Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Newman

What's going on with AP?

20 comments in this topic

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I've been noticing a notable decrease in AP usability since the last update; where before sailing broadside in a squishy cruiser to a close range battleship meant a death sentence, now they can set a broadside course to a high tier BB, go make some tea, maybe launch some torps, then go watch an episode of their favorite show, come back, notice they took some overpen damage so it might be time to go into cover. Ok, slight exaggeration here but it's not even far from the truth.. What used to be assured citadels and devastating strikes has been replaced with shatters, ricochets and overpens 9/10 times. Now, I'm not asking for a 3 citadel volley every time I pull the trigger, but a light cruiser broadside at 6km to a battleship receiving a full volley shouldn't be able to just keep doing that unpunished.

I just had a 2nd game in a row where a cruiser can sail broadside to me at close range without getting punished. 1st time, a Nurnberg was at 8km full broadside to my Alabama. I hit him with a full salvo and score nothing but overpens for like 5k damage. Now the same thing happened in my Missouri with a 6km broadside Charles Martel who could sail broadside to me for 3 volleys - that's almost a minute and a half - before I finally killed him. Meanwhile if I show broadside for even a second in a BB I get punished, severly.

I noticed this on other ship classes. Hipper 203's on full broadside Pensacola at some 10km producing nothing but ricochets. I don't know what you guys did with AP but it's making AP reliant ships borderline unplayable unless you sacrificed a goat to the rng gods recently. AP requires skill to use correctly but when that happens, we're still heavily reliant on mostly bad rng for good salvos. Meanwhile everyone spams HE. Worst example, the Conqueror: go ahead and show broadside, you won't get citadeled, and enjoy your 12k + 2 fires HE salvos on angled targets.

tl;dr - not sure what you did with AP but it's bad so please fix it.

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts

Just RNG biting you in the stern.

I've been deleted and deleted people with AP exactly the same since the last update as before, no difference I can see.

Players
4,690 posts
7,604 battles

Have you started playing different ships, maybe at different tiers?

AFAIK nothing has changed.

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles

I know your pain. My Missouri denies me the citas several games in a row and then suddenly tripple or quadruple citas a bb. I know why I trust my torps more ^^.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Quality Poster(s) to the rescue:

- nothing has changed from the game side.

- probably just RNG trolling you hard

- regarding the information of your clan mates: confirmation bias

Greetings

• Cool 2

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I know, my sample size is low to make any qualified judgements. AP seems a lot worse. I guess it could be RNG trolling me, to which I say this game shouldn't even rely this much on RNG; when my torps connect to a target, are 9/10 duds? As it frequently happened during ww2? Ofc not, and they shouldn't be, it's not fun to play being that much of a slave to RNG. But perhaps that's opening a whole new can of worms. I do hope they reduce the influence of RNG, at least on people showing broadside, that sort of thing does need to be punished.

Thanks for the replies regardless.

Players
1,112 posts
11,995 battles
21 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Possibly, but in that case my luck took a severe nosedive since the last patch. Meanwhile I have clan mates experiencing the same thing.

I am still scoring (and receiving) decent amount of citadel hits. If anything, even more than before, yesterday scored 7.citadel hits to Nelson with my Molotov @ 17.km

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,494 battles

Overpenetrating the citadel has always been possible. Cruisers broadside to a battleship at close range are, depending on the cruiser, the battleship and the range, often simply too thin for the shell to still be inside of the ship when it explodes.

[4_0_4]
Players
8,141 posts
14,609 battles

Pffft, who uses AP these days anyways. All I see are HE slinging BBs all day. And by the way WG has put in the RN-BB line, I guess that`s how they want it :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
6 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

I know your pain. My Missouri denies me the citas several games in a row and then suddenly tripple or quadruple citas a bb. I know why I trust my torps more ^^.

Ah, the sweet pleasure of scoring 5 torp hits for 20 k damage :Smile_trollface:

(On a more serious note, this evening my buddy scored 3 torp hits on Gearing with Minotaur for HUGE 13k damage, and Gearing survived lol)

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles
7 hours ago, cro_pwr said:

Ah, the sweet pleasure of scoring 5 torp hits for 20 k damage :Smile_trollface:

(On a more serious note, this evening my buddy scored 3 torp hits on Gearing with Minotaur for HUGE 13k damage, and Gearing survived lol)

Had that mess in CW. Played shima, hit the enemy gearing in the broadside with a torp and dealt pretty much 22300 damage to him. ....... SE gearing has 22500 hp......

Guess who ultimately won the enemy the game.... 

Players
344 posts
24,796 battles

Maybe RNG, but  i feal the same problem, full broadside squishy cruisers and i struggle to kill them, in the same time i did  citadel   with my Missouri to the german tier 10 BB from 7 km and he was also angled to me. The dmg on DDs on the other hand with AP is 5-8k  on a salvo, i lately kill more DDs than cruisers.

[UNICS]
Players
1,455 posts
23,176 battles
15 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

I noticed this on other ship classes. Hipper 203's on full broadside Pensacola at some 10km producing nothing but ricochets.

I was on a recent Pensacola adventure , it could be you where playing against me :P, flashing full broadside in Pensacola will make AP Do that  lel

Players
1,230 posts
15,031 battles
16 saat önce, Captain_Newman dedi:

Hipper 203's on full broadside Pensacola at some 10km producing nothing but ricochets.

Isn't that against physics lol?

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,062 battles
4 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

I was on a recent Pensacola adventure , it could be you where playing against me :P, flashing full broadside in Pensacola will make AP Do that  lel

I'm pretty sure this was prophesied as a harbinger of The End of Days.

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,624 posts
9,656 battles

No changes just a bad luck on you m8

I know that feeling 

[UNICS]
Players
1,455 posts
23,176 battles
7 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I'm pretty sure this was prophesied as a harbinger of The End of Days.

im sorry , i tried to understand . but your level of wisdom ascends me :P

Sign in to follow this