Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wildf1re

Imagine the disbelief

12 comments in this topic

Players
203 posts
4,569 battles

Imagine the chock, the disbelief when you're just about to score a win and are in the perfect position to get 150 hits with main guns :cap_rambo:. Agile mission here we go! A BB grounded, firing into the cost, you behind an iland with perfect LOS and unspotted, close to a secure win so no pressure to support the team effort in winning and... The hit counter stop at 118 hits, whaaat? :Smile_amazed:. You keep firing, you see the hits landing and the little band in the lower right corner confirms you are hitting your target, but in the upper right corner the 118 hits remain steady. WTF!? :fish_nerv::etc_swear:...

Well, in the end at batlle over the correct number of hits are shown as 156, pheww :Smile_medal:. So no worries, just wanted to share in case any of you run into a similar predicament, could spare you some panic :Smile_honoring:.

[CATS]
Players
28,956 posts
15,141 battles

The hits on the upper right corner update as soon the ribbons on the right border vanish. That is normal.

If you manage to start the game with continous hits, you can get over 100 hit ribbons with zero hits on the upper right corner. As soon as the ribbons vanish, the hits are added to the upper right.

• Cool 3

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

no this is BUG as a lot of thing from this patch on, I had that too in my Atlanta today 117 hits and than 5 salvo later 117 again than all of the sudden after I didn't shoot a single shoot for 20 sec 157 and than 177, whole that game stutter was so high that my head now want to blow because I have dizziness from it,, now I got shoot from 3 different ship and I hadn't been spotted or detected I was on lowest detect. range I could be showed by that new marker in center but almost 10 shell from 3 different ships keep coming and coming and landing on ship, game is unplayable  atm !!

Players
203 posts
4,569 battles
24 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The hits on the upper right corner update as soon the ribbons on the right border vanish. That is normal.

If you manage to start the game with continous hits, you can get over 100 hit ribbons with zero hits on the upper right corner. As soon as the ribbons vanish, the hits are added to the upper right.

Never noticed that before, usually only look at ribbons, thanks. Allthough it's actually did not update after ribbons dissapered between salvoes. But good to know :cap_like:.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
Vor 57 Minuten, Cime sagte:

no this is BUG as a lot of thing from this patch on, I had that too in my Atlanta today 117 hits and than 5 salvo later 117 again than all of the sudden after I didn't shoot a single shoot for 20 sec 157 and than 177

You are wrong, it was already like that before this update.

Vor 57 Minuten, Cime sagte:

now I got shoot from 3 different ship and I hadn't been spotted or detected I was on lowest detect. range I could be showed by that new marker in center but almost 10 shell from 3 different ships keep coming and coming and landing on ship, game is unplayable  atm !!

I already know the answer, but let me still ask: You got a Replay of this game?

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles
13 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You are wrong, it was already like that before this update.

I already know the answer, but let me still ask: You got a Replay of this game?

nope - tell me !??

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

The ribbons for shell hits are counted correctly in realtime, it's just that if you keep firing and hitting in a sufficiently short timeframe, it will just keep adding ribbons to the current streak and only add to the total ribbon count after you had a pause in firing.

Pretty normal. Play a couple more games in firehose ships like the Atlanta, Akizuki, Minotaur, Khabarovsk, etc. pp. and you'll notice it. In a particularily target rich environment with uninterrupting hit farming you could potentially get up to several hundreds of shell hits but the top ribbon counter will still sit at zero because the game didn't have a pause to tally up your ribbons from the current streak.

• Cool 1

Players
2,449 posts

If you're firing long range it will take time for the final shells to fall either as a miss or on target. I have a long range (Main Gun) Gearing and I can still be getting hits 4 or 5 seconds after my last shot on target.... The total then tallies... if you fire again on something else before the final shells have fallen from a previous attack on a different target it does delay the tally accumulation...However, you get them all so don't worry.

Players
203 posts
4,569 battles
5 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

If you're firing long range it will take time for the final shells to fall either as a miss or on target. I have a long range (Main Gun) Gearing and I can still be getting hits 4 or 5 seconds after my last shot on target.... The total then tallies... if you fire again on something else before the final shells have fallen from a previous attack on a different target it does delay the tally accumulation...However, you get them all so don't worry.

Not worried - anymore - but damn it was some looong 60 seconds where I was and then waiting for the battle end screen... :cap_wander:...

• Cool 1

Players
2,449 posts
4 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

140 hits done when battle ended with a win

onehundredandforty

Eff that mission!

Scraped by with 151... last 2 shells on Amagi hit home in the last 4 seconds of the game...

Screenshot (816).png

Sign in to follow this