MrConway

Campaign "The Gold of France"

24 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
3,950 battles

Please leave any general feedback regarding the Campaign "The Gold of France" here.

You can find a detailed breakdown of the campaign on our portal here.

• Bad 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

"Hit 1 Citadelle AND win the battle"?

Gee thanks for more missions who reley on the fact that your team is not braindead, mine are always when you guys start some events (I know you don't like me to play this game but yeah...).

Yes you can doi it in Co-Op but damn...

Here is an Idea for you:

"Win the battle, kill one ship, to 100k with main guns, 100k with fire, 100k with torps - get something most people won't use anyway because it is for a bad premium ship"

[D-I-A]
Players
16 posts
4,730 battles

part 2 of the campaign , 1800 ribbons. 1200 ribbons and 1000 ribbons.

Seriusly 1800 ribbons?

That insane ammount dont make any sense, compared too part 1 and 3 of the campaign.

maybe typo? someone ment 180? and entered 1800 ribbons?

Kinda took the fun out of the whole campaign.

(but well grind on) :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

Players
703 posts

Ok, I tested it in Public Test, but sorry, why the heck Credits made in the French "Hermes Scenario" do not count for the 1 Step (to be repeated many times...) of 1.800.000 crredits made with French ships Tier VI and above??? I wasted 200k by now...

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, RedAnark said:

Ok, I tested it in Public Test, but sorry, why the heck Credits made in the French "Hermes Scenario" do not count for the 1 Step (to be repeated many times...) of 1.800.000 crredits made with French ships Tier VI and above??? I wasted 200k by now...

Probably bcuz those missions can be done in Random and Co-op not Operations? Pretty clear you know

10 hours ago, sgtstav3 said:

part 2 of the campaign , 1800 ribbons. 1200 ribbons and 1000 ribbons.

Seriusly 1800 ribbons?

That insane ammount dont make any sense, compared too part 1 and 3 of the campaign.

maybe typo? someone ment 180? and entered 1800 ribbons?

Kinda took the fun out of the whole campaign.

(but well grind on) :Smile_medal:

It's not just main battery hits, it's all ribbons.

But to complete it just step back from BBs and play some CA/Ls and DDs - especially the spamming ones :cap_like:

Players
21 posts
7,253 battles

The campaign feels all right, missions are overall accessible.

Except stage 2 where you have to farm ribbons....

So I'm having fun farming in coop with french cruisers.

And by having fun, I mean getting bored in a way I didn't think it was possible when playing a game :fish_sleep:

Please don't do that again.

That appart, as I said the other missions are all right.

• Cool 1

[X-MAS]
Beta Tester
286 posts
16,114 battles

Considering that French Battleships (expecially Tier VIII Richielieu) are an important part of this limited campaign to conclude fast the missions, I think that 4 weeks are a time too limited. And also that final Rewards are not so good (3 Permanent Camouflage but only 1 for a standard ship - Richelieu).

Players
423 posts

Hi WG.

Some of the Campaign/combat missions don't work first out or show any results till played second or third time in play.

And why have you placed in the third ones of all three that you need the winning DD to play them, What are you thinking, how dumb is it to win a said DD you have to play that said DD which is now the hardest ship to win than any other ship to win. 

[LEGO]
Players
2 posts
7,721 battles

Hiding quick progress for the first part of the Campaign behind having buoght the Aigle or invest major FreeXP to grind to Battleships from Tier 8 onwards has a foul taste of moneygrabbing.

While I do see the intention to make this a specificly french campaign, limiting access and progression to the tasks makes it a bad experience compared to previous campaigns like the Hunt for Bismarck.

[-FC-]
Players
340 posts
12,315 battles

I have to say, this is the worst of the Campaigns so far.  The whole business of winning (or not) BBs out of crates brings a whole random element to the campaign that just make me mad ... and I am sure that I am not alone.  You should be able to earn them by completing missions, not trust to luck (or be shat on by lady luck, if that's your karma).  Please don't do this again WG - I have really enjoyed the previous campaigns, and am fine with the Aigle campaign. 

• Cool 2

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

So grindy, basically you're forced to either high tier French BB or buy that DD. Guess the DD will be given out in a few days.

Very meh...

Players
773 posts
6,997 battles

For me campaign was too easy. Completed it in two days. Rewards are ok, free premium camos are always nice.

[NWNC]
Players
78 posts
18,063 battles

Seriously stop flooding the game with camos and stuff that make the ships look like crap. I dont want that golden stuff on my BBs it looks stupid...

I would rather see more signal flags with the kind of bonus a camo gives...or at least give the option to hide all disco camos in game (like the IJN manga crap)

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
289 posts
18,528 battles
9 hours ago, Oderisson said:

For me campaign was too easy. Completed it in two days. Rewards are ok, free premium camos are always nice.

Easiness depends lot on ships you have. With Richelieu or T9/10 BB it will go fast or with Aigle. If you need to do 1 and 2 star missions repeatedly it will be much harder and slower.

Not all have shinies before they grind them.

[EXCEL]
Players
5 posts
5,172 battles

As others have said, the BB tier 8+ is too much, I don't mind 1 task being locked behind a paywall/free XP/RNG container wall but 2 (and ofc the most efficient ones) is too much.

It really is rather strange that the "all French ships" task 2 are tier 6+ and yet the line that's introduced needs tier 8+, so if you don't want to (or can't) spend a load of free XP/money you need to grind all the way to tier 8. I'm pretty sure by that point you'll have pretty much done the campaign by just repeating task 1 and doing task 2 once you get to the tier 6 and 7 of the battleships.

[-FC-]
Players
340 posts
12,315 battles

Some commercial reality is needed - WG has to have a reason to persuade players to take a short cut by buying the Aigle, or spending gold to free XP the higher BBs. SO we cannot blame them for that, esp since you can still get to the end goal without spending gold.  

BUT, for crying out loud make it more fun pls WG.  Grinding out game after game in the same limited number of French ships to get the 1500 ribbons, only to have to do it AGAIN.  Naah - as a clan mate would say, that's pissing on my chips.  No fun.  Please think again next time round WG.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
1 post
8,179 battles

3 out of 4 tasks per mission behind pay wall/RNGesus blessing takes the fun out of it.

Also it would be nice to mix things up a bit with the tasks in the missions. It is like the campaigns, where one mission in the campaign is aimed at one, at the most two, ship types at the time. 

[LGN]
Players
5 posts
4,212 battles

the grind is real lol, doesnt even look worth it. also, the frensh BB's shoot like crap.. lol 

Players
423 posts

Hi WG.

When i played this in the test server i completed it with ease with exception of getting the Agile test server was not going long enough to do that.

Now it's in the main game why is it near to impossible to get one task completed.

I turn them off i get what the required tasks need to complete, but turning them on and i get nothing what the F is going on don't you want players to win or have we got to waste money to buy said items to win. 

[SINC]
[SINC]
Beta Tester
4 posts
9,385 battles

Hi,

Would really appreciate if an option for turning off those camos in game was ended. Been surprised to see those awful camos while in battle twice before realising that you can't turn them off is really annoying. Might be nice for kids but it's just killing off the immersion for me. Thanks. 

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,052 battles

I really dislike the design of this campaign. I usually don't mind some pay to progress element. but here are just to many hoops to jump through.

[-G0M-]
Players
85 posts
19,828 battles

I would like to see a filter, similar to North Cape and Bismarck that allows for my eyes not to be assaulted by the Maid of Orleans and other wacky French camouflages.  

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
420 posts
6,883 battles

The "1800 ribbons" style missions are way too grindy for a nation that mostly has slow reloading guns. 

Apart from that, the campaign was alright, and synergized well with the Aigle missions. I only lament that the camos it offered clash with camos being sold. If you developed the "Republic" camos for Gascogne and Richelieu, why not put those as rewards? And if you don't want to do that, because those are to be sold, then why develop the "Maid of Orleans" for the same ships? Why not make those for, say, Lyon and Alsace? To say nothing of things developed for the Dunkerque, which already has an awesome camo.

To be quite honest, I was almost tempted to buy the Republic camo for Richelieu, but I already won the Orleans one, and it's not like getting more camos for the same ship has any advantage so... meh.