MartenLudens

WoWs launcher won't launch

7 comments in this topic

Question

[LEGIO]
Players
16 posts
10,542 battles

Since yesterday, I've been unable to use the WoWs launcher. When I open the launcher (either via shortcut or directly by the .exe file), the WoWsLauncher.exe process will show up in Task Manager, but no window will appear and nothing will happen. Trying to open it again will simply lead to more WoWsLauncher.exe showing in Task Manager.

Yesterday, I got round this by launching WoWs directly via WorldOfWarships.exe, but today I need to patch the game first, and that isn't happening.

The launcher ran without problem on Monday, and no updates (other than anit-virus) have been installed since. Has anyone encountered this before? And does anyone know how to solve it?

6 answers to this question

Players
1 post
1,842 battles
On 3/6/2018 at 12:36 AM, MartenLudens said:

Problem solved. I downloaded the WG Gaming Center, and updated the game that way.

I have the same thing... But I already have that center thingy, and I still can't launch the game. Both WoT AND WoWS actually..!

Players
24 posts
10,687 battles
On 5-3-2018 at 10:36 PM, MartenLudens said:

Problem solved. I downloaded the WG Gaming Center, and updated the game that way.

This don't fix the problem for me..... Try everthing but no connection 

Players
653 posts
6,888 battles
On 3/5/2018 at 9:36 PM, MartenLudens said:

I uninstalled the game and now can't install anything.
When trying to download the WG Gaming Center, or clicking on the download link in https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/game/  all I get is the following

Corrupted Content Error

An error occurred during a connection to wds.gcdn.co.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

I did waste about 10 minutes trying to contact WG on their wonderfully helpful Player Support, but it won't let me progress without submitting a WGCheck report.

Which I can't do cos I can't download the *#@^ing game