Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G4tt4B0

Banned by complaints after three games, not a single message sent

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OLEUM]
Players
60 posts
21,069 battles

Hi,

I just realized I am banned from sending messages in game because of "banned by complaints". Played 3 games this afternoon, (Z-23, 2x Gadja Mada), played average 2x, being top by far in one game  (6kills). Haven't sent a single message in either game. Fourth game I wanted to ask team to kill static Fubuki but couldn't as being banned since 14:40. Absolutely no clue why am I banned and *edited* reported me for nothing. Haven't cause single friendly HP dmg either. Nothing was happening in chat either. There should at least be a logic that you can't receive a complaint for misbehavior in chat when you don't chat at all. Anyway, not end of the world but frustrating when you need to tell team sth and you can't. I understand that when you go mad in chat, it is worth the ban and deserved but for nothing??!!!! It shouldn't be allowed just because somebody think it is cool or whatever reason that *edited* had.

:-(

 

 

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,727 posts
10,678 battles

Play too good -> get reported.

 

 

Yesterday I was reported while playing Montana, today while playing Yamato. Not a single word from me in chat. Some people just don't like it when you touch them into special spot with big guns :Smile_trollface:

 

In other words, there will always be geniuses who report you for no other reason than outplaying them. It's stupid that this report system can be abused in such way, but you just have to live with it.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

Maybe the problem was not today but the looked at your log and decided to give the ban now.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

I never got chat banned without me deserving it :cap_hmm: Maybe you played like crap :cap_hmm:

Anyway, 24h go by fast. No need to create a forum thread.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,030 posts
20,093 battles
3 minutes ago, aboomination said:

I never got chat banned without me deserving it :cap_hmm: Maybe you played like crap :cap_hmm:

Anyway, 24h go by fast. No need to create a forum thread.

 

Yeah but he not banned from whining here.... maybe it was whining that got him chat ban in 1st place?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,826 posts
20,091 battles

Well, the report/ chat ban system is broken in this game as it allows you to get reported for anything. 

I got reported and chat banned in  my very first game today, and all i did was telling my team that the enemy team did it right and supported their only DD.

 

Anyways, after your 100th chat ban, you'll get used to it...just like i did get used to it. ^^

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

If it makes you feel better I've been reported four times after this.

 

b5s2Gaz.jpg

 

It's just the usual playerbase we have.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,826 posts
20,091 battles
1 hour ago, We_Just_Dinged_Em said:

I'm barely average at this game, althought Ive noticed the biggest whiners in chat frequently come near the bottom of the score sheet....

Being at the bottom of the scoreboard isn't a good indicator of player skill - in one game, it also depends on the class.

 

Being sunk by the enemy team while sailing a DD can mean that the cruisers and BBs on your team are crap and didn't support, which makes every complaint valid, no matter how harsh it was presented.

On the other hand, playing for 20 minutes and still being at the bottom in any class, means the player is a UBI and all his complaints were verbal garbage.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

And you forgot the report pack from divs when they are killed by someone who show more skill. The usual thing.

 

Since a few months i just use the good behaviour or good player thing and just report when someone do a TK and I saw what happened. Otherwise flood with reports spoils my game session of fun, and is nice to have fun even losing, not looking for someone to blame each loss i suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
49 posts
1,865 battles
12 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Being at the bottom of the scoreboard isn't a good indicator of player skill - in one game, it also depends on the class.

 

Being sunk by the enemy team while sailing a DD can mean that the cruisers and BBs on your team are crap and didn't support, which makes every complaint valid, no matter how harsh it was presented.

On the other hand, playing for 20 minutes and still being at the bottom in any class, means the player is a UBI and all his complaints were verbal garbage.

 

It's normally the top tier BB who spent all game 'sniping' or a cruiser who yolo'd into Cap B at the start of the game and was focused by 10 enemy ships.

 

The amount of bobs who think I'll come into cap with them in my paper cruiser to 'support' is beyond retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,140 posts
11,202 battles

Reported by a whole division because I set fire to one of them a few times....
With a Zao.

They also apparently convinced at least one more person I torched to report me, making it a nice -4 in a match.


lel

Zao fire hax stronk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles
37 minutes ago, HariSeldon said:

And you forgot the report pack from divs when they are killed by someone who show more skill. The usual thing.

 

I noticed this A Lot at tiers 6-7, somehow people expect everyone to stupidly push broadside, and when you dont, and just continue to farm damage whilst they wait for you to be a stupid idiot. They start raging and calling you noob, because you dont suicide to them... Same with people who go to a flank and ignorantly flame the other flank with no awareness of what is going on.

 

People blame their own lack of skill/initiative on... enemies thats way better than them, and allies fighting elsewhere.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,893 battles

I think it's too funny that people seem to get chat banned for nothing, while me, always given tons of salt to my teammates whenever things get tough, never got chatbanned at all. Not once... probably I'm not playing good enough to deserve a chatban  :cap_haloween:

 

Guess I might probably get one these days, though, as today I titulated someone as having a not so nice historical political standpoint, which lead to that guy shooting at my BB with his St.Louis. Of course I didn't repair the damage, so after a while his selfdestruction started and - after he had a short engagement with an enemy - he continued to shoot at me and then went boom.

The battle ended with a win and me having two kills and surviving... and the St.Louis at the end on the list...

Nonetheless I guess I might get a chatban for that... :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T_D_G]
Players
389 posts
9,642 battles
6 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

Play too good -> get reported.

 

 

Yesterday I was reported while playing Montana, today while playing Yamato. Not a single word from me in chat. Some people just don't like it when you touch them into special spot with big guns :Smile_trollface:

 

In other words, there will always be geniuses who report you for no other reason than outplaying them. It's stupid that this report system can be abused in such way, but you just have to live with it.

I use all my 11 reports on players that play bad: like a gneisenau shooting HE the whole game. I have plenty of situations where I spend my reports. The compliments go for the best players or players i think did great/amazing from both teams.

I find stupid to report a player that did great in a battle, it seems to be envy of some sort...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,727 posts
10,678 battles
1 hour ago, B010011A said:

 

I find stupid to report a player that did great in a battle, it seems to be envy of some sort...

 

Well, stupid things happen a lot in this game. Personally I don't get so much reported. Not complimented either though. Overall people seem to report more than compliment. So many times worked my butt off to carry, no compliments. Today I got reported for playing Atlanta, again not a single word in chat. I guess artillerymen don't like the mortar guys :Smile_trollface:

 

When it comes to myself, I have been able to stay my 7 years of Wargaming games without a single chatban, so I receive reports for something else than chatting. I may play bad and will play bad at times, but mostly it's just reports when you outplay someone. Stupid yes, but such is life.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
968 posts
9,107 battles
On 3/3/2018 at 4:10 PM, G4tt4B0 said:

Hi,

I just realized I am banned from sending messages in game because of "banned by complaints". Played 3 games this afternoon, (Z-23, 2x Gadja Mada), played average 2x, being top by far in one game  (6kills). Haven't sent a single message in either game. Fourth game I wanted to ask team to kill static Fubuki but couldn't as being banned since 14:40. Absolutely no clue why am I banned and *edited* reported me for nothing. Haven't cause single friendly HP dmg either. Nothing was happening in chat either. There should at least be a logic that you can't receive a complaint for misbehavior in chat when you don't chat at all. Anyway, not end of the world but frustrating when you need to tell team sth and you can't. I understand that when you go mad in chat, it is worth the ban and deserved but for nothing??!!!! It shouldn't be allowed just because somebody think it is cool or whatever reason that *edited* had.

:-(

 

 

 

Well, as others said above, you played either too good or too bad in those 3 games :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,052 battles

For me, sailing Henry IV seems to be the best way to get reported. I own it only for a few days and already lost like 4 karma points. Mostly for "kill stealing" even though I burned those targets down (not that I could stop the fires anyway) and for not "supporting" a yoloing BB.  And no, I don't only farm BBs. I really try to be as aggressive as possible, I cap and I engage DDs if I can but that thing is really fragile. :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

Well at least you don't get manual chat banned for a week. What's next a month then perma?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles
3 minutes ago, P2Win said:

Well at least you don't get manual chat banned for a week. What's next a month then perma?

afaik its a five strike system now, each strike is permanent and the fifth gives permanent ban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles
Just now, Ew_ said:

afaik its a five strike system now, each strike is permanent and the fifth gives permanent ban.

That's one of the problem with this game. It cater to the weak/thinned skinned people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,052 battles

That's why I almost never talk in game, those people won't listen anyway. So far I've never been chatbanned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×