Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DreadArchangel

Richelieu vs Alsace

13 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
864 posts

Looking at both ships arty and can't understand why the Richelieu has better arty than the Alsace, both have the same gun, in fact the Alsace has 12 of them where as richelieu has 8,any  idea's ?

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

You mean those ratings? They are completely useless you know. You maybe can compare 2 identical ships to see if they run the same stuff, or check which aircraft setup the CV has, but that's about it.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,278 posts
5,706 battles
33 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You mean those ratings? They are completely useless you know. You maybe can compare 2 identical ships to see if they run the same stuff, or check which aircraft setup the CV has, but that's about it.

Even that starts to fall apart quick with all the various factors not included in that calculation.

Players
4,053 posts
5,421 battles

I saw flambass is playing Alsace with secondary build. But it seems its on manual because hits from his Alsace's secondarys was accurate.

So im wondering is it worth to build French BB's to manual secondary builds after all drama how they are soft and not worth to focus them on secondarys?

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,851 battles
46 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Clemson's artillery stats come to mind :cap_book:

Players
2,574 posts
3 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

Looking at both ships arty and can't understand why the Richelieu has better arty than the Alsace, both have the same gun, in fact the Alsace has 12 of them where as richelieu has 8,any  idea's ?

Oh it's easy. It is to make Alsace only little OP on its tier. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
1,172 posts
7,233 battles
7 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I saw flambass is playing Alsace with secondary build. But it seems its on manual because hits from his Alsace's secondarys was accurate.

So im wondering is it worth to build French BB's to manual secondary builds after all drama how they are soft and not worth to focus them on secondarys?

I'm an average player so you might hear a different story from somebody else, but I actually play french BBs with secondaries after tier 8.

You consistently generate fires on your close targets, it's amazing. I have the feeling they really create more fires than german secondaries.

To the people saying it's not optimal, I answer that I don't care because it works well for me, and it's a lot of fun.

Now, it's up to you to decide, survival build or this. From my point of view, they both are good. I consider french BBs as a line which allow the player to really choose their build. This is the 1st line where you can actually ask yourself, which build I want to play? 

At tier 9 and 10, they really have very good AA as well, so you can spec secondaries, AA, survival... What do you prefer?

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,424 posts
4,492 battles

Probably has a lower rating because relatively speaking the 12x 380mm rifles are considered weaker on T9 than 8 of the same rifles were on T8? 

Idk, I think Alsace is hilarious and quite strong for her tier. 

• Cool 2

Players
4,053 posts
5,421 battles
23 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

I'm an average player so you might hear a different story from somebody else, but I actually play french BBs with secondaries after tier 8.

You consistently generate fires on your close targets, it's amazing. I have the feeling they really create more fires than german secondaries.

To the people saying it's not optimal, I answer that I don't care because it works well for me, and it's a lot of fun.

Now, it's up to you to decide, survival build or this. From my point of view, they both are good. I consider french BBs as a line which allow the player to really choose their build. This is the 1st line where you can actually ask yourself, which build I want to play? 

At tier 9 and 10, they really have very good AA as well, so you can spec secondaries, AA, survival... What do you prefer?

I consider to play Alsace as secondary build, one day when I get to it. My highest tier for now is Normandie.

Actually your feeling is correct. French BB secondarys do create more fire then German ships because they have bigger fire chance. I think Germans have 9% fire chance from secondarys, and French have 12-13% as I saw 1-2 months ago.

Can you link your commander skills here? You have fully secondary, with 10 km range and manual or semi with some survival?

Players
1,172 posts
7,233 battles
41 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Can you link your commander skills here? You have fully secondary, with 10 km range and manual or semi with some survival?

here is the build I'm using right now. People might like, or recommend something else, but I tried several changes to finally use that.

I use Jean Jacques Honore and only have 18 points at this moment. I'm still wondering if I should take priority target or expert loader for the last one.

This is a strange build, but I didn't want to miss concealment expert, which is why I have 3 tier 4 skills and am not using expert marksman, even though the special captain skill makes it better.

I also tried to replace concealment expert by fire prevention. It also works, but I finally prefer concealment. And superintendent gives 1 more heal to repair fire damages. I make sure to use the flags to reduce fire duration and also the tankiness upgrades.

So yes, I have the big range on my secondaries, and I like playing with this build.

Players
4,053 posts
5,421 battles
13 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

here is the build I'm using right now. People might like, or recommend something else, but I tried several changes to finally use that.

I use Jean Jacques Honore and only have 18 points at this moment. I'm still wondering if I should take priority target or expert loader for the last one.

This is a strange build, but I didn't want to miss concealment expert, which is why I have 3 tier 4 skills and am not using expert marksman, even though the special captain skill makes it better.

I also tried to replace concealment expert by fire prevention. It also works, but I finally prefer concealment. And superintendent gives 1 more heal to repair fire damages. I make sure to use the flags to reduce fire duration and also the tankiness upgrades.

So yes, I have the big range on my secondaries, and I like playing with this build.

Nice setup. I see how Concealment is helpful here when you have secondarys build.

Interesting you dont have Expert Marksman, but by default I think that ship have less then 40 sec turning so it can be replaced with something more useful.

If I were you I would go with Expert Loader. I know its basically AP ship, but even if you fire from time to time HE on heavy armor T10 ships, its still more helpful then Priority Target.

Sign in to follow this