Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_t8l4zMCg9b3k

CV Changes (Year of the CV?)

20 comments in this topic

Players
148 posts

Hello Guys,

just have a little question about a sentence i heared a lot in the last months.

I heared several times 2018 will be the year of the CV and some rumors that the playstyle of CV should change and some things like this...

So perhaps somebody can help me with that what does it means, are there any specific informations about it.

I ve to say i am no CV player, just low tiers after over 5k battles. For me its just something i am curious about cause i heared it so many times in the last 5 or six weaks.

Perhaps somebody hear can tell me what this means and if there is any truth in it...

Thank you Guys :D

Players
148 posts

Well - shame on me, no it was meant seriously.

Lol thats very embarrassing...

Just thought cause there are always guys complaining about "CV's are so OP" that it was meant  serious that WG will make some changes on CVs...

Well thank you ... :(

Players
148 posts

I love them too, sitting in my DM :cap_rambo:

Till now i was just too retarded to get played well with them so i hope perhaps it will become easier that even i can manage it to play well with them 

Ok so there is not planned that there will be any sigificant changes in the near future of the CV, in playstyle and so on?

Players
1,022 posts
5,416 battles
28 minutes ago, Nebu__ said:

Till now i was just too retarded to get played well with them so i hope perhaps it will become easier that even i can manage it to play well with them 

Ok so there is not planned that there will be any sigificant changes in the near future of the CV, in playstyle and so on?

Nobody knows. The truth is they are very difficult to change and achieve balance at the same time. We have discussed that in length on this forum. The search function will yield many results. 

It is however telling that pretty much since release the only additions were premiums and I for one doubt we'll ever see a third tech tree line. 

[AAO]
Players
1,228 posts
13,829 battles
32 dakika önce, Nebu__ dedi:

Not sure if its near or not but rework will come for sure. Maybe end of 2018 or beginning of 2019 but it will come.

[AAO]
Players
1,228 posts
13,829 battles
10 dakika önce, Nebu__ dedi:

Ah ok so thats about they are talking, a rework, are there any informations about?

So there will be or at least there are soime plans for masive changes of the CVs

As much as they said, it will be huge change. But no informations about it, yet.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,277 posts
24,688 battles
22 minutes ago, Accelerated said:

Not sure if its near or not but rework will come for sure. Maybe end of 2018 or beginning of 2019 but it will come.

Somebody is optimistic today :cap_like:

[AAO]
Players
1,228 posts
13,829 battles
2 dakika önce, Profilus dedi:

Somebody is optimistic today :cap_like:

Don't hurt my dreams :Smile_ohmy:

Players
3,130 posts
10,057 battles

I hope so....And they wanna know why people don't play CV's that much? Just look at the 2 new lines that are coming out.

French BBs

Another BB line with Great AA.  Please see ALSAC, LYON and FRANCE for more details. Merry Christmas.

US cruiser split

Even more AA it will make CV captains eyes bleed

Another Great year for CV players. Never gets old.

And i bet my mortgage that the deck armour on the French BB's are crap vs AP bombs.  But who cares right :cap_tea:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,277 posts
24,688 battles
8 minutes ago, Accelerated said:

Don't hurt my dreams :Smile_ohmy:

Wasn't my intention. If the rumours about rework are true i hope it comes ASAP so i can start grinding my cv-s and maybe even get somewhat skillful with them. Have not taken my cv play seriously yet bc of that "soon" rework. Seems pointless to learn to play them if i have to relearn it all "soon".

• Cool 1

Players
94 posts
3,239 battles

Hopefully it’s not only about the Zeppelin coming back...

I have listened to one of the youtubers who stated how difficult fixing CVs would be (well he assumed that they will throw the RTS thing overboard).

I disagree with him though. I am not a long-term player but maybe that’s why i am not that rigid when i see how it works.

A few simple things how they could change things:

1) Make a separate Screen just for CVs that replaces map for them, and is responsive and user friendly. Right now you have map where you have overview but can’t control properly and much too close birds view where you can control but have no oversight. Incredibly frustrating and clunky.

2) In the same way give squadrons more tactical options or « stances » like retreat from enemy AA or fighter planes, keep a ship spotted but stay at max range and such.

3) Maybe let any fighter squadron retreat (even not strafing ones) which makes the click on duels to the death less frequent. If the other squad pursues unmolested they will maybe rack up more kills but its not all or nothing. In lower tiers this happening is the dumbest thing ever. You have the better engagement? Too bad now my planes are doomed and i only have 3 surplus. And no way to escape. Frustrating!

4) Rework panic effect and plane losses. Right now you have Ships where you can not get into any aura or your squad is gone in 5 seconds. On some ships AA outranges the planes spotting. You accidentally get planes close to a ship you don’t see and next the whole squadron is gone. Besides that it is highly illogical that a ship crew spots planes before getting seen by a squadron, it’s really bad game design that you run into something invisible but before you can pull back with the clunky controls, you’re toast.

On the other hand some ships you can strike them and delete them no problem.

Planes need to take much less and much slower losses from AA.

In return let any Ship, not only defensive fire ones, panic a squadron they are manually targeting after a few seconds in function of their AA strengh.

Maybe also make plane torps spottable further so any ship can dodge them more effectively.

5) With these changes, Carriers would lose planes slower and have an impact on the game longer, but also get less devastating strikes and such. So less damage done. To compensate, up their rewards for killing enemy planes and spotting significantly. More rewards for being useful without deleting enemy ships in one blow with little counterplay is positive for everyone, right?

This would make the game less frustrating for both sides! Which would be key to have more CV players but less complaining if there is the occasional good one, since dominating the game becomes much less frequent, as well as total fail CVs will become less frequent.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
54 minutes ago, Accelerated said:

soon™

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,236 posts
14,342 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Nebu__ said:

Hello Guys,

just have a little question about a sentence i heared a lot in the last months.

I heared several times 2018 will be the year of the CV and some rumors that the playstyle of CV should change and some things like this...

So perhaps somebody can help me with that what does it means, are there any specific informations about it.

I ve to say i am no CV player, just low tiers after over 5k battles. For me its just something i am curious about cause i heared it so many times in the last 5 or six weaks.

Perhaps somebody hear can tell me what this means and if there is any truth in it...

Thank you Guys :D

There was some info from @Sub_Octavian recently:

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/105679-а-может-ли-леста-в-баланс/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-4438899

and re-posted here and on Reddit...

CV rework

Carriers are really a bad spot in terms of game balance. We are working on a full restart of this class, and we intend to solve the following problems:

• excessive influence on the fight,
  • a huge skill gap and complexity of training,
  • a huge gap in air defense and protection from AB (all or nothing),
  • the possibility of total roflstomp (?)(especially at high tiers).

We want the aircraft carriers to play more interestingly and cheerfully, so that they fit more organically into the game, so that their popularity grows, not harming the balance and not causing a negative reaction from the players (now, with all these problems, they are also not very popular, which is bad for the confined in air defense ships). This is really a huge and very difficult task, and right now we are not ready to talk about the work in more detail, and to give promises at this stage is premature. But this is one of the key priorities for the year, so we will try, and you - wait for news, but later.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

Players
1,567 posts
10,261 battles

Here is how it will be:

LIke in WOT, ppl moan.
Like in WOT, after decade WG try to do something.
LIke in WOT , they nerf ALPHA.

Like I WOT , we get some shitty support class with deploying smoke instead of torpedo bombers.

Like in WOT, we [edited]up arty

Congrats, we have rework.

• Cool 1

Players
94 posts
3,239 battles
33 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Here is how it will be:

LIke in WOT, ppl moan.
Like in WOT, after decade WG try to do something.
LIke in WOT , they nerf ALPHA.

Like I WOT , we get some shitty support class with deploying smoke instead of torpedo bombers.

Like in WOT, we [edited]up arty

Congrats, we have rework.

I have played my fair share of (including competitive) WoT back in the day.

I was mostly a non-Arty player, and barring th occasional oneshot, i have always felt there was way more counterplay in WoT (use the damn cover) conpared to CVs.

Likewise AA ships just instadelete squadrons in WoWs. That was also a problem arty never has known.

Players
148 posts

Well i didn't want to start a new disscussion about CV here...

But now when u are talking about i give my **** to this topic too

For me CV are really ok i dont complain at all about the people whinig about it.

For me the only missing balance here is the hoges differents of strengths of the AA.

For example, one team got a doubble DM, the other one a doubble Zao, thats the only lack i can see here. The CV fighting against the DM has a real problem, thats all i can find in unbalance...

Sure crap happens and u got torped but its about you not to go somewhere alone with the Yamato...

Now while i am writing another real crap about CV is the sensitive of the german BBs towards AP Bombs i think there shoud be kind of RNG like u got it on citadel hits.

ATM the CV player ignores the whole team just to get his Bombs to the nemey Bismark and Tirpitz cause its a 80% onehit. Thats crap cause u cant protect urself from that ....

So my short opinion, CV are strong yes but i would say they arent really unbalanced. If u attack with 10 Planes and 7 of them can drop their torps and the guy in the ship manages it to avoit 2 or 3 for me its well balanced...

But i am not a CV driver so blame me if i am wrong :cap_wander_2:

Sign in to follow this