You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PhoenixFire18

At what tier do RN BBs begin firing HE

9 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
1,823 battles

So im interested in going down the British BB line, but i have a question. At what tier in the tree do they become HE spammers? is it right from the start or do they change halfway?

Players
1,321 posts
20,183 battles

The question should be more like "at what tier do they stop spamming HE?". Answer: it depends a lot on the player, but there seems to be a gap for no spam at Queen Elizabeth (tier 6).

Salute.

P.S.: Well, AmazingBeaver answered pretty much the same before me.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles

They change back and forth, depending on targets as well.

Whetever you do, fire AP exclusively with the Monarch tho, i see so many spamming its trash HE. Go for normal pens(not waterline) for lol damage against all BBs and just delete any cruiser with citadels. I play tier10 only or grinds to tier10, but the Monarch? I just couldnt sell it, it was so much fun.

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

No idea about tier 3, at tier 4 both are fine but HE is probably better, tier 5 is probably full-on HE, from tier 6 up I preferred the AP.

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,183 battles

They don’t.

basicly of at any point in any ship you start firing only one type of ammo. You are doing it wrong and not getting the best out of the ships.

yes the U.K. HE is above average but it’s no super ammo and if you just spam HE anyone who knows what there doing will wreck you. 

As as with any ship it’s use the right ammo at the right time. 

WoWs Wiki Team, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

Sometimes you can delete cruisers with AP, or make a good number of cits from broadside BBs, learning where and when to change ammo is a strong OP skill. Long range HE its a good choice almost in all of them, but mid and close range, just need map awareness and target cons and pros to come with an answer.