Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Affeks

Engine Boost modification compatibility with French BBs?

Engine Boost Modification 1 for French Battleships  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Engine Boost Modification 1 be available to French Battleships?

• Yes
    • No

6 comments in this topic

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles

I think its really annoying that currently Engine Boost Modification 1 is not available for French BBs. Unlike on Cruisers and DDs, the Damage Control System Modification 1 is a lot more effective on BBs, so switching that out for the engine boost modification seems like a real tradeoff. So to me it seems like this would be a buff of any kind. Rather it just gives players the freedom of choice and might even encourage more dynamic play.

Currently there arent any viable consumable modifications that are viable for BBs, this is the first one that have piqued my interest, only to find it locked to cruisers and DDs only. 

• Boring 1

Players
3,442 posts
17,233 battles

I think that you are on the right lines with the idea of giving players choices, and the chance to experiment with different build. :Smile_honoring:

However, if you are going to give BB players the option of having a special upgrade then I suggest that Wargaming introduce a new one specially introduced for Battleships, e.g. "Improved Accuracy when firing at targets less than 10km away". (Which might even deter camping)

I'm not a fan of Battleships obtaining features that were originally intended for other classes.  What do you like on your ship? Radar, Strong AA, Great Concealment, Hydro, Speed ... there is a BB somewhere for every ex-cruiser player. All with a much reduced likelihood of having your game ruined in an instant.

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,149 posts
29,538 battles

The Normandie is already like a fast heavy cruiser with 340mm guns, fun ship to play, I have propulsion Mod 2 fitted, gives her a burst of speed when in trouble, and those secondaries are lethal at 5.3km, has to be one of my favourite ships.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles
11 hours ago, iJoby said:

The Normandie is already like a fast heavy cruiser with 340mm guns, fun ship to play, I have propulsion Mod 2 fitted, gives her a burst of speed when in trouble, and those secondaries are lethal at 5.3km, has to be one of my favourite ships.

Normandie doesnt even have engine boost and isnt related to this topic.

12 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I'm not a fan of Battleships obtaining features that were originally intended for other classes.  What do you like on your ship? Radar, Strong AA, Great Concealment, Hydro, Speed ... there is a BB somewhere for every ex-cruiser player. All with a much reduced likelihood of having your game ruined in an instant.

While Im not a supporter of Hydro on KM BBs, AA on Hood or Radar on Missouri, but Im a big supporter of Engine boost on BBs. The reason for that is because even if engine boost is active, a BB is still far from the agility of a cruiser. While Hydro and Radar is a support consumable that benefits teammates, engine boost only helps the ship itself, therefore not taking any role away from other classes.

I remember back when Hipper was a viable pick in competitive for its hydro, only to be completely replaced by Bismarck when it came with its own hydro. On the other hand, did french cruisers ever replace DDs in competitive because they got better engine boosts? No, and neither will French BBs replace cruisers in that role.

Remember Hydro, AA, radar and Smoke are supportive utilities, things that benefit the whole team. Engine boost is just a slight boost for your own ship, thus not directly stealing any roles from other ships. Im really against brushing Speed boost under the same rug as consumables like hydro and radar. Its like comparing Repair Party to Smoke Generator in my opinion.

• Funny 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,149 posts
29,538 battles
10 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Normandie doesnt even have engine boost and isnt related to this topic.

I never said it had engine boost, I said "Burst of speed" and if saying Normandie is already fast enough is not related to the topic, maybe you need to go to Specsavers. :cap_haloween:

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles
4 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I never said it had engine boost, I said "Burst of speed" and if saying Normandie is already fast enough is not related to the topic, maybe you need to go to Specsavers. :cap_haloween:

Doenst change the fact that Normandie isnt related to this thread, this thread is about Engine boost modification 1 and the consumable. Not the other ships of the line that cant benefit from engine boost modification

Sign in to follow this