Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DataDemon

friendly fire 0.7.2 WTF???

54 comments in this topic

[TORAZ]
Players
52 posts
19,142 battles

Hello everyone. Since you see that I play in HAMI you may trust me that I do not intend to troll around or getting my teammates killed. 
This patch there is a new interesting feature with friendly fire. In my game I was playing Des Moines, got close to a missouri and, trying to kill off an enemy dd on low hp accidentially hit Missouiri. Well it was not accidential, I knew I would be hitting him but shooting a low hp dd has priority, as missuri was full hp. Well as it happens I dealt 0 damage with my shell on him, but started a fire. Well crap happens, right? (The same can also happen if bbs secondaries hit a friendly ship by chance). Well there was the "stop hurting your allies signal as always". Missouri did not repair, for which I do not blame him. You should never repair 1 single fire, especially since there was a dd nearby. He might have done it to 'punish' me as a lot of random scrubs tend to do, which is dumb aswell, but common in randoms.
Nevertheless, it just so happens that after the 3rd tick (<10 sec!) I became pink already (which sucks but fine so far). At the same time I started to take damage. His fire damage. And not the regular damage, but multiplied. It started with me losing 2k per tick, ending in 22k last tick. And I could not do anyhting. All I did, with full HP, playing as I would play any competitive match, was to set 1 single fire on my teammate which he did not (or could not) repair. End result, I died in less than 15 sec, got the teamkill status and I would even claim my team got one of the best ships in their game killed off for nothing. 
Question 1: WTF Wargaming???
Question 2: Is there any way to do somehting about it?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 3

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Answer 1: Working as intended.

Answer 2: Yes. Think about your priorities.

Seriously, what do you expect to happen? An automated system can't distinguish between an accidentally set fire, an deliberately set fire or a fire set because of whatever stupid reason the committer comes up with.

Btw:

13 minutes ago, DataDemon said:

The same can also happen if bbs secondaries hit a friendly ship by chance

No it can't. Anymore. For several updates now.

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
2,287 posts
11,045 battles

The best thing you can do is simply ignore the pink colour, play the game, don't ram your teammates in those games while you are pink, and you will need less battles to remove the teamkiller status. And yeah, there is nothing you can do about it.

I had the same yesterday where I accidentally did 300 dmg (and killed) a Nurnberg that rammed me while I was aiming at the opponent, got pink instantly :Smile_teethhappy:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,365 battles
23 minutes ago, DataDemon said:

Since you see that I play in HAMI...

... it's weird you don't know what Tungstonid wrote.

edit: You must have done it alot to turn pink mid game with 1 fire in seconds.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,710 battles
35 minutes ago, DataDemon said:

The same can also happen if bbs secondaries hit a friendly ship by chance

I think secomdaries don't do that to allies anymore.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,799 posts
15,093 battles
51 minutes ago, DataDemon said:

Hello everyone. Since you see that I play in HAMI you may trust me that I do not intend to troll around or getting my teammates killed. 
This patch there is a new interesting feature with friendly fire. In my game I was playing Des Moines, got close to a missouri and, trying to kill off an enemy dd on low hp accidentially hit Missouiri. Well it was not accidential, I knew I would be hitting him but shooting a low hp dd has priority, as missuri was full hp. Well as it happens I dealt 0 damage with my shell on him, but started a fire. Well crap happens, right? (The same can also happen if bbs secondaries hit a friendly ship by chance). Well there was the "stop hurting your allies signal as always". Missouri did not repair, for which I do not blame him. You should never repair 1 single fire, especially since there was a dd nearby. He might have done it to 'punish' me as a lot of random scrubs tend to do, which is dumb aswell, but common in randoms.
Nevertheless, it just so happens that after the 3rd tick (<10 sec!) I became pink already (which sucks but fine so far). At the same time I started to take damage. His fire damage. And not the regular damage, but multiplied. It started with me losing 2k per tick, ending in 22k last tick. And I could not do anyhting. All I did, with full HP, playing as I would play any competitive match, was to set 1 single fire on my teammate which he did not (or could not) repair. End result, I died in less than 15 sec, got the teamkill status and I would even claim my team got one of the best ships in their game killed off for nothing. 
Question 1: WTF Wargaming???
Question 2: Is there any way to do somehting about it?

With 11k games you should know:

• this is NOT new
  • this has NOTHING to do with the patch
  • Secondaries CANNOT hit fiendlies for months now...
  • it is supposed to work like that
  • do NOT shoot teammates, easiest solution

You should not wave your clan-tag around if you are that clueless...

• Cool 9

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,956 posts
9,144 battles

And the mirrired damage do not occur if you have no team damage done before.

But you got mirrored damage, and that means you already have team damage inflicted before.

Working as intended.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,956 posts
9,144 battles

unusually, but likely theory

Hami forced him to open a troll thread, with the reminder to stress that he is in [HAMI], and also to ensure that is no troll thread at all. But then writes utter BS where everybody knows that that is BS from such an experienced playeress and try to play the "victim of the system" card.

That's the kind of BS-troll trigger threads that this troll fan club is known for...

Players
3 posts
737 battles

Returning player from open beta - had a game where a friendly destroyer  killed 4 allied ships (inc me!)... how did that happen with this TK system??

Players
3,120 posts
On 3/1/2018 at 6:36 PM, ImperialAdmiral said:

Literally who?

Sit down you *edit.

I'm going to tell you a great story...

Back in the dark ages in World of Tanks... Some guy named Hami from the German forums recruited a shtload of Unikums and forged a competitive Clan.

As the *edit he is he named that clan HAMI. Somehow shts went down. 

Some day he went to WoWs and did the same...

But I'm not done yet!

... Someday Hami was bragging against OM and posted a screenshot... With some green lines on it, so he exposed that he used the forbidden fruit, just let us name it Cheats....

best evening in the German forum EVER.

Sorry for my English, I learned it in a shty school and from Finnish Heavy Metal songs.

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[CAIN]
Players
4,806 posts
20,043 battles
57 minutes ago, enjo said:

Returning player from open beta - had a game where a friendly destroyer  killed 4 allied ships (inc me!)... how did that happen with this TK system??

He may have never done it before, first offenders have much more leeway then serial offenders. 

It also depends how much HP the team mates had left.

A while back, i accidently sank two friendly DDs in two consecutive games and didn't get pink. Don't look at me that way, it wasn't on purpose! It's not my fault that Chung Mu and Fletcher are identical with the exception that one has DW torps and the other one doesn't...and Fletcher ain't the one who does. ^^

Far worse than team damaging potatoes are the DDs on the enemy team.

I watched a YT vid about a OMNI guy who managed to kill 6 (!!!) enemy ships in his DD and didn't get punished! WTF WG?

If i sink 5 enemy s in my DD i usually get reported to kindom come and chat banned on top.

A bug or do OMNI guys get more leeway because of the whole clan shenanigans?

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,710 battles

Didn't the green hitboxes on the Missouri indicate that you'll probably set him on fire? :Smile_hiding:

//edit

Dammit, @Shagga_Felskraehe was faster... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,806 posts
20,043 battles
9 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Didn't the green hitboxes on the Missouri indicate that you'll probably set him on fire? :Smile_hiding:

//edit

Dammit, @Shagga_Felskraehe was faster... :Smile_teethhappy:

Probably not.

Many moons ago, a member of HAMI promised to TK me should i not stop 'spamming the chat'.

I told him to SOD off and 30 seconds later he did infact TK me.

So, TK'ing may be indeed a standing order in the clan. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,701 posts
10,567 battles
16 minutes ago, Shagga_Felskraehe said:

Sorry for my English, I learned it in a shty school and from Finnish Heavy Metal songs.

Spoiler

1135266174529.jpeg

:Smile_teethhappy:

15 minutes ago, Shagga_Felskraehe said:

snip

... Someday Hami was bragging against OM and posted a screenshot... With some green lines on it, so he exposed that he used the forbidden fruit, just let us name it Cheats....

Thanks for this brief explanation. I did read the original thread a bit using my shittyish german skills, but couldn't bother to try to read it all.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,806 posts
20,043 battles
On 3/1/2018 at 7:33 PM, WolfGewehr said:

Reveal hidden contents

1135266174529.jpeg

Thanks for this brief explanation. I did read the original thread a bit using my shittyish german skills, but couldn't bother to try to read it all.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:15 PM, Shagga_Felskraehe said:

Sit down you *edit.

I'm going to tell you a great story...

Back in the dark ages in World of Tanks... Some guy named Hami from the German forums recruited a shtload of Unikums and forged a competitive Clan.

As the *edit he is he named that clan HAMI. Somehow shts went down. 

Some day he went to WoWs and did the same...

But I'm not done yet!

You can make out words in the growls of metal songs? What dark sorcery do you use?

Also link to original thread pls, this must be good... :D

Players
3,120 posts
2 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Hide contents

1135266174529.jpeg

The picture above is you every time Finland is mentioned?

Well I think most of the thread were Memes and that wired fetishes of the CC Cloud

Players
4,053 posts
5,421 battles

It happen to me recently that some allie set fire on me. I could repair but I didnt because I want to punish him. Yea, im quilty..

Players
3,120 posts
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

What dark sorcery do you use?

Alcoholics and other stuff.

2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Also link to original thread pls, this must be good... :D

It's gone, was closed next day and I think that poor @Hedko1 worked the whole day and deleted that BS, 20 sites I think

[CAIN]
Players
4,806 posts
20,043 battles
1 minute ago, Shagga_Felskraehe said:

Alcoholics and other stuff.

It's gone, was closed next day and I think that poor @Hedko1 worked the whole day and deleted that BS, 20 sites I think

That's sad.

WG should lock but archive them, so others can enjoy them...some kind of 'Classics' section.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,701 posts
10,567 battles
1 minute ago, Shagga_Felskraehe said:

The picture above is you every time Finland is mentioned?

No, it's all finns every time Finland is mentioned outside its borders.

4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

You can make out words in the growls of metal songs? What dark sorcery do you use?

Spoiler

40427963.jpg

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,324 battles
2 hours ago, DataDemon said:

Hello everyone. Since you see that I play in HAMI you may trust me

If naming your clan says something about you, then if you're 100% wrong then what does that say about your clan?

[ROT8]
Players
2,733 posts

Saw a HAMI on the enemy team a couple of days ago TK'd by a BOTS for hiding behind a rock the whole game. I did laugh. :Smile_Default: And last night had a HAMI on my team die in a CV (by the enemy CV) and cry and insult for the whole game...I did laugh again. :Smile_Default: 

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,956 posts
9,144 battles
13 minutes ago, Shagga_Felskraehe said:

and deleted that BS

10 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG should lock but archive them

Let me tell you a secret: That's what they do. They never, ever delete any threads. They "just" hide them for the normal users. So everything is still out there... but only WG-employees can enjoy those quality threads.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this