Sargento_YO

Carrier UI bugs with video - Manual target selection and plane reports.

7 comments in this topic

Players
1,423 posts
8,825 battles

There are two bugs which are annoying me ALOT. Seems each version brings a new bug in the UI. I decided to record it for better understandment. It's just a regular fight with my Kaga.

On this version (0.7.2): When I select a target for the carrier's guns to attack (both AA and ground targets) very often the autopilot it's engaged to go towards that place at the same time. On this video happens very often, but you can skip to mins 2:23 - 7:26 - 7:53.

On min 10:28 right before being sunk I chosed an enemy cruiser to attack and the same bug happened.

Another bug which happens from the previous version and STILL happens it's that suddently planes would stop giving reports at all. This seems to happen quite randomly but quite often. When this happens I need to close the game and reload it again because if I enter into another battle with a carrier the planes wouldn't report anything at all. On this video happens from min 3:39.

So, anyone else has these problems?

Note: as shown in min 12:44 Alternative mouse controls are off.

Players
1,423 posts
8,825 battles
40 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Use Alternative Mouse Controls then :P

They are better and I didn't see any bugs like this yet.

The problem is that I have been playing with this setup since the very beggining of the game. And they re ok for me (except for those bugs).

Players
38 posts
8,185 battles
16 godzin temu, Sargento_YO napisał:

There are two bugs which are annoying me ALOT. Seems each version brings a new bug in the UI. I decided to record it for better understandment. It's just a regular fight with my Kaga.

On this version (0.7.2): When I select a target for the carrier's guns to attack (both AA and ground targets) very often the autopilot it's engaged to go towards that place at the same time. On this video happens very often, but you can skip to mins 2:23 - 7:26 - 7:53.

On min 10:28 right before being sunk I chosed an enemy cruiser to attack and the same bug happened.

Another bug which happens from the previous version and STILL happens it's that suddently planes would stop giving reports at all. This seems to happen quite randomly but quite often. When this happens I need to close the game and reload it again because if I enter into another battle with a carrier the planes wouldn't report anything at all. On this video happens from min 3:39.

So, anyone else has these problems?

Note: as shown in min 12:44 Alternative mouse controls are off.

I have exactly same problems plus some more. Planes got muted few times before this pach for me, but it was not a big problem. Just reloged and problem was gone and didnt happen again since week or so i think. But misscontrolling is a big problem and makes cv unplayable for me (changing selected groups randomly or not executing commands or even no ability to give them since my left mouse button buggs after playing few min and dont work at all even in game menu in battle. Starts working after match ends in port lol, after hitting esc cause there is no other way to leave score menu)

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
176 posts
16,982 battles

@Sargento_YO

Still switch to Alt mouse Control. even if it need doem getting use to. You will have a lot less UI lag and since it is more RTS style it is more intuative.

I switched when it came out, not becouse i wanted but the UI lag diffrance.

Above that reacently i relearnd my keybindings couse as @farazelleth sugested make Plane squad 1 also #1. enz, and bind your CV to something like "G".

This was a tour, but in the end (especialy with 9 squad haka) it really helps.

Only problme Audio doesnt change with it ("sqaud 3 is under attack".... no that is squad 3 audio dude!)

Also i play without  "animate small opject" this makes the UI lag even less, but more inportand the "icon" doesnt move all over the place.

The hard part is that there is no VISUAL or AUDIO que for strafes, and DFAA. (for enemy strafes i can only see the intial start of teh strafe, that dip they make. if i missed it, there strafe is invasable for me).

so switch to AmC but the rest is persenal preferance.

Players
1,423 posts
8,825 battles

When I switched to Taiho I tried to change the carrier keybinding because it was dificult to me to press Shift-8 (and Hakuryu with Shift-9) switching it to the button at the left of the 1 (in my keyboard: º ) But muscle memory keep making me mistakes, chosing a the fighter squad instead of the carrier (1) and so on. So I gave up on that.

I might try the alt mouse control, but seriously, I shouldn't. Nothing was changed on the carrier UI as far as I know, why the heck the bug was introduced in first place? Also, I don't know what else to do. There are bugs from a YEAR ago (the one where when you do an automatic torpedo attack the planes flat out ignore the angle I gave them) this happens much less often nowadays, but still happens from time to time.

Players
49 posts
8,994 battles

Can happen.    its just a cv thats all :)      When i see that youtube vid it feels like watching a game into a other game.