You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Cleveland (T8) - Shell Arcs

How do you feel about Cleveland shell arcs  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Cleveland shell arcs

• I love them. I want them to stay - with improved velocity to compensate for T8.
    • I hate them. I would like more flat arcs.

18 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Just out of curiosity...  how do you feel about Cleveland shell arcs.

Since it is being reworked for T8 perhaps this is the time to lay this out.

Personally I love them and would hate to see them changed.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,254 posts
26,701 battles

:Smile_amazed: dang HELL NO!!1!111!1!.... given i hated the arcs with a passion while level through the line (and being the noob i might still be :Smile_great:), nowadays i gotta say: who wants them changed does not understand the ship! the arcs are ESSENTIAL for the ships' survival! no, nein, njet, nix da, nada, HERESY :Smile_child:

btw: might give an "idc" option for poll ;).

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
1 minute ago, MrWastee said:

:Smile_amazed: dang HELL NO!!1!111!1!.... given i hated the arcs with a passion while level through the line (and being the noob i might still be :Smile_great:), nowadays i gotta say: who wants them changed does not understand the ship! the arcs are ESSENTIAL for the ships' survival! no, nein, njet, nix da, nada, HERESY :Smile_child:

btw: might give an "idc" option for poll ;).

I dont care for those who dont care. :)

• Funny 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

An increased range, with the same shell-flight-time for the new max-range as for the current max range. So a slight increase in muzzle velocity, but still fairly arc-y trajectories.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,131 battles
6 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

An increased range, with the same shell-flight-time for the new max-range as for the current max range. So a slight increase in muzzle velocity, but still fairly arc-y trajectories.

that, pretty much. which isnt possible in the poll as is.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,902 posts
21,623 battles

I think they increased the drag tremendously after CBT when they hit Cleve hard with the nerf hammer. Just reverting that along with increasing her range would make her a perfectly fine gunnery platform for T8.

• Cool 3

Players
1,915 posts

I love the Cleveland arcs at T6, but i think it will be a problem in T8 MM. Since you constantly play on big open maps and when you shoot a BB, they turn away like little monkeys. And chasing ships with a Cleveland at T8 with those arks. Woh. Not gonna be fun. Very nice if someone is pushing towards you, but lets be honest. Most players in this game run away as soon as they get hit. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
30,934 posts
15,694 battles

The problem with the arcs is that they work only for the Tier VI range, at longer range, the flight time increases by a huge ammount.

Similar arcs at long range without a huge flight time increase lead to flatter arcs at lower ranges.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,150 posts
29,675 battles
54 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I dont care for those who dont care. :)

I don't care for those that didn't care that I cared for those that did care.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
4 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I don't care for those that didn't care that I cared for those that did care.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck If a woodchuck could chuck wood?

• Funny 3

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,070 posts

All WG needs to do is un nerf the Cleveland back to her late CBT / Early Live format ..... give her a heal and a few more HP and .... voila perfect T 8 Cruiser!

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

Top tip.

Cleveland super heavy AP has much better flight times than the light HE shells and can wreck ships at range, it's arguably the best 6" AP in the game! (nice combo of decent flight times, plunging and high pen. Neptune and Minotaur should've got this type of shell but WG gave them poor drag for some reason...)

Players
3,202 posts
18,593 battles
23 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Top tip.

Cleveland super heavy AP has much better flight times than the light HE shells and can wreck ships at range, it's arguably the best 6" AP in the game! (nice combo of decent flight times, plunging and high pen. Neptune and Minotaur should've got this type of shell but WG gave them poor drag for some reason...)

Well, lacking that AP didnt keep my Neptune from citadelling monty from 14 km range (some wierd plunging fire weak spot i assume)

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles

I dont think they should change artifically. The only thing that should change is that the HE shells should get flatter arcs as the HE velocity is much higher. Just like with DM and Baltimore. So if its treated the same as those I dont mind.

tl;dr AP the same as Minotaur or Neptune, and HE more akin to Mogami with 155s.

• Cool 1

Players
910 posts
10,070 battles
14 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Just out of curiosity...  how do you feel about Cleveland shell arcs.

Since it is being reworked for T8 perhaps this is the time to lay this out.

Personally I love them and would hate to see them changed.

Well given that it fired heavy very slow projectiles, the arcs will stay. All the gun performance in the game is historically based.

• Cool 1

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles
17 hours ago, nambr9 said:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck If a woodchuck could chuck wood?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, a woodchuck would chuck wood as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck. obviously.

• Funny 1

[S-L-C]
Beta Tester
205 posts
1,407 battles

Don't know, never really bought in on the orbital cannons on the Cleveland. Don't get me wrong, still love this ship but I do believe she would benefit from flatter arcs.

Nothing too radical, just extend her range and increase velocity.