MrConway

Bug Reports

171 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
3,948 battles

Dear captains,

Please share all bugs encountered version 0.7.2 here with the template we provided below. Before submitting your report please check if the bug is listed in our known issues already, in which case no report is necessary.

1. Description

• Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
  • Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

• A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
  • Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

• In-game experience resulting from the bug.
  • Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

• In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
  • Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

• Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

[HEROZ]
Players
52 posts
5,794 battles

1. Description

Lost all ship xp on my Lyon (arround 110k) after the update went live

2. Reproduction steps

Get an account with a Lyon under 0.7.1, farm tons of XP, update to 0.7.2, lose all XP

3. Result

I won't play any game on my Lyon until I get an answer, as I don't know how this would screw me even more. It makes this update quite frustrating.

4. Expected result

Experience should have been retained as promised

[FAITH]
Alpha Tester
38 posts

Experiencing massive FPS drop ever since the update was launched. went from 40-60, to 9-12 FPS. Since I just bought premium, I expect you guys to correct it fast, or give som sort of refund!

• Cool 5

Players
355 posts
11,767 battles

So got 7 of my guys into the new operation, went into the queue and we all got kicked out. Then we reconnected and some of us were locked into battle on some of our screens, we have now recreated the div and it has forced a few members to crash. It also had an attack on all our internets, discord went mad. 

Modder, Supertester
1,300 posts
11,762 battles

1. Description

Using the spectator camera after death, it is posisble to render dead ships on the surface although they should be on the bottom of the ocean.

2. Reproduction steps

Play a game

Die magnificent

Wait until others die as well

Go to the position and wait until the ship is completly sunk and look at the position of the sunk ship.

Now move away with your camera and at a certain distance you can see the ships rendered on the surface again. (see Screenshots)

3. Result

We see "ghosts" of old fellow warriors.

4. Expected result

A ships which got sunk should stay at the bottom of the ocean.

5. Technical details

https://imgur.com/a/nF74O

Screenshots to show how the bug can occour. Happened every round since I've noticed it. (Mind the distance I have towards the ship. Getting closer and they vanish again)

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
11,256 battles

1. Description

Emblems not showing correctly in menus and on profile but fine when you are in game or modifying.  Did so in the previous patch.

2. Reproduction steps

Update to latest version.
3. Result

Emblem not displaying in menus or profile.

4. Expected result

Emblem to show correctly in all game graphics.

5. Technical details

shot-18.03.01_13.39.26-0163.jpg

shot-18.03.01_13.43.10-0894.jpg

• Cool 3

Players
38 posts
8,162 battles

CV control is bugged. It switches between plane groups randomly, fighters sometimes don't strife when they are commanded to, ap bombers in alternative mouse control mode don't do manual drop by left click and torpedo bombers do. You need to select your CV to set AA focus. You didn't need to do this before. I see other players are reporting the same on US forum. 

Players
703 posts
4 hours ago, Arnianor said:

1. Description

Lost all ship xp on my Lyon (arround 110k) after the update went live

2. Reproduction steps

Get an account with a Lyon under 0.7.1, farm tons of XP, update to 0.7.2, lose all XP

3. Result

I won't play any game on my Lyon until I get an answer, as I don't know how this would screw me even more. It makes this update quite frustrating.

4. Expected result

Experience should have been retained as promised

I reported under France Battleships forum same problem

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/97345-french-battleships/?do=findComment&comment=2342547

Players
703 posts

1. Description

Quite ofetn since 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 too, the MiniMap doesn't rotate accordingly to my movements

2. Reproduction steps

Play a Battle and in the middle of Battle the MiniMap get stacked in the same position even if U trurn the ship!

3. Result

MiniMap not rotating, tried to move quickly the mouse around, no effect. It's upside down! After more tries and may be got under enemies fire finally it moves and... you're  dead! See pict attached.

4. Expected result

The MiniMap rotate so you always have the correct view of your ship and battlefield, not upside down!!

5a981f243e5d5_2018-03-01_16h12_29crop.thumb.jpg.c6305a7775eafa44fac12a0725168ba8.jpg

[BOOF]
[BOOF]
Players
118 posts
4,645 battles

1. Playing CVs in map mode clicking on the squadron or ship icon at the bottom of the screen causes the last selected unit to head to the position of the icon on the map

2. Be in the map mode have a squadron selected e.g. fighter vectored to attack enemy torpedo planes, click on the icon for your torpedo planes

3. Your fighters break off their attack and head for the bottom of the map to the spot on it that was directly under the icon for your torpedo planes

4. When you click on the icon for a squadron it does not vector the previous squadron you had selected to the spot on the map under the icon.

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

@MrConway

Serious, almost game breaking bug with carriers.

Description:

You have selected one fighter squadron.

You want to select with multiselection (by holding left click all your strike squadrons) and those squadrons are selected but their DESTINATION is changed to where this selection ended (where mouse pointed).

It cause massive mistakes for professional carriers.

Basically, holding left click to select all squadrons will make them to change path to where your selection ended. meh

• Cool 2

[NOFUN]
Players
32 posts
11,601 battles

I'm dropping FPS like crazy in this patch. From 55-60fps down to 7-12fps. Haven't changed anything in graphics settings, i even tried to lower my graphics settings, as i tought maybe it would solve the problem. It didn't. Game is unplayable. 

• Cool 2

[ZION]
Players
9 posts
4,440 battles

Another issue:  Minimap icons disfigured

1. Description

The in-game minimap icons are disfigured after last update. They look like giant blobs taking up half of the map. Probably some scaling issue.

2. Reproduction steps

Played a number of games. Same result. Map icons disfigured.

3. Result

Beside from the fact that it looks horrible, the minimap has lost it's key functionality - pinpointing enemy ships. A ship can now be +/- 500 meters because if the large icon. 

4. Expected result

Fix the error and restore the map icons

Thanks for a great game!

ads.JPG

• Cool 1

Players
1,121 posts
12,785 battles

Description: Additional information interface/ UI not displayed correctly.

Reproduction steps:

1. Select missouri. or New Orleans (probably any ship at all, these two are tested with equal result)

2. enter random battle.

3. Press H to display UI

Result:

UI displays, but completely in the wrong place. Above the speed and auto pilot indicator.  

Expected result:

UI displays in correct position at the right border of screen.

Technical details:

Currently i cannot provide a screenshot, will attempt to follow up with one. 

Yours sincerely

Isoruku_Yamamoto

wowsUI.PNG

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto
providing screenshot, tested second ship

[PCI]
Players
63 posts
8,201 battles

1. Description

• In-match the client tends to lag after 7.2

2. Reproduction steps

• Entering random battles

3. Result

• Difficult to aim properly, to move visual to check surrounding and so on

4. Expected result

• Should just be smooth like before

Players
423 posts

Hi WG.

In your info about update 0.7.2 you say that that you have fixed the magazine detonation and this will not happen if ship is about 70% full health, then why am i getting detonated at 90-100% full health, and enemy teams get far more detonation now than before update. (STILL HAPPENING MORE FREQUENT)

You also say the you have fixed the matchmaking system to make it fairer, then why are all enemy ships higher tier or far stronger even most ship lower than me have higher stats that out match me or over half the team i'm on. (A LOT WORSE)

In earlier updates you say you have changed the smokescreen system that you can no longer go undetected when firing from smoke, then why is it the when i'm in smoke or behind not firing i get hit with impunity, there is no radar etc to spot me either, and when enemy are in smoke not only can i not see them or anyone behind smoke they fire upon me and still stay unseen. (NOT FIXED OR FAR WORSE)

You lie to us about these so called fixes/changes like it a good thing and you expect us to respect or enjoy any new patches you make, when the patches with the so called fixes have not been fixed are still there or worse. 

Players
1 post
5,984 battles

1. Description

snice the new patch, client lags during battles

2. Reproduction steps

• Entering every battle snice the newest patch

3. Result

• pretty simple a laggy game stops being enjoyable

4. Expected result

• never lagged before so the expected result should be pretty simple, a game that doesnt lag ;)

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
176 posts
16,937 battles

1. Description

• Manual Drop With tier 6+ CV not working (under "alternative controlls")
  • Manual droped 1 time , Alt + Leftclick, Now ALT+left click does NOTHING (only a bliep sound, NO drop no strafes) or it selects the highst numberd sqadron.
  • Manual drop still doable wiht ALT + RIGHT-click!

2. Reproduction steps

• Play CV tier 6+ with "alternative controlls on" (since "conventional still has a hugely bigger UI lag), Manual drop once with ALT+leftclick. Bug is activated

3. Result

• CV controlles randomely swaps in match. Making CV unplayable.

4. Expected result

• Still be able to use Manual drop / straves with ALT+leftclick,
  •  

5. Technical details

I can send replay but since its about controll and input issues i dont think it would help. In general this:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/152394-cv-alternative-control-left-click-command-bug/

• Cool 1

Players
1,423 posts
8,825 battles

1 Description:

When using manual AA on carriers the autopilot it's automatically engaged towards that position

2: Play a carrier with Manual AA, select the carrier and select an enemy squad to attack.

3: The squadron is selected for being attacked with AA, BUT at the same time the autopilot it's engaged towards that same place!

4: Working controls, unscrew what someone did on this patch.
(actual expected result: when selecting an enemy squad to attack autopilot SHOULDN'T be engaged)

Edited by Sargento_YO
Replaced the "Zuiho" for a carrier since it happens with any other.

Players
353 posts
20,403 battles

1. Description

• Lag/temporarily freezing related bug report

2. Reproduction steps

• I play a match and for example hold the ctrl-key to be able to get a mouse cursor to click on targets for AA or secondary guns. (specially when close to enemy ships)

3. Result

• The game freezes for between 1 and 4 seconds , possibly loading some data during this event.

4. Expected result

• I would expect no freeze-lags

5. Technical details

• This is in no way related to my hardware as the whole game and OS is running on/from a extremely fast M2-SSD Drive.

• My Hardware is as follows:
    CPU: I7-6700K (4Gh, stock clock speed)
    RAM: 32 GB DDR 4 y , (Corsair 2400Mhz CL14 Vengeance)
    GFX: Asus Strix GTX 1080 TI
    Resolution: 3440x1440@100hz

• This problem is new in 0.7.2 and I did not experience it in 0.7.1 
  • I run Aslain's mod but the issue exists with and without the mod.

NvidiaInfo_msinfo_and_dxdiag.zip

Best Regards

Charlie Candergart

• Cool 1

[OLEUM]
Players
60 posts
21,017 battles

1. Description

a) FPS drop and/or lags - 0.7.2 brought this, usually not first couple games but after some time, game starts to be difficult to play. Have to restart client. Happening on both my machines.

b) in game, when typing message and you type "h", mssage with ship details appears for short like you were not in message mode

c) once my dock screen got screwed, buttons dissappeared, some ship thumbnails were smaller. couldn't exit game correctly. Had to take it down from task manager. Happened only once so far, never before update though.

2.Reproduction

a)play long enough

b)constant behavior

c)don't know

3) Result

a) unplayable after couple games

b) a bit distructing and annoying

c) game hasto be restarted

5. Technical details

happening on both PC (GTX960, Intel i5, ASUS gaming motherboard, Win 10) and laptop Lenovo Legion (nVidia 1050, Intel i5, Win10)

• Cool 3

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
9,691 battles

Experiencing a lot of FPS Drops in battle since the new patch. Especially in close range duels or when launching torps.

Previously between 50-70 FPS but since patch often drops below 20-30 FPS. Haven't changed any graphics settings and didn't get fixed when lowering some.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles

For me the ultra sound quality bug has gotten worse

After the client has been on for 2-3 hours the sound goes extremely low quality, crackles and microstutters everytime you enter sniper mode or fire main guns, and the FPS goes to absolute crap, especially when panning the camera.

Its like back in World of Tanks early years where they had issues with sound caching/the way sound loaded as it was tailored for potato PCs with no regards whatsoever to people with SSDs or above 2GB ram(yes...) etc which caused issues for Everyone as a result. When you fired autocannons that are essentially machineguns, you got a microstutter each time you fired due to a similar issue. People got small microstutters when they fired and were close to tanks firing as well, thinking the client had low performance due to the game engine when the issue lied completely in the sound engine/the way sound loaded/cached and how tanks loaded in (microfreeze each time a tank was spotted and rendered)

The current WoWS performance issues that arrived with 0.7.1 are very similar except it has to do with client uptime.

i7 6700K, GTX 1070, 16GB ram and Asus Xonar Essence STX. Restarting the client solves all these issues till the client has been on long enough again for these to appear.

• Cool 1