Sign in to follow this  
ghostbuster_

Mirrored MM for radar ships

9 comments in this topic

Players
3,398 posts
19,524 battles

@MrConway, @Tuccy

Are we gonna ever get mirrored mm for radar ships? if yes, when? Because having even one radar ship more than the enemy gives such a huge advantage. getting 3 moskvas in one team and 3 hindenburgs in the other one is just r*tarded. Imo wg should focus on fixing bugs we still have and balancing the game/mm/ships, instead of pumping out new premium ships and introducing completely unnecessary features into the game. 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

In before someone asks you to prove beyond a doubt that radar ships have any meaningful impact on winning ...

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

But it's extra fun when your team has 1 less DD than enemies, AND they have all 4 radar ships of that game :Smile_trollface:

This should have been dealt with long ago, it's probably the least balanced thing about MM right now :cap_old: But of course then we get problems like "muh top tier 3x Payfast division" which are unlikely to run into opposition with any radars

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,860 battles
20 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

@MrConway, @Tuccy

Are we gonna ever get mirrored mm for radar ships? if yes, when? Because having even one radar ship more than the enemy gives such a huge advantage. getting 3 moskvas in one team and 3 hindenburgs in the other one is just r*tarded. Imo wg should focus on fixing bugs we still have and balancing the game/mm/ships, instead of pumping out new premium ships and introducing completely unnecessary features into the game. 

19 hours ago, Aotearas said:

In before someone asks you to prove beyond a doubt that radar ships have any meaningful impact on winning ...

Just to validate aeoteras's post:- :Smile_hiding:

Do you have a statistical sample that shows that an imbalance in the number of radar ships affects win rates?

(JK'ing)

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,234 posts
25,032 battles

It gets even better when you're in your tier 7 cruiser or dd, thrown in a tier 9 match where the enemy team gets 5 radar ships vs your team's 1 (and most of them tier 9).

[ALYEN]
Players
2,061 posts
4,003 battles
5 hours ago, tsounts said:

It gets even better when you're in your tier 7 cruiser or dd, thrown in a tier 9 match where the enemy team gets 5 radar ships vs your team's 1 (and most of them tier 9).

Actually I had a game exactly like that .... they had 4 Missouries and a Donskoi, we had one Chapayev ... But it can be better ... imagine a 3v3 DD setup with Khaba/Udaloi/Tash on one side and Shima/Shima/Yugumo on the other side ... totally balanced in domination mode ....

TBH Radar disparity in Standard battle is not a problem, in Domination more it is ... The DD disparity is a problem in both modes ...

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
3,948 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, ghostbuster_ said:

@MrConway, @Tuccy

This is something we might consider, as we are constantly making refinements to the matchmaker, but I cannot promise anything at this point.

• Funny 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
7 minutes ago, MrConway said:

This is something we might consider, as we are constantly making refinements to the matchmaker, but I cannot promise anything at this point.

You should have considered it after Season Belfast a.k.a. Season 6... The Damage is already done!

Players
18 posts
10,814 battles
On 2.3.2018 at 2:15 PM, MrConway said:

MIGHT consider? We may think about it, maybe we won't even waste time doing that? This is clearly a issue that can shift a vast gameplay advantage two one team over the other. I play the Benson at tier 8 alot and I often find myself with one or no radar on my team against a team with three. If the enemy team are no potatoes and they spread out on all three caps there is nothing my teams DD's can do.. but yeah. maybe you might possibly think about it. probably not. but maybe. call me. lol

Sign in to follow this