Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jellicoe1916

Possibly Varyag's easter egg

4 comments in this topic

[O-R-P]
Players
2,320 posts
22,861 battles
On 28.02.2018 at 7:10 PM, Jellicoe1916 said:

Found this on Varyag, sort of looks like the base of an artillery piece?

Varyag Potential Easter Egg.png

Where did You get this?

Telling the truth Varyag is one of the most waiting warships on WoWs by me.

Russian pre WWI vessels have at least 2 Baranowski's type field guns on board as weapons of landing troops arnament.

Beta Tester
274 posts
9,732 battles
29 minutes ago, Marblehead_1 said:

Where did You get this?

Telling the truth Varyag is one of the most waiting warships on WoWs by me.

Russian pre WWI vessels have at least 2 Baranowski's type field guns on board as weapons of landing troops arnament.

Website called gamemodels3d

I can only see the 1 mount, but maybe a reference to them?

[O-R-P]
Players
2,320 posts
22,861 battles
27 minutes ago, Jellicoe1916 said:

Website called gamemodels3d

I can only see the 1 mount, so maybe a reference to them?

Thanks for info. It looks like Viking can be faster suspected than I think of it.  Apart from  Yamashiro and De Ruyter is one of most awaited warships for me. Together with Iwami on tier II.

As I know this guns were carried by russian batlleships at this time too and many big Tsar warships.  For Sure I  read this in few modeller books but it can be wrong as this was in  modeler book. But in few history books about First Russo-Japanese  wchich I have in my shelf they were mentioned too.  As I remember Russian gunboat Korrieyets ( ukrainian instruction of carton model from Bumagnoje Modielirowanje in 1:200 scale talks about this too )  carry 2 of them as far as battleship Petropvlovsk. There were examples. Few books in my native language mentions this weapon in armory of tsarist warships too. Colonial troops must carry more weapons than normal troops. Machineguns, handguns, rifles and even canons to be able to react to situation in colonys.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnellfeuerkanone_Modell_Baranowski German article about this gun wchich includes Varyag.

Colonial warships as Varyag can have this weapon as answer to situation in China ( Boxer rebelion in example ) during the first ten years of XX century. It can be logical explanation. Second gun can be regular stockpile or simple paper load onboard. Russian sources I think can be most reliable ( Morskaya Kollekcya in example has one book about Varyag )  I speak russian but not to much.

Sign in to follow this