Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wilkatis_LV

So... I guess Iowa has a 13km radar now?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

You know cyclone - that thing that drops your vision range down to 8km, but you can extend that a little bit for a short time if you have a radar that goes further? Yeah, that thing. Well, I guess having a radar was unfair advantage, now you don't even need it!:Smile_trollface:

 

BjrFFd9.jpg

akxY3pA.jpg

 

My first idea was that it's something to do with my spotting aircraft BUT

 

rDB9NKp.jpg

 

And he was running radar not plane :Smile_teethhappy:

 


 

Was going to post this in bug reports but I kinda lack the "reproduction" - was going to get that through training room, but can't find how to enable cyclone in that match. Any ideas how can I do it? Or is it literally start the room, wait for 7 min to see if cyclone was rolled, repeat? :cap_old:

 


 

@MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos if this bug was on PTS - I hope we have a hotfix already being worked on and coming up some time soon?

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,861 battles

Helloes,

 

Interesting. Curiouser and curiouser. Do you have a replay by chance? Or is there anyone else who seen the same (ideally with screenies / replays)? the more evidence the better :)

 

Thanks!

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
5 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

Helloes,

 

Interesting. Curiouser and curiouser. Do you have a replay by chance? Or is there anyone else who seen the same (ideally with screenies / replays)? the more evidence the better :)

 

Thanks!

 

I do have replay. Lets see if it works as an attachment here...

 

20180302_111654_PASB018-Iowa-1944_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

 

Let me know if it doesn't work, I'll upload it through WoWS Replays then.

 

Also that replay includes a perfect example why "X marks the spot" should be banned :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,861 battles

Works

 

Checked with the Devs and QA guys, it is a known issue connected to the Spotter plane and it should be fixed soon. It is connected with the spotter plane.

 

Thanks for the report!

 

(EDIT: Also moving the thread tot he feedback section ;))

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
577 posts
12,178 battles
31 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You know cyclone - that thing that drops your vision range down to 8km, but you can extend that a little bit for a short time if you have a radar that goes further? Yeah, that thing. Well, I guess having a radar was unfair advantage, now you don't even need it!:Smile_trollface:

 

BjrFFd9.jpg

akxY3pA.jpg

 

My first idea was that it's something to do with my spotting aircraft BUT

 

rDB9NKp.jpg

 

And he was running radar not plane :Smile_teethhappy:

 


 

Was going to post this in bug reports but I kinda lack the "reproduction" - was going to get that through training room, but can't find how to enable cyclone in that match. Any ideas how can I do it? Or is it literally start the room, wait for 7 min to see if cyclone was rolled, repeat? :cap_old:

 


 

@MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos if this bug was on PTS - I hope we have a hotfix already being worked on and coming up some time soon?

The fact that it happened to you in a BB makes it even more "engaging".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles
58 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

Works

 

Checked with the Devs and QA guys, it is a known issue connected to the Spotter plane and it should be fixed soon. It is connected with the spotter plane.

 

Thanks for the report!

 

(EDIT: Also moving the thread tot he feedback section ;))

so spotter plane ignores view range ? finally something works as it should by logic but WG classes it as a bug :-) omg this is hilarious ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
17 minutes ago, HelldiverGr said:

Do airplanes fly into a cyclone? Interesting.

 

Certainly! Blown right off the catapult launcher or deck, straight into the sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Exohoritis said:

The fact that it happened to you in a BB makes it even more "engaging".

 

Try and count how many non-BBs have (and use) a spotting aircraft.

Now count how many BBs don't have one.

 

This is a stupid bug, extremely abusable and giving you a ridiculous advantage

It really needs to be fixed asap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
577 posts
12,178 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

 

Try and count how many non-BBs have (and use) a spotting aircraft.

Now count how many BBs don't have one.

 

This is a stupid bug, extremely abusable and giving you a ridiculous advantage

It really needs to be fixed asap

Also the rendering problem. I had been blapped countless times in cyclons by unspotted BBs that had the rendering few sec advantage. That is not much I know, but in many cases game breaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
374 posts
3,671 battles

I can confirm this that it happens when using spotter plane. I had a game in Tirpitz yesterday, same thing. Cyclone, and i could see an enemy Roma from 12 km. And i was shot in cyclone when wasn't supposed to be spotted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×