

Edited by Kampa1987
Insult
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
910 posts
10,069 battles
2 hours ago, Senlac said:

Why do so many BB players cruise to the opposite side of the map that they spawn on? I don't understand it.

 

I request politely that they support the attack on their side of the map, only to be ignored. No response, nothing. Then they invariably die without contributing anything.

 

I feel your pain. I'm pretty sure I would need to read a book if I played the way they do. I think that there are a lot of BB players with very low point captains that have no idea how to mitigate fires and who as a result wander about the map edge trying to avoid HE spam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,012 posts

I usually don`t look up other players stats. But recent games made me wonder, so I checked a few players after my games.

All of them were BB players and none had over 45% wins. Lowest one had 39%.

Had the pleasure of supporting an Iowa today who sailed permant broadside to an Al`s arse.

The Al had 50% health, Iowa full health. I killed the Al, Iowa didn`t dent him with main guns.

This not just me pointing fingers at BB players. This is a playerbase problem. And u might say it`s a WG problem.

There is absolutely no skill required to progress the lines. Anyone can also buy any tiered premship they want.

And as the playerbase increase, this problem will get bigger.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,256 battles
42 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

You think thats bad, in a game tonight i was in my Fiji, we attacked A with 2 DD’s that ran to B as soon as enemy turned up and the Tirptz ran for the border, whe he got there he even fired off his torps 18k from the nearest enemy??, now that takes the biscuit.

A Tirpitz launching torps from 15+ km is unfortunatly nothing new, now a Yamato with the gun range module, now that is just sad (had one in my last shima game, asked him why he is so far back, answer was "because i have the range you noob")  :Smile_bajan2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,012 posts
2 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

A Tirpitz launching torps from 15+ km is unfortunatly nothing new, now a Yamato with the gun range module, now that is just sad (had one in my last shima game, asked him why he is so far back, answer was "because i have the range you noob")  :Smile_bajan2:

Oooh. That one made my head hurt. Sitting here with the Richelieu and not bothering with the upgraded fire controll since 23km is overkill and I don`t need it to go to 25km.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
306 posts
5,559 battles

Most BB players are EDIT. Ain't nothing fun about being in a cruiser or destroyer and everyone lemming trains away from the caps to the border.

Edited by Kampa1987
Insult
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
430 posts
5,146 battles

It's the most popular, easiest class that attracts masses that have no intention to learn the game. They have tried cruisers and dd's at first, failing horribly and getting instant deleted, but with BB they have armor, HP and range and WG does nothing to encourage or teach the proper way to win games.

 

also this

battleships.png.e148c6efea0460c4a5c3398231d9e4b7.png

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUX]
Players
37 posts
5,047 battles

Today while I was playing with Lyon there was a Gneisenau in enemy team which appeared on a really weird out of game position behind some small islands, when we started to get a huge lead on numbers, destroying every ship close to his position he disappeared and we didn't see him again until the last minute of our game, one of our dds was even trying to find him around in his last spotted position at some point because he became the last standing enemy but our dd gave up, then we were half way through the flag cap waiting for game to end, this gneisenau appeared in the opposite corner from his last seen position on the map with full health and the reason he got spotted is he started shooting HEs at me from 20kms range. Hilarious.

 

This game desperately needs a tutorial teaching you about HE/AP mechanics, Ship roles and map positions. when you start playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Some players have utterly no idea in this or WoT.

 

Very simple way of doing ok is TO ROLL WITH YOUR TEAM.

 

Even a lemming train is better than going solo and arguably a train to a central cap or location is entirely sensible...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SFTAC]
Players
10 posts
3,901 battles
11 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Some players have utterly no idea in this or WoT.

 

Very simple way of doing ok is TO ROLL WITH YOUR TEAM.

 

Even a lemming train is better than going solo and arguably a train to a central cap or location is entirely sensible...

This is true, but I always feel obliged to support the few ships who are trying to do the right thing...

 

This type of behaviour from BB's hurts more when you're on a losing streak like I am at the moment!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,314 posts
11,742 battles

There is something I am meaning to ask about braindead BB captains..

Why the majority of them sailing in derpitz and bismarks???

 

The rate of the window lickers in Japanese BBs are much less.. and even much much less in US BBs..

 

RN BBs.. thats another topic anyway... because of the MAH! POWERFULL! HE!

 

and I am really afraid what it will gonna be like when the russian BBs presented

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
182 posts
3,092 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

There is something I am meaning to ask about braindead BB captains..

Why the majority of them sailing in derpitz and bismarks???

 

Because they can buy Tirpitz and Bismarck was given as a reward in a mission. No need to grind up the line and maybe learn something on the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,314 posts
11,742 battles
6 minutes ago, Naesil said:

Because they can buy Tirpitz and Bismarck was given as a reward in a mission. No need to grind up the line and maybe learn something on the way.

Who needs to learn something before doing it!

dont be ridiculous...

 

There is a "Balance department" in WG which contradicts to your argument in a corporate level..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
182 posts
3,092 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Who needs to learn something before doing it!

dont be ridiculous...

 

There is a "Balance department" in WG which contradicts to your argument in a corporate level..

 

Oh yes! Sorry I forgot that it shouldn't matter how bad or good you are, you should have same change for being successful..

 

Sorry for trying to imply that player skill should matter in the outcome of the battles :Smile_sad:

Not going to happen anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,909 battles

I think I had my Tirpitz for about a year before I drove her....

 

Having all that has been said previously about BB drivers, which we have come to generally expect, my main irritation are DD drivers who do not seem to understand the labels 'scout' and 'Cap' that are attached to almost all of those ships in all situations, and all of those ships in some situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,314 posts
11,742 battles
13 minutes ago, philjd said:

I think I had my Tirpitz for about a year before I drove her....

 

Having all that has been said previously about BB drivers, which we have come to generally expect, my main irritation are DD drivers who do not seem to understand the labels 'scout' and 'Cap' that are attached to almost all of those ships in all situations, and all of those ships in some situations.

You know that the main cause of death in dd captains ia rushing or being forced to rush in a cap blindly at the start.. especially in high tier battles..

 

I myself actually dont go in caps before seing which one is capped, how fast and where the radar ships are. 

 

There is no point dying to prevent enemy team gaining points for a minute or two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,909 battles
Just now, Excavatus said:

You know that the main cause of death in dd captains ia rushing or being forced to rush in a cap blindly at the start.. especially in high tier battles..

 

I myself actually dont go in caps before seing which one is capped, how fast and where the radar ships are. 

 

There is no point dying to prevent enemy team gaining points for a minute or two

Yes, I am aware of that, no one is expected to switch their eyes balls and brains off, but refusing to or ignoring when the opportunity presents itself, or just plain ignoring, is a very different question. And if a cap is to be contested it is best to have some support etc etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
On 3.3.2018 at 10:00 PM, Captain_Strawberry said:

Most BB players are f*uckin' cowards. Ain't nothing fun about being in a cruiser or destroyer and everyone lemming trains away from the caps to the border.

 

Yes, how dare these XP piniatas to run away from us while we hide behinde islands/inside smoke so we can set them ablaze without getting hit. Damn those pirates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
182 posts
3,092 battles

And you know what has driven those cruisers behind islands and spamming HE? BBs blapping them in one volley when open seas, and BBs bouncing every AP shell they shoot at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×