You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DirionScrab

French Gold Mission 2 4 times 1800 ribbons or 2 times but only using french ships

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
47 posts
15,151 battles

So I only have 2 t6 french ships (none higher)  on average i get around 50 ribbons per battle in the La G and 30 in the Normandie  so if i was to do get 6 stars from french only twice (1500 RIBBONS)  plus any ship twice (1800 ribbons)  How many battles is this going to take? on the estimates above it would be 60 + Maybe I need to do this and it will maybe unlock the t7 but means I miss a lot of  times 2's

If I use other  ships  like the fiji where 100  is probably closer to the average  I still need to use La G 30 times and  others 60 times

regardless this feels like a lot of battles.

Which route are you alll choosing and which ships yield the most ribbons on average?

[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,122 battles
5 minutes ago, DirionScrab said:

So I only have 2 t6 french ships (none higher)  on average i get around 50 ribbons per battle in the La G and 30 in the Normandie  so if i was to do get 6 stars from french only twice (1500 RIBBONS)  plus any ship twice (1800 ribbons)  How many battles is this going to take? on the estimates above it would be 60 + Maybe I need to do this and it will maybe unlock the t7 but means I miss a lot of  times 2's

If I use other  ships  like the fiji where 100  is probably closer to the average  I still need to use La G 30 times and  others 60 times

regardless this feels like a lot of battles.

Which route are you alll choosing and which ships yield the most ribbons on average?

Get more ribbons!

With the La G und can easily get to 150 ribbons per game. A very good game can give you over 200.

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles

Cleveland, Shchors, Fiji, Kiev, USN DDs. Basically anything with large volume of fire should work too

[SCRUB]
Players
508 posts
8,055 battles

Akizuki can work out for you, if you care. Camos from 2nd, and 3rd mission stage are just ugly though.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
1 minute ago, Infiriel said:

Camos from 2nd, and 3rd mission stage are just ugly though.

Which would be ok if the corresponding ships were any good ^^

[SCRUB]
Players
508 posts
8,055 battles
5 minut temu, aboomination napisał:

Which would be ok if the corresponding ships were any good ^^

Good point.
I was just about to uninstall after 1st stage, which i completed with a mighty Dunkerque.
I think i might contract cancer if i try doing the 2nd stage.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
1 minute ago, Infiriel said:

Good point.
I was just about to uninstall after 1st stage, which i completed with a mighty Dunkerque.
I think i might contract cancer if i try doing the 2nd stage.

Will have the Richelieu tomorrow/Sunday which will speed things up - I'm not in a hurry and won't care if I don't make it ^^

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,896 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Minotaur and Khaba gets the job done.

He means the mission for the tier 6+ French ships only. And rate of fire on French lines decreases whilr going up in tiers. Best French spammers are all tier 6: Aigle, La Gal and De Grasse.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,149 posts
29,534 battles
35 minutes ago, 22cm said:

French spammers are all tier 6: Aigle, La Gal and De Grasse.

Used Aigle, spent the day grinding gold of France (Completed all missions), averaging 100-180 ribbons per game, have to admit, the ribbons mission were a struggle, but with Aigle, you can click on Task 2 & 3 on all missions and complete the Campaign faster.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,896 battles
5 hours ago, iJoby said:

Used Aigle, spent the day grinding gold of France (Completed all missions), averaging 100-180 ribbons per game, have to admit, the ribbons mission were a struggle, but with Aigle, you can click on Task 2 & 3 on all missions and complete the Campaign faster.

Obviously, because he was complaining, I guess he does not have Aigle. The the tier 6 cruiser is the best choice.

Beta Tester
47 posts
15,151 battles

To be clear the main reason i want to do these missions is for the  containers to try and get the t8 mission

You are correct I don't have the Aigle until around the 16th since i had a weekend away

Players
1,084 posts
5,599 battles

I don't own any suiting French ships and will be stuck to the first mission. Assuming 100 ribbons per game,  times 18, times 6 that are 108 battles to play. Slight overkill Imo. I did however get the TV bb from the containers from the first set. So at least I got one frenchy. 

Have a lot of stuff to grind and a brand new Kurfürst in port, so I'm counting on the secondaries a lot. I doubt that I will focus too much on the mission though, got better things to do in game. 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,524 battles

Atlanta/Akizuki for the 1st task, De Grasse or La Galissonniere for the 2nd.

Doing the 4th task is a bit of a grind since you don't get very many ribbons per battle in BBs.

[WES]
Beta Tester
49 posts

the ribbon mission is pure fun, i was 4 times really close to uninstall the game.

dont use Aigle in coop every bot ship will hunt you and bot CV even strike you from the start. i have nice screenshots and vids pulling 5 BB's from a to c arround the map.

• Boring 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
286 posts
14,289 battles

Since I don't have any of the French ships, I'll have to repeat the 1800 ribbon mission six times for a total of 10800 ribbons. That's just a bit depressing.

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
3,118 posts
14,769 battles

just finished the second stage, just the 3rd one to go, it was easy with the Alsace, Richelieu and a couple with the Minotaur

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,682 posts
45,091 battles

Do not be afraid in using coop, used my Aigle in coop (after the win in random for first win bonus) and then played coop in smoke w 5 guns suitably positioned ypu can at leats get 100/game

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
7 hours ago, iJoby said:

How do you get so many ribbons with Agile?   Serious question... I get a lot less (like 50).  I must be doing it wrong.    

• Boring 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,379 battles
13 minutes ago, Hawg said:

How do you get so many ribbons with Agile?   Serious question... I get a lot less (like 50).  I must be doing it wrong.    

Sit in smoke daka daka. You know, like a true teamplayer DD. No offence iJoby, you didn't design these missions and i know that against some teams you don't even need smoke.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,810 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, Profilus sagte:

You know, like a true teamplayer DD.

but imho no problem if you do this in coop, there such a style shouldn't be bad for your team

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,379 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

but imho no problem if you do this in coop, there such a style shouldn't be bad for your team

Wasn't judging players who do it even in randoms atm. 2nd part is designed to grind that FREE stuff or to pay not to grind.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
2 hours ago, DanteriusHB said:

dont use Aigle in coop every bot ship will hunt you 

In contrast to human players who won't focus a DD? :cap_book:

• Cool 1