Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gazzxy

Personalized ship names

10 comments in this topic

Question

[-BR-]
Players
18 posts
3,909 battles

One thing I really missed from another game i used to play a really long time ago was the ability for players to name their own ships upon purchasing... and could rename them whenever too.. I was wondering if this is possible or even planned.

I get it is open to abuse and with the current  mental age of our player base probably risky. but On NF there was never really a problem and people came up with some right corkers sometimes

9 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

I would say that this rather a suggestion than a question.

We have a dedicated thread for this:

But I personally think that customization is  a fine thing in terms of flags/colors/logos or whatnot. Renaming your ship, so only you can see it, would maybe be possible.

What definetly will not come is renaming your ship to show up in the teamlist/in battle.

Then we would have T8 BB "Yourmomma" fighting the T9 DD "Waifu" and this would be rather silly. On top of that there would have to be some kind of filter or approval system and I don't see WG relocating resources here.

Players
277 posts

Most likely will not be implemented because ships dont get permanently destroyed to justify naming. Your account name should suffice.

All the naming would do is clutter the UI even more and without any censorship in place, worsening the player experience for most involved.

And if you suggest to replace the actual class name, this would only lead to more confusion, because most pro's only leave ship class visible on the UI and swich to extended only if they haw XVM mods runing and focus high Win% threats first.

For your consideration @Gazzxy

Spoiler

We haw a competition running from February 3rd till May 2nd and it would really be helpfull if you would choose and mark one post as the best answer.

Edited by nimlock
clening my keyboard while reading posts lol***

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,139 posts
11,202 battles

Oh boy, can't wait to see "USS [edited] lol" and "HMS Hitler did nothing wrong" !

Players
24 posts
12,381 battles

As long as I dont see it in the game ( just like it is with the dragons and school fleets...)  its fine for me. I want to read the real names of the ships!

[CAIN]
Players
4,822 posts
20,062 battles

Well, it'd be nice if visible on the ships themselfs - which would require a crapton of changes to the models and textures themselfs, not to mention the code - but not in the UI,  team line up and results screen.

That would be bad, really really bad, as i wouldn't want to know what fetish is floating the boat of others or what political views people have when they don't have to play nice.

I have to admit tho, that it would - for a short while at least - be hilarious to see ship names like the ones mentioned above. But only for a very short while, as it will get old pretty quickly getting reported because the game just has to announce that

'you have been destroyed by Jethro_Grey ['s Big D***]' or even worse things. Let's not go there - ever. ^^

Players
636 posts
8,871 battles
On 3.3.2018 at 10:46 AM, Gazzxy said:

One thing I really missed from another game i used to play a really long time ago was the ability for players to name their own ships upon purchasing... and could rename them whenever too.. I was wondering if this is possible or even planned.

I get it is open to abuse and with the current  mental age of our player base probably risky. but On NF there was never really a problem and people came up with some right corkers sometimes

We are running a contest in the Newcomer and Q&A section so if you could do us the favor of choosing what you think is the best answer in this thread we would be eternally grateful :Smile_medal:

Sign in to follow this