dedave

How do you guys fight at Tier 6 ?

6 comments in this topic

[S-A-S]
Players
2 posts
722 battles

Hi Captains,

i started to play WOWS in february and i loved it.

I started to play IJN CV and i had a lot of fun not that im the best CV Captain but i had fun and that whats matters.

At the end of Tier 5 my stats got good, i bought the Tier 6 and the pain started, i can´t kill anything ,ship has so much AA that 4 planes never can drop the load.

All planes die bevor they reach the Target ?! What do your guys attack with your planes ?

And why can enemy AA shot at my planes if the enemy Ship is in the Fog ?

Thanks for all your awnsers.

Captain dedave.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,907 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, dedave sagte:

And why can enemy AA shot at my planes if the enemy Ship is in the Fog ?

Yes, if there is something out of the fog that spots the planes for him.

About the rest: Yes, it gets harder at T6. +-2 MM, ships with strong AA, more ships with Def-AA. You have to be careful what you attack. Ships in groups are usually a NoGo, certain ships can be No-Fly-Zones even alone.

It can be a good tactic to just wait and spot at the beginning, until the AA of enemy ships has been reduced by HE shells. Or you focus destroyers, which often go alone and have the weakest AA.

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Why do you have only 4 Torp Planes?

You seem to be playing the wrong setup.

You should have 8 Torp Planes that have enough strikepower to heavily damage or kill almost any ship you meet.

You are now playing the hardest to play JPN CV of the whole line ....

It has very low reservers, only 1 Fighter wing (not playing retard setups...), meets heavy AA ships, ...

BUT it has very high strike power for its tier, in fact you have the same strike power than a shokkaku at t8 and only around 1/3 less strike power than a T9/10 CV....

Be patient, dont waste planes, take your time....

Its not about getting a kill 3 Minutes in (if you dont find that lonley DD) its about making it to the end of the game while still having planes after your opponent is empty and cant stop you anymore.

Getting good strafes is also very helpfull - not many people at t6 will be good at strafe doding. But most likley you will not be good at strafing either ;) (thats perfectly fine - CVs dont get mastered playing 100 games.)

Oh and good luck, now learning starts.

Further notes

* ... you have a very very stealthy ship even without CE Cpt (wouldnt recomend anyway at this ship) - you can position yourself quite forward (CVs dont sit at the border of the map)

* Your CV has some of the most solide AA of any tier 6 ship if you can afford manual AA + AFT (okay this needs a 18 pt. cpt....) - kitting back enemy fighters over my own ship is my most common way to kill fighters - saving my total of 10 fighters to kill off enemy bombers or float planes

* you are not the babysitter of your team - never .... and even more at t6 - its a STRIKE CV - you will most likley not stop the enemy CV but you should kill things faster than indi oder an AS ryu - against a 1/2/2 ryu its a damage race.

* you have 5 wings - giving you a lot of spotting power allready on sometimes small maps - lighting up DDs is a good job for the first minutes of the game (saves planes, does something very usefull)

AA and smoke:

Enemies in smoke cant spot your planes, so there AA cant kill your planes.

BUT: Enemies from outside the smoke can spot your planes, enemies in the smoke will be able to shot your spotted planes down even from the smoke.

[S-A-S]
Players
2 posts
722 battles

Thx for the fast awnser!

Yeah i started to play with a List of Ships AA on my 2. Monitor.

And will wait until i start the fight.

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Oh most important advise:

Use Free XP on every CV to research the upgraded planes and the flight module you need.

Stock planes are a pain .... a real pain.

At least upgrade your fighters/TBs - DBs are less important.

If you need to invest 3€ per ship to convert XP to not play "stock" - do it! You will save the 3€ on beers you would need to kill the pain given by playing stock :cap_old:

• Cool 1