You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RubyCookies

No excitement for Super Containers

48 comments in this topic

[CIRC]
Players
40 posts
3,779 battles

Does anyone else get that feeling of dread when they receive a SC? (The rare times that RNG decides to give you one)

Feels like all I get is Zulu Hotel signals from them now :Smile_amazed: I sold 500 of them a while ago and I still have too many of them, hell I use them every game and they still keep going up from missions and such :Smile-_tongue: I wish they would change how signals are awarded from SC's for example, if a player already has a butt load of them in their inventory then maybe award them another type of signal flag...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

The only things I get is either flags I don't use our camo I don't use our speed boost mod that I don't use. 

I still pick the try my luck container, but more because I don't need anything. 

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,968 posts
9,170 battles

With the christmas convoy containers I got 3x 180 days of premium (anong others)! Quite lucky.

This year I got THREE Supercontainers so far! Guess what I need the least and what was inside?! Right Premium time!

1.SC: 14 days of premium

2.SC: 7 days of premium

3.SC: 7 days of premium

And like aboomination, I do not have a radar modul too. Or a speed boost modul.

:Smile-angry:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,865 posts
21,648 battles

I always like when an SC drops. I never know what's inside.

My recent SCs included 50x Gamescom camos, 100 India Yankee, and a Krispy Kreme just as I was thinking about buying one.

I'm hoping that I will get some upgardes from them, as I really need a smoke mod and a hydro mod for my Perth and Lo Yang respectively.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
40 minutes ago, SPGGUNNER said:

Does anyone else get that feeling of dread when they receive a SC? (The rare times that RNG decides to give you one)

Feels like all I get is Zulu Hotel signals from them now :Smile_amazed: I sold 500 of them a while ago and I still have too many of them, hell I use them every game and they still keep going up from missions and such :Smile-_tongue: I wish they would change how signals are awarded from SC's for example, if a player already has a butt load of them in their inventory then maybe award them another type of signal flag...

There was a time when SCs were really underwhelming. Since then, however...

- special upgrades were made less common

- buffs and changed slots made it so most upgrades are somewhat viable

- I think credit SCs were mae less common too (not sure about this one)

Sure, depending on what you need (and what you have too much of) many SCs won't be very exciting, but they're ok-ish now. They're not as big of a thing as they were when first introduced, but they're better than a standard container at least, with very few exceptions.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,865 posts
21,648 battles
14 minutes ago, eliastion said:

- special upgrades were made less common

- buffs and changed slots made it so most upgrades are somewhat viable

Which made them valuable items for those wishing to upgrade their ships.

In fact I would say that they are too scarce now...

15 minutes ago, eliastion said:

They're not as big of a thing as they were when first introduced, but they're better than a standard container at least, with very few exceptions.

The only exception I think is the flag container. Getting 2-3 of them daily makes signal troubles go away.

Players
1,084 posts
5,587 battles

Haven't had one in ages despite playing a lot lately. Got a speed boost for my shima once, but since then only flags, 7 days of premium and spotting aircraft. ....

Could Really use two radar mods. ..

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,082 posts
11,403 battles

Yeah.... I got one at random from picking more signal and camo containers (I always do).  Fifty Halloween camos.  Seems a bit like kissing your sister...  I wish I could get the speed boost extender instead.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,496 battles
45 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Haven't had one in ages

Yeah, me too man. In fact I had one 3 days ago, got pretty hyped for the radar mod.

I got 100 india delta flags instead.

Kappa

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

After giving up on SC giving anything I really wanted, I got a nice surprice a few days ago, a scharnhorst and a 10 points captain. Dont give up on them :)

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I got two SC in a row and both were Hydro modules last week.

No idea of the odds of that :Smile_amazed:

Thing is I've already got enough. Z52 and Yang are the only 2 ships that really need it so I've got surplus. Could put it on stuff like Belfast, DoY or buy a GZ when she's released and go full R***rd mode :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles

Kinda got that as well since the only thing i want now is Premium time or dubloons to buy premium

In december i got the speed boost duration module

radar duration module

damage control duration module

2x hydro duration module

This year? 150 economic flags and 50 camos and 2000 dubloons. Which i've wasted on 3 day premiums for weekends.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,113 posts
31,518 battles
2 hours ago, stewie533 said:

The only things I get is .... that I don't use. 

WG thinks: "One day you will give in and use it!"

But nah, meanwhile i am happy to get my six signals and two camos from a standard container. No need for a 5th "improved dam-con party".

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,512 posts
11,038 battles

I hate you all.

I'd love to get flags or camos or premium time from those but I always get those stupid mods... I mean spotter plane mod. LOL. SOLD immediately.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
50 minutes ago, drmajga said:

WG thinks: "One day you will give in and use it!"

But nah, meanwhile i am happy to get my six signals and two camos from a standard container. No need for a 5th "improved dam-con party".

No, they are trolling me. I have premium camo on all the ships I like to play. And I don't play battleships, so flags for those ships are useless to me. 

[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
10,859 battles

At least you guys don't have 4-5 plane spotter mods from SC only.

And I've never gotten a ship from SC.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,871 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Which made them valuable items for those wishing to upgrade their ships.

3 of them are useless.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The only exception I think is the flag container. Getting 2-3 of them daily makes signal troubles go away.

No, the exception is not on the standard container side, almost any SC is better than almost any signal container.

The exception is an SC with

a) a signal pack of a signal flag (almost) never use and have a thousand or more in stock

b) credits if you swim in these otherwise

c) a module you never use (the plane upgrade or please-mess-up-my-smoke one that's an upgrade only for Perth)

Players
1,319 posts
20,137 battles

When the containers were introduced I got 500 Juliet Charlie signals, which I think I've spent but still have 200-ish received via ranked seasons, detonations and other containers IIRC. I've also noticed that I've obtained loads of camos and other signals that have helped me developing captains and ships, and even the required doubloons for acquiring Saipan and Missouri just at the best moment.

I have a method for the containers: I accumulate 30 of those with consumables, then switch to TYL until I've spent all the damage controls. Funnily enough, SC usually appear during the gathering, not when throwing the dice.

Salute.

Players
24 posts
12,568 battles

Supercontainer? What's that? It's an long time ago, that i had one.... The frequency is going down since i bought the Santa Boxes.... Maybe that is the problem to get an Supercontainer.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,680 posts
45,017 battles
7 hours ago, SPGGUNNER said:

Sure they might be underwhelming , but are you serious?

Selling Zulu Hotel? Who says no to extra captain XP boost?

I have 700 in stock but I gladly take more to use in captain grinding.

You have 1780 games and should have plenty of captains in need for extra training.

It is a completely bad move from your side, one move that you must promise never to do again.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,562 posts
20,724 battles

Just keep your expectations low. That way you won't be disappointed when you get worthless stuff, but you'll be pleasantly surprised if you do get something good.

[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
133 posts
10,866 battles

I do not want to brag, but last month i got 3 sc in 2 days and even though there was nothing extraordinary i was happy about it. And it is really all about rng. Since december i got texas and de grasse. Radar modules i have 3 of them from sc so it is always nice to see sc to pop up...after all i still need Gremy :D