You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Turion1979

Got an Issue here, anyone knows or can explain what that is?

17 comments in this topic

Question

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles

Hello Guys,

im not sure if anyone of you has encountered this Error / Issue or Bug.

Those Torps are armed on the Marblehead Cruisers but they just pass him, dont even do Dmg. Same with the Divebombers or even Shells in the Hood yesterday, they just fly pass the Target.

The Heck knows what that is again (if you see the 2nd Picture) how they pass the Target

Worse is, on the Start of that Operation, i dont have an Issue killing those 2 DDs. But that Bug or Error DeSync what ever appears in the Middle... or "in" the Operation

Reminds me of some ClanMembers saying, they Aim on a Ship but the Shells just fly pass it. On the last (3rd) Picture you see the same Torps just passing without hit or doing Dmg at all

shot-18.02.28_14.47.04-0120.jpg

shot-18.02.28_14.47.12-0250.jpg

shot-18.02.28_14.47.16-0330.jpg

16 answers to this question

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
3,950 battles

The only thing that can currently cause an issue like this is desynchronization caused by packet loss. So your client is essentially displaying incorrect data.

I would recommend checking your internet connection, we have a tutorial on how to do it in the knowledgebase: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/69/

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles

With high probability, the drop was too close to the island so that torpedo that would have hit wasn't actually there. It's a visual bug that this torpedo was still rendered. But it's a bug nonetheless so you should talk to support.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,447 posts
10,487 battles

yea, that true, especially the one that went through the middle of the ship :cap_wander:

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, von_chom sagte:

it seems to me that torps didnt arm

not sure about exact value, but after dropping them into water they have to travel certain length in order to arm themselves

The torps here had enough time to arm, the drop wasn't too close.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,447 posts
10,487 battles

with the shells its always difficult due to desync etc.

but the torps should be easily reproducxed/checked in training room

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
Vor 38 Minuten, Skycat79 sagte:

The Time Stamp is around 08.30 Min. Where you can see where i aim and where the Shells go, while  i aim for that Cruiser and a 2nd one after him. The Shells just fly pass him

Ok, I think this is not a bug. You just aimed a little bit too high and had bad RNG with the dispersion. The cruisers where coming closer (not 90° angle) so you should have aimed lower to hit them.

You can see the shells are just missing them and not passing through the ship without doing anything.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
6 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

With high probability, the drop was too close to the island so that torpedo that would have hit wasn't actually there. It's a visual bug that this torpedo was still rendered. But it's a bug nonetheless so you should talk to support.

I think this. I've seen a torp going under an island and passing through me too. Same as when you're shooting through an island and these shells pass through the target ship.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,447 posts
10,487 battles

not sure about exact value, but after dropping them into water they have to travel certain length in order to arm themselves

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
Just now, von_chom said:

Had the same idea, but AFAIK not armed torps still hit your hull and don't continue.  

But I am unsure here and do not have an answer.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles
21 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

The torps here had enough time to arm, the drop wasn't too close.

I just played a Random Game afterwards. With my Alabama, no Issues to hit the Shells where they aimed at. As i said, it happend yesterday "not only" with Carriers at all, i played my Hood in the same Operation and i aimed exactly on the Waterline usually where the Citadels are (of the Cruisers) they just fly pass it, without even doing Dmg or disapeared into no where. Also yesterday i did a WG Check run "all OK" same as run the WGLauncher in SafeMode, nothing wrong (like new Files downloaded or anything else)  @Commander_Cornflakes, send a Ticket to Support as well. As i said, it seems that Issue is atm only in Operations (i mean i got 5 Stars already, just play them by fun... ) but its rather annoying.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
Vor 17 Minuten, Skycat79 sagte:

I just played a Random Game afterwards. With my Alabama, no Issues to hit the Shells where they aimed at. As i said, it happend yesterday "not only" with Carriers at all, i played my Hood in the same Operation and i aimed exactly on the Waterline usually where the Citadels are (of the Cruisers) they just fly pass it, without even doing Dmg or disapeared into no where. Also yesterday i did a WG Check run "all OK" same as run the WGLauncher in SafeMode, nothing wrong (like new Files downloaded or anything else)  @Commander_Cornflakes, send a Ticket to Support as well. As i said, it seems that Issue is atm only in Operations (i mean i got 5 Stars already, just play them by fun... ) but its rather annoying.

Do you have a Replay of that Hood game? I'd like to see what exactly happened there.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles
35 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Do you have a Replay of that Hood game? I'd like to see what exactly happened there.

Here : https://replayswows.com/replay/18146#stats

The Time Stamp is around 08.30 Min. Where you can see where i aim and where the Shells go, while  i aim for that Cruiser and a 2nd one after him. The Shells just fly pass him

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles
3 minutes ago, von_chom said:

with the shells its always difficult due to desync etc.

i just searched the Forum, there is nothing at the Moment. The last DeSync Error i found was in 2015 /  16 something like that. In the Closed Beta Phase. I uploaded the Replay as you can see the Shells just fly into nothing. At the 08.30 mins TimeStamp.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles
53 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I would recommend checking your internet connection

I´ve done this already with WGCheck & Pingplotter, send it all to with the Ticket to the Support and see what they can figure out. Usually my ISP here in Germany doesnt cause any Problems since i joined the Closed Beta. Got a 3.0Mbit Down and 1MBit Upload here with usuall 35~ ms Ping to the Server. The weird Thing is, that happends only in the Operations so far... who knows. Thanks anyway for the Tipp.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles
23 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Do you have a Replay

Guys, i dont mind saying this. But the DeSync Happend again in the New Operation Hermes. The Shells just fly pass the Targets and i cant hit them anymore, so Cornflakes its not an Aiming Issue. I fire above the Targets, below, straight towards them, all Shells just pass it without hit, penetrate or bounce. That Desync winds me up right now.

And thats happening ONLY for me in Operations - by what ever Reason. In the New Update as well! And also depending on what @MrConway said, i have done a PingPlot, ISP Check and everything else, its NOT!!! an issue of my Connection or ISP at all

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles

@MrConway i know thats not a Bug Section over here, but i send you a PM with the Screenshots. I have that same Issue again, this Time it happens in ClanBattles. While i try to GunFight a Shimakaze at 5km near me and the Shells just fly pass him. Then he tried to TORP me and the Torps which are obviously NO Deepwater Torps just passed my PanAsian DD... we lost the ClanWars Battle after this and thats not longer funny anymore. As i said in other Topics already - i created WGCheck,DxDiag, even ISP / PingPlotter Reports, Replays, Screenshots and so on. I even did a Clean Install of the Game + Graphic Drivers...

and it wont work... same as i have the Issue as other Mates have, that we press the Fire Button but you wont Fire... like 3 Seconds later the Shots go off your Guns. And its pretty annoying, if you want to Fire on a Enemy Ship and the Shells dont go off. @Commander_Cornflakes see here, i have the same Issue again, but this Time its in Clanwars...

shot-18_03.01_22_10.52-0290.thumb.jpg.823c46b962e8ea01d38a3dbcac487535.jpgshot-18_03.01_22_10.28-0100.thumb.jpg.86e48e6b9b5bdaff9be36dab7eb4983e.jpg