Atorpad

CV please dont let them spot me!

5 comments in this topic

[ARYA]
Players
595 posts
15,291 battles

Hi

i'm a below average player (not hiding mt stats and not ashamed of) and i'm having fun playing this game. but today something made me very unhappy . CV yes the almighty CV!

as a teamwork to do i think it is CV captain's job to prevent enemy planes spot DDs and their torps . am i right ?!

after asking and asking and asking to do the favor from our team both CVs finally one of them said "relax,it is just a game"!!! and as a  result enemy CVs were spotting me constantly with 2 fighter +2 bomber+ 2 torpedo squads !!!! i did manage to land some torps but the overall result was another defeat !!!!

so is it CV's job to prevent and cover DDs or not?!

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
24 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

...so is it CV's job to prevent and cover DDs or not?!...

No. 

How can a CV cover multiple DDs on their team, as well as all their other tasks?

Players
3,130 posts
10,062 battles
9 hours ago, Atorpad said:

Hi

i'm a below average player (not hiding mt stats and not ashamed of) and i'm having fun playing this game. but today something made me very unhappy . CV yes the almighty CV!

as a teamwork to do i think it is CV captain's job to prevent enemy planes spot DDs and their torps . am i right ?!

after asking and asking and asking to do the favor from our team both CVs finally one of them said "relax,it is just a game"!!! and as a  result enemy CVs were spotting me constantly with 2 fighter +2 bomber+ 2 torpedo squads !!!! i did manage to land some torps but the overall result was another defeat !!!!

so is it CV's job to prevent and cover DDs or not?!

In the nicest possible way m8....Play them and find out. :cap_tea: I wanted to know what it like to be on the other end so i played DDs up to the Kiev (old) and Benson.  Now i'm god awful in them but i can seriously say that only a hand full of times have i died due to a CV player spotting me up all game.  Reason?

1) only 50% of the games actually had a CV in it

2) I have defensive AA on all US DD's

Regarding the 2), i know what a Mann can do to planes that hover too long over them.  They do just fine for such a small DD :cap_cool:.  By the time your smoke clears, the group of planes are dead. Not met a CV yet in 3 games in my Benson but i can only imagine its better, not worse.  But i'm so bad in DD's they don't even need to spot me permanently to kill me :Smile_teethhappy:

CV captains have a hundred and one things to do and spotting is one of them, but with the possibility to manage 8 planes at once, its not easy. Quite often i spot a dd up and do something else and by the time i come back, they are already dead.  If the team blapped him then it was worth it, but i don't expect my planes to come back unscathed.

You probably picked a god awful DD's that cant deal with planes  at all (like a IJN one, Shimmy or Kammy).  You have to come to peace with that selection.  You want great torps? then the sacrifice is it's guns and AA.  You wouldn't be saying that in a US DD or Russian one.  Cuz planes don't last that long hovering over them (depending on the planes, tiers and US or IJN).  Gearing Vs tier 7 Enterprise planes is quite nasty.  And that's just a simple small DD....Imagine a Mino :cap_tea:

Plenty of Youtube vids on what a DD's can do to planes. Not rocket science. 

I often Div with 2 Fletchers in my Tahio and they don't have a problem with CV's.  They always tip the balance in fighter vs fighter engagements and are great on their own.

I know that i can spot a Shimmy up easy nearly all the game.  If i did the same to a Gearing, Og, Kaba or Fletcher i wouldn't have any planes left to kill things with.  

If i see a Shimmy doing its normal thing of flanking and spotting for the team then you can bet i wont leave that DD out of my sight!  A shimmy that is spotted is completely useless and brown bread.  Is it fair? Nope, but not every ship can be good at everything. 

1 hour ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

i tell them always , if start whine , go buy aa before enter game ;D

This....Its the hard truth and a choice that we all pick (AA Vs Secondary, Tank builds).  

I feel for DD players, i really do.  The amount of radar and hyro knocking around on even BBs are not making their life easy at the moment.  Just look at Clan battles for examples of this (no CV, no defensive fire so EVERYONE has radar, no brainier).  

But my empathy only reaches so far.  A ship that is blind is Dead meat to a DD player and with deep water torps make this job easier.

The majority of DD players have the ability and the tools to be a small (Mann) to massive (errr the KIDD) thorn in a CV side....But its YOUR choice if you spec for that.  If you don't?  Suck it up and live with it chaps 

Players
26 posts
9,100 battles

Yes it is.

However that task is pretty low on the priority list. A lone DD in random is not that important to waste a fighter on it. If a good cv wants you spotted, he will spot you., nothing can be dont about it. The question is the price he is willing to pay for it.

IMO my priority list looks somewhat like this:

1. Kill enemy dds

2. Hunt ships with low AA

3. Provide AA cover for the fleet

4. Hunt enemy planes

5. Spot enemy ships

6. Chase enemy planes from the fleet away

7. Cap with the main ship

In competetive sometimes a DD can ask for permanent cover and if the Fleet Commander agrees I can do that. However in random it is simply not worth it.