Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SamuraiShakaViking

Lost at sea... for all those in peril on the sea

14 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
4,629 battles

Lost at sea... for all those in peril on the sea: There may be a technical bug or glitch, and I submitted a ticket, because:

I sold the Tier IV GB bb "Orion" after completing grinding the 22,000 xp for the Tier V "Iron Duke"... in order to get the next tier ship in the port. Alas everything went missing in action (MIA). Davy Jones' cyber locker.

Instead however, I literally LOST all research on the Orion, all upgrades (hull etc) and ALL XP, including the 22,000 for the next ship.... I can see my stats for playing the now gone Tier IV, yet in the tree it appears as if I never owned it & played it, let alone (very grindy) grinded out 22,000 of painful XP in that low tier slow bb  for the next ship over many games...

That XP vanished. Into thin air. I now have neither an Orion, & cannot buy her back, nor the hard earned  XP , for the Iron Duke, , just an empty port slot that was my GB bb line slot... all just somehow  'lost at cyber-sea' !?

Importantly, There was no disclaimer or warning at all, when busy selling it, that both the ship, AND the XP, would be "un-researched and de-materialised" (I'm shocked into a loss 4 words right now)  permanently and couldn't be bought back nor MY own hard grinded hard earned XP used for the next ship.

A bizarre kinda 'back to the future' houdini disappearance act is afoot, beware. This isnt april fools yet, nor halloween event...

Moreover, there is no mention I can find of any new change in WG policy on this issue; after all it is illogical and irrational.. (no comment iro WG here)  and still works in Wot & WOWP.

Support, being their "customer comes first", "customer is right",  usual helpful enthusiastic politburo are not getting it, they want to backdate and  'reset' my account (which is irrelevant as this applies  for MISTAKENLY selling a premium ship, [NB support were most emphatic: but comrade, be warned, this can bizarrely only be done once ever in your life time] & NOT legitimately selling a tech tree ship, in order to progress to the next )  , Support simply  ignored the disappearing XP grinded btw.. dont ask them to try multi task.

I care far more about getting MY grinded out XP BACK so I can progress and get the hard earned next Tier V ship in port, more than buying the old tier IV tbh, although the principle remains)

Perhaps support may realise there is some fault or error here, a technical glitch in the patch or something.

It Has really discouraged me.

At the least, I have given up grinding the GB bb line now. Farewell Conqueror.

It all just somehow evaporated . I cant help but think of the Titanic here.

If this missing in action (MIA) has happened twice to me, perhaps I should too walk the plank.

Players, especially new players from Steam, BE WARNED! This could happen to you too. The Wot and WoWP XP & tier progression system seems to be torpedoed and listing to keel in WoWs

PS After checking I have now  noticed that the same has occurred to my Myoko too. All researched ship & upgrades and remaining XP have vanished. (while I was waiting to get the next in line Mogami into the port slot on a Tier VIII sale). So there suddenly  goes my grind for the IJN cruiser line into thin air too..

all 'lost at sea' WG !?

Heres a mission for you: I'll buy something from you again, if you can find MY missing in action (MIA) XP for the tech tree GB  Tier V, and the IJN  Tier VIII ? or have they vanished into the bermuda triangle of WG cyber matrix.

• Funny 1

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
573 posts
2,800 battles

Just out of curiosity, do you run any mods?  I seem to recall that in the past mods could do all sorts of crazy things, especially with XP...

Either way, I hope your issue gets resolved.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Have you checked if you can unlock the ships (Iron Duke and Mogami) via the tech tree?

It might be just a UI thing, so I'd try to unlock those ships and check if it wants to unlock with free XP or not.

Alternatively (though not a particularily helpful choice if you're strapped for cash) you could rebuy the ships and see if the XP pop-up along with them again. Because ship XP shouldn't go missing like that, it's tied to your account after all.

Also, why would you want to sell a ship before unlocking the successor? Even if you need the cash and port slot, it's much less of a hazzle with the port UI to unlock the new ship and THEN sell the old one.

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
4,629 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

Have you checked if you can unlock the ships (Iron Duke and Mogami) via the tech tree?

It might be just a UI thing, so I'd try to unlock those ships and check if it wants to unlock with free XP or not.

Alternatively (though not a particularily helpful choice if you're strapped for cash) you could rebuy the ships and see if the XP pop-up along with them again. Because ship XP shouldn't go missing like that, it's tied to your account after all.

Also, why would you want to sell a ship before unlocking the successor? Even if you need the cash and port slot, it's much less of a hazzle with the port UI to unlock the new ship and THEN sell the old one.

Thanks for the advice and tips...

yeah usually I do research the next ship b4 selling , but murphy's law, in this case i had played long and late and was working on grinding  the low tier pan asian or russian specials, needing  a bridge-over port , some  credits or modules or something, so didnt think twice, confident i guess, i could always get it later as had always been the case in WoT and WoWp.

Whats weird though is that the orion reverted to a completely unresearched state, as if i'd never owned and played it, and the xp vanished too. Then later I found the same on the Myoko too.

Beta Tester
5,762 posts
22,561 battles

This will probably not be very helpful, but...

...someone who sells the most OP T4 ship just deserves every disaster that life throws at him!

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
1 minute ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

This will probably not be very helpful, but...

...someone who sells the most OP T4 ship just deserves every disaster that life throws at him!

:cap_haloween:

Maybe he doesn't need OP ships - maybe Mr T is a Nightelf Mohwak! :fish_glass:

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

It's better for you to happen at tier 4 to 5 instead of 9 to 10. The amount of xp would have been so much bigger.

Anyway, I hope you'll find a solution with the customer support. You have 17 battles recorded with the Orion in Warships Today so the evidence is here.

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
1 hour ago, SamuraiShakaViking said:

Alas everything went missing in action (MIA). Davy Jones' cyber locker.

Thanks for the kind donation...

• Funny 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

What I don't understand is why you need to open a thread about it twice?

Already explained it to you - XP is still on the ship, you just don't see it bcuz you sold it. Open Iron Duke through the tech tree and god damn buy it. One would have thought that after 2k battles you could figure out how to do it :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,114 battles
21 hours ago, SamuraiShakaViking said:

Lost at sea... for all those in peril on the sea: There may be a technical bug or glitch, and I submitted a ticket, because:

I sold the Tier IV GB bb "Orion" after completing grinding the 22,000 xp for the Tier V "Iron Duke"... in order to get the next tier ship in the port. Alas everything went missing in action (MIA). Davy Jones' cyber locker.

Instead however, I literally LOST all research on the Orion, all upgrades (hull etc) and ALL XP, including the 22,000 for the next ship.... I can see my stats for playing the now gone Tier IV, yet in the tree it appears as if I never owned it & played it, let alone (very grindy) grinded out 22,000 of painful XP in that low tier slow bb  for the next ship over many games...

That XP vanished. Into thin air. I now have neither an Orion, & cannot buy her back, nor the hard earned  XP , for the Iron Duke, , just an empty port slot that was my GB bb line slot... all just somehow  'lost at cyber-sea' !?

Importantly, There was no disclaimer or warning at all, when busy selling it, that both the ship, AND the XP, would be "un-researched and de-materialised" (I'm shocked into a loss 4 words right now)  permanently and couldn't be bought back nor MY own hard grinded hard earned XP used for the next ship.

A bizarre kinda 'back to the future' houdini disappearance act is afoot, beware. This isnt april fools yet, nor halloween event...

Moreover, there is no mention I can find of any new change in WG policy on this issue; after all it is illogical and irrational.. (no comment iro WG here)  and still works in Wot & WOWP.

Support, being their "customer comes first", "customer is right",  usual helpful enthusiastic politburo are not getting it, they want to backdate and  'reset' my account (which is irrelevant as this applies  for MISTAKENLY selling a premium ship, [NB support were most emphatic: but comrade, be warned, this can bizarrely only be done once ever in your life time] & NOT legitimately selling a tech tree ship, in order to progress to the next )  , Support simply  ignored the disappearing XP grinded btw.. dont ask them to try multi task.

I care far more about getting MY grinded out XP BACK so I can progress and get the hard earned next Tier V ship in port, more than buying the old tier IV tbh, although the principle remains)

Perhaps support may realise there is some fault or error here, a technical glitch in the patch or something.

It Has really discouraged me.

At the least, I have given up grinding the GB bb line now. Farewell Conqueror.

It all just somehow evaporated . I cant help but think of the Titanic here.

If this missing in action (MIA) has happened twice to me, perhaps I should too walk the plank.

Players, especially new players from Steam, BE WARNED! This could happen to you too. The Wot and WoWP XP & tier progression system seems to be torpedoed and listing to keel in WoWs

PS After checking I have now  noticed that the same has occurred to my Myoko too. All researched ship & upgrades and remaining XP have vanished. (while I was waiting to get the next in line Mogami into the port slot on a Tier VIII sale). So there suddenly  goes my grind for the IJN cruiser line into thin air too..

all 'lost at sea' WG !?

Heres a mission for you: I'll buy something from you again, if you can find MY missing in action (MIA) XP for the tech tree GB  Tier V, and the IJN  Tier VIII ? or have they vanished into the bermuda triangle of WG cyber matrix.

As others have already mentioned, the XP earned on a ship always stays there, irrespective of whether you have the ship in your port, it is simply not displayed if the ship is not researched.

You can simply select the next ship in the tech three and, provided you had enough XP, research and buy it even if you do not own the preceeding ship.

I would also like to point out that our helpful support rep did this for you without any issues. :)

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What I don't understand is why you need to open a thread about it twice?

Already explained it to you - XP is still on the ship, you just don't see it bcuz you sold it. Open Iron Duke through the tech tree and god damn buy it. One would have thought that after 2k battles you could figure out how to do it :fish_palm:

Oh damn :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
4,629 battles

FYI May I point out that the response to the first ticket was the drastic step to "reset my account back"; which is only permissible once.

He must have easily also checked the XP on the next ship himself too. Lets try logic. Maybe, just perhaps, the expert couldnt locate it either..?? So he recommended his best 'option' instead, advising to reset my account. Why would he have IF he didnt 'find the buried xp either.. so that makes two of us. . Thus, the 'friendly helpful' expert WG employee, obviously far  more familiar with the game , even was unable to find the 'lost XP' himself, and had I indeed followed his only alternative solution, I would then have used up & wasted the 'once only' account reset / reclaim a ship 'pass'. 

SO, i repeat, if It even confused the  friendly helpful  trained WG employee support person himself, to the point of giving  drastic last resort option instead: to reset the account, it's because even he couldnt find the XP;  if Support couldnt find it then, and I couldnt,  then I doubt anybody on the forum could have either. Only after urging to investigating it further, maybe on a technical level, as I suggested, did they eventually solve the riddle.

Constructive criticism / suggestion as I try to be part of the solution not part of the problem, (you encourage suggestions on your website..) : Those of us who do not live on the forums and eat and sleep WG games, are not all experts on WG games' intricate  idiosyncracies. Any & all  xp should be displayed and annotated somewhere in the game . ( not evaporating gaseously into cyberspace , invisible XP hanging out there in the void,  for the player / customer to presume and assume where to find with hide n seek guessing games). Working professionals, the  average social gamers, especially in the military, dont have time for hide & seek guessing games.

imho This is a (albeit small) failing in the interactive  ui  design; this is confusing & certainly not user-friendly to the average social gamer, let alone any new or 'trying out' players (eg steam) . but thats your UI design teams problem 2 consider - not mine. If it were me, I would order my attache &  liasion officer to consult & draw up a solution , report back within the hour, & fix it stat. (in RL such a small GUI or HUD oversight compounded by failure in communications) would literally sink a ship, eg. the avoidable  sinking of HMS Coventry debacle during the Falklands war).

FYI more sophisticated and far cheaper games have in-built, in-game -client tool-tips, or even an easy to use , accessible, searchable in-game help 'manual'.  Somewhat like a fault checklist protocol to follow. (Even basic smartphones have this as a voice feature now).

I tried the forums because the response to the first ticket was to "reset my account back"; which is only permissible once. This was clearly drastic and would have lost me a lot more than two ships and gaseous XP. The forum's constructive advice & my second reply to the ticket isolated and fixed the XP issue (Not why the sold ship reverted to unresearched and un-buyable back...; but even if we dont know why.. at least thats fixed too now, even if my game went down for a while.

So Thank u forum, thank u WG.

case closed

Sign in to follow this