You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

WTF happen to my bee?

33 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

I noticed just now that my bee was weird.

And got in the game and saw that my bee was gone and replaced by that thing.

Where's my bee and how can I get it back?

thanks

@MrConway

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles

Since many customers wanted better bee(according feedback from many platforms), they improved it. They just happened to have time for it.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
5 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Since many customers wanted better bee(according feedback from many platforms), they improved it. They just happened to have time for it.

Don't like it.

It's awful.

Players
3,438 posts
17,233 battles
3 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Don't like it.

It's awful.

It looks like you have been stung!  :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

That's supposed to be a bee?

I mean, looking at the other patches from forum users in this thread I can clearly make out the raccoon (though I'd had to look real close to see the seamine it's holding) and I can obviously tell the other ones are a bear and finally a sealion holding a torpedo, but a bee?

This looks more like some dude in a red baseball cap, with a baseball mitt on one hand in the middle of throwing a (-n american) football with the other. No matter how hard I squint, I don't see a bee there.

• Cool 1

Players
1,055 posts
5,362 battles
31 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

This looks more like some dude in a red baseball cap, with a baseball mitt on one hand in the middle of throwing a (-n american) football with the other. No matter how hard I squint, I don't see a bee there.

It gets worse - the ball has fins like it's supposed to be a UFO or something? :Smile_amazed:

jApLlm5.jpg

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,251 battles

Just want to say, no matter the whines DO NOT change my cute racoon, or i will pay a personal visit to St. Petersburg. 

(i know it has nothing to do with the current thread, just saying) :Smile_smile:

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I rather like my glum looking shark with the trident although the damn thing has no opposable thumbs so doesn't have a hope in hell of using it :cap_haloween:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
35 minutes ago, Strappster said:

It gets worse - the ball has fins like it's supposed to be a UFO or something? :Smile_amazed:

jApLlm5.jpg

The bloody hell!?

I'll have you know I didn't check any of the patches in detail ingame (or anywhere else for that matter) ever since I unlocked my first emblem (moar shinies) so I literally never saw the new version of the bee outside the little ones under the forum avatars (and I don't even recall having checked out the original bee patch, I went for the seamine raccoon).

I'm genuinely surprised I actually nailed the description when what I said was partly meant as a joke ...

Also, why a baseball cap, mitt and throwing stance but with a football shaped thingy (blimp maybe) ? You don't throw a football like that at all. Or at least that would be an awful easy way to end up sacked as soon as the pocket fails.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I noticed just now that my bee was weird.

And got in the game and saw that my bee was gone and replaced by that thing.

Where's my bee and how can I get it back?

thanks

@MrConway

Frankly? It's nothing comapred to the atrocity they committed on the cat. Seriously, if they wanted these ugly... things... they could've just added them to the system instead of replacing existing patches.

• Cool 1

Players
662 posts
11,080 battles

Bee was changed because some players were triggered by its trolish appearance that annoyed them once killed. :)

[ROT8]
Players
2,733 posts

I reckon it's all about the snowflake brigade complaining about a 'nasty, aggressive' little picture mocking their pixel death. Expect the tiger to have his teeth taken out or changed to a fluffy kitten very soon, or the eagle changed to a lovely little Easter chick with a bow....grow some balls WG :Smile_sceptic:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles

Ok, now i'm curious. Anybody has pic of old bee? Or was it the one holding bomb on it's back or did i saw something in my dream?

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,494 battles
11 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Ok, now i'm curious. Anybody has pic of old bee? Or was it the one holding bomb on it's back or did i saw something in my dream?

Yes, it was running forwards holding a bomb above and behind its head with a cheesy grin on its face. Was the one I decided to use for a while at first, the new one is awful. :(

Edit: Found a picture for it.

tOrduab.jpg

[CAIN]
Players
4,823 posts
20,082 battles

I took me a few seconds to get what Butterdoll was talking about...i'm getting old. :Smile_sad:

And yeah, the old Bee was less Baseball-ish.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
3 hours ago, rvfharrier said:

Yes, it was running forwards holding a bomb above and behind its head with a cheesy grin on its face. Was the one I decided to use for a while at first, the new one is awful. :(

Edit: Found a picture for it.

tOrduab.jpg

Now i miss the old one too, although i wouldn't use it :fish_glass:

Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles

Probably some copyright issue.

*edit* yeah the copyright for this patch belongs to Disney who probably complained.

nnEFAHs.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,438 posts
17,233 battles

The OP has certainly stirred up a Hornet's nest with this topic.

Wargaming only just introduced patches and they are changing them already.

Such busy people. Their offices must be a hive of activity.

I could say more but I don't want to drone on about it.

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
1 hour ago, Ew_ said:

Probably some copyright issue.

*edit* yeah the copyright for this patch belongs to Disney who probably complained.

nnEFAHs.jpg

Actually, this might be the one reasonable argument for changing patches... one has to wonder how they managed to let it slip through in the fiirst place, though. It's not like they got the patch propositions from random players (that's what the current contest is for) so... how did they end up using copyrighted material without permission?...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles
23 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Actually, this might be the one reasonable argument for changing patches... one has to wonder how they managed to let it slip through in the fiirst place, though. It's not like they got the patch propositions from random players (that's what the current contest is for) so... how did they end up using copyrighted material without permission?...

Its heavily plagiarized rather than copied, you can see the hands, the bomb, the bee body, the inverted leg and distorted wing. The only "original" part is the face that may be a copy from somewhere else.

It does break the copyright of Disneys patch. But you cant find it by image searching the image, you have to check up this manually by going through bee patches. Im going to assume that WG simply reverse image searched it, and eventually properly checked it up, or were contacted by Disney.

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles
25 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, WG have a track record of failing to check things like this.  Over in tanks I seem to recall there were several instances of players submitting artwork for competitions and then winning - only for other players to point out that the winning artwork was literally copied directly from somewhere else that even a 30 second Google check would have revealed..

But yes, it's a bit bad that in this case it looks like its WG's own art department who might have (picks words carefully!) strayed a little too closely to an existing design.

Also explains why the rules for the patch competition require supporting evidence - I guess WG don't want to get stung again.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1