You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Have you guys checked the recent stats for WoWs servers regarding number of players OnLine?

21 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,755 posts
17,310 battles

Hi all,

Have you guys checked the recent stats for WoWs servers regarding number of players OnLine?

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wows/eu/EU

Well... the numbers are climbing and reaching height we almost forgot about... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

It is Thursday night and there are 33K players OnLine... :Smile_hiding:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,862 posts
21,644 battles

Nice, but there's no consequence to this. We are still getting shafted with the same prize pools as the smaller servers and an inflexible MM.

Most likely WG will still say they can't do anything with the MM if we pass the 60k mark...:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
9,591 battles

I am not surprised.... its not perfect, but its a damn fun game.   I hope it only continues to grow, that can only be good for the rest of us.  :)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,406 posts
21,848 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

....and probably only 20k in french BBs, right?

I think WG is doing a great job in fighting the BB flood, by releasing a new BB line and adding some special missions to be done with BBs to the list. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
13,903 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

With schools and some work places closed because of the weather (I'm in Dublin and the office was closed today (Thursday) and tomorrow) the numbers should be increased during the day at the moment.

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Nice, but there's no consequence to this. We are still getting shafted with the same prize pools as the smaller servers and an inflexible MM.

Most likely WG will still say they can't do anything with the MM if we pass the 60k mark...:cap_old:

What kind of flexibility do you want the MM to have? I hear that they are planning to add +-1 tier MM to all tiers at some point.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Honestly: I was quite surprised when I logged on yesterday evening (rouhgly 9pm) to find over 31k players. Nice

@Agantas

I hear that they are planning to add +-1 tier MM to all tiers at some point.

Where did you read that? Only this week Sub_Octavian said in a RU QnA, that for now WG has no intent whatsoever to deviate from +-2

Greetings

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles
10 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Honestly: I was quite surprised when I logged on yesterday evening (rouhgly 9pm) to find over 31k players. Nice

@Agantas

Where did you read that? Only this week Sub_Octavian said in a RU QnA, that for now WG has no intent whatsoever to deviate from +-2

Greetings

It was some translated from RU post KarmaQU_EU translated on this forum. But if that no intention to deviate holds, then it holds.

WoWs Wiki Team, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

Still the whole spanish sub and news will get closed. That will help with the numbers going back to the regular numbers. 

Genious!! there is no better way that closing one part and tell us that they do all they could!! we dont even have voices in spanish, but you know, all they could.

Meanwhile the BB flood continue and the game gets boring with all people in high tiers with no reason to populate low tiers. And with no real ClanWars afters a few years, just the ladder leagues here and there and the rankeds (but never at the same time). 

This is looking bad, stagnation and overpopulation in hightiers is a really bad sign, and premiums and freemiums of T8-9 does not help at all.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,862 posts
21,644 battles
11 minutes ago, HariSeldon said:

Still the whole spanish sub and news will get closed. That will help with the numbers going back to the regular numbers. 

Genious!! there is no better way that closing one part and tell us that they do all they could!! we dont even have voices in spanish, but you know, all they could.

Meanwhile the BB flood continue and the game gets boring with all people in high tiers with no reason to populate low tiers. And with no real ClanWars afters a few years, just the ladder leagues here and there and the rankeds (but never at the same time). 

This is looking bad, stagnation and overpopulation in hightiers is a really bad sign, and premiums and freemiums of T8-9 does not help at all.

Excuse me? They are closing the Spanish section? But the Turkish and Italian ones stay?

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
24 minutes ago, Agantas said:

It was some translated from RU post KarmaQU_EU translated on this forum. But if that no intention to deviate holds, then it holds.

+/- 2 matchmaking is currently not being revised. This principle provides a sufficient variety of battles and allows to emphasize the advantage of higher tiers (?). We studied this issue very seriously, including the distribution of different tier battles for each tier, the impact of the distribution on stats and players activity and feedback. The decision not to change +/- 2 was made consciously.

Source: 

Sounds as if they leave it in for good (but with a back door to change it if needs be)...

Greetings

1,993 posts
9 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Excuse me? They are closing the Spanish section? But the Turkish and Italian ones stay?

Yes. You can translate it with google or if you need to translate I do it later, It's a real shame and a kick in our spanish asses, just like that, wonder who will be next, this game it's dying and this will help, many spaniards are not fluent in english https://worldofwarships.eu/es/news/common/important-notice-localisations/  

Capitanes:

A partir del jueves, 15 de marzo de 2018, dejaremos de publicar localizaciones españolas en el portal de World of Warships, y las versiones españolas del foro oficial y la página de Facebook dejarán de estar operativas.

Las observaciones de los últimos 18 meses han evidenciado que, por desgracia, los resultados y el crecimiento de la comunidad española no justifican que se le siga prestando servicio de forma específica. Esperábamos que estos servicios se tradujesen en un rendimiento comparable al de otros idiomas con mejores resultados, pero nos entristece comprobar que no ha sido así.

World of Warships continuará ofreciendo el español como uno de los idiomas disponibles en el juego; así que podréis continuar vuestras épicas operaciones navales contra millones de jugadores de todo el mundo con normalidad.

Si sois seguidores de la página de Facebook de World of Warships, se os redirigirá automáticamente a la versión en inglés de la misma a partir del 15 de marzo.

¡Gracias por vuestro apoyo y nos vemos en alta mar!

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,862 posts
21,644 battles
3 minutes ago, HariSeldon said:

Yes. You can translate it with google or if you need to translate I do it later, It's a real shame and a kick in our spanish asses, just like that, wonder who will be next, this game it's dying and this will help, many spaniards are not fluent in english https://worldofwarships.eu/es/news/common/important-notice-localisations/  

Capitanes:

A partir del jueves, 15 de marzo de 2018, dejaremos de publicar localizaciones españolas en el portal de World of Warships, y las versiones españolas del foro oficial y la página de Facebook dejarán de estar operativas.

Las observaciones de los últimos 18 meses han evidenciado que, por desgracia, los resultados y el crecimiento de la comunidad española no justifican que se le siga prestando servicio de forma específica. Esperábamos que estos servicios se tradujesen en un rendimiento comparable al de otros idiomas con mejores resultados, pero nos entristece comprobar que no ha sido así.

World of Warships continuará ofreciendo el español como uno de los idiomas disponibles en el juego; así que podréis continuar vuestras épicas operaciones navales contra millones de jugadores de todo el mundo con normalidad.

Si sois seguidores de la página de Facebook de World of Warships, se os redirigirá automáticamente a la versión en inglés de la misma a partir del 15 de marzo.

¡Gracias por vuestro apoyo y nos vemos en alta mar!

Pure genius. WG at its finest. "We don't earn enough, so let us earn even less by driving customers away".

That company needs to start firing people for lack of common sense.

Players
2,240 posts
8,469 battles
19 minutos antes, Aragathor dijo:

Afaik, turkish one is going to close too, but not the italian (I guess because is the newest forum opened)

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,324 battles
3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wows/eu/EU

Well... the numbers are climbing and reaching height we almost forgot about... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

But but.. how is my "I have something to complain about and I want to use a declining player count as an argument even if I can't actually make a real connection" argument going to work now? :cap_book:

Ah. nvm, I'll just go "the game would have more players and a higher rising count if not for XYZ". :cap_cool:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,862 posts
21,644 battles
4 minutes ago, Comodoro_Allande said:

Afaik, turkish one is going to close too, but not the italian (I guess because is the newest forum opened)

Expansion WG style. Now with more grand closings. :fish_palm:

[ALONE]
Players
1,418 posts
11,488 battles
19 hours ago, Comodoro_Allande said:

I don't understand this. Really it is so expensive to hire a few translators? If the game has ~15k average instantaneous population in Europe this means that a few times more players actually run the game. 100k?  Even if only, say, 5% are Spanish or Italian, it is still hiring one translator to translate a few texts every day or two for 5000 active customers. 

Too expensive? Really? :cap_cool:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,862 posts
21,644 battles
17 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

I don't understand this. Really it is so expensive to hire a few translators? If the game has ~15k average instantaneous population in Europe this means that a few times more players actually run the game. 100k?  Even if only, say, 5% are Spanish or Italian, it is still hiring one translator to translate a few texts every day or two for 5000 active customers. 

Too expensive? Really? :cap_cool:

The problem isn't having translators or mods, it's the financing allocation and how corporate structures work. Having a Turkish/Spanish/poodle section means not just two unpaid guys keeping a small sub forum going, it means having a whole entry in the corp structure. They have decided that having those sections and supporting the language is not justifying the expenses they have. So they are closing them.

This completely ignores the secondary results of such action, like loss of customers and the associated loss of revenue. There's also company image, which takes a hit as they show that they don't care for their customers.

WG has often shown that they are prone to making large mistakes and it takes them very long to react in order to salvage what they can.

• Cool 1

1,993 posts

In fact...the sub ran with wot spanish staff (overloaded with work) and nothing more. Mods from wot just show there when reports start to stack in massive ways, and the new were often badly translated (in a way that WE the users translate them when important from the english section to our fellow not so fluent in english mates). 

They also close the social pages, FB, Twitter...all spanish related (I can imagine turks too) will be shut down, they give us 15 days where we have to clean or make our own forum dirty (you know? We also have our % of drama queens). And thats it. 

And the closing is not what makes me sad (maybe is even a relief) but the whole image of the action. WG is leaving wows more and more, they dont think wows will mature in a grow up game. I cant remember, maybe wowp was like this too. There will be a time when we could ask when things start going backwards, maybe is this one. IMHO things were slow, but ahead, not we are starting to really get less.