You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SamuraiShakaViking

Researchd ship & XP un-researched if sold for next ship & XP vanishes?

9 comments in this topic

Question

Players
103 posts
4,596 battles

If you own a ship and have grinded up to the next ship in the tree, and sell the ship for the port to buy the next ship, is the previous (sold) ship' research researched/owned status and xp supposed to vanish and revert to an 'un-researched' ship with xp and upgrades removed?

This confusing for WoWT or WoWp players as if you sell a vehicle, it remains "researched" and previously  "owned" , you can buy it back for credits at any time . and its xp remains on the vehicle (even shown in the tech tree..)

8 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
24,724 posts
13,686 battles

XP on a ship stay, even you if you sell that ship.

If you use XP on a ship to research the next ship, the ship stays researched, even if you sell the previous tech tree ship.

• Cool 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,458 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, SamuraiShakaViking sagte:

This confusing for WoWT or WoWp players as if you sell a vehicle, it remains "researched" and previously  "owned" , you can buy it back for credits at any time . and its xp remains on the vehicle (even shown in the tech tree..)

It's the same here in WoWs. You can buy researched ships again anytime.

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
4,596 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

It's the same here in WoWs. You can buy researched ships again anytime.

Thank you for your reply.

Thats what I thought I knew as a veteran Wot ( & WoWP) player...

However There may be a technical bug or glitch, and I submitted a ticket, because:

I sold the Tier IV GB bb "Orion" after completing grinding the 22,000 xp for the Tier V "Iron Duke"... in order to get the next tier ship in the port.

Instead however, I literally LOST all research on the Orion, all upgrades (hull etc) and ALL XP, including the 22,000 for the next ship.... I can see my stats for playing the now gone Tier IV, yet in the tree it appears as if I never owned it & played it, let alone (very grindy) grinded out 22,000 of painful XP in that low tier slow bb  for the next ship over many games...

That XP vanished. Into thin air. I now have neither an Orion, & cannot buy her back, nor the hard earned  XP , for the Iron Duke, , just an empty port slot that was my GB bb line slot... all just somehow  'lost at cyber-sea' !?

Importantly, There was no disclaimer or warning at all, when busy selling it, that both the ship, AND the XP, would be un-researched and de-materialised permanently and couldn't be bought back nor XP used for the next ship. A bizarre kinda back to the future houdini disappearance act.

Moreover, there is no mention of any new change in WG policy on this issue; after all it is illogical and irrational.. (no comment re WG here)  and still works in Wot & WOWP.

Support, as usual are not getting it, they want to backdate and  'reset' my account (which is done for MISTAKENLY selling a premium ship, not legitimately selling a tech tree ship, to progress to the next )  , [NB support were most emphatic: but comrade, be warned, this can only be done once ever in your life time, next time you go gulag!....

Support ignored the disappearing XP grinded btw.. 

Perhaps support may realise there is some fault or error here, a technical glitch in the patch or something.

It Has really discouraged me.

At the least, I have given up grinding the GB bb line now.

It all just somehow evaporated to the gulag & the politburo apparatchiks aint helping much.

Players, especially new players from Steam, BE WARNED! This could happen to you too.

PS After checking I have now  noticed that the same has occurred to my Myoko too. All researched ship & upgrades and remaining XP have vanished to the gulag. So there goes my grind for the IJN cruiser line into thin air too..

all 'lost at sea' WG !?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Maybe you already researched the Duke? Simply open Duke in the tech tree, it's either researched (so you have to buy it) or you can research it (as you still have that xp on Orion)

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
4,596 battles
38 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Maybe you already researched the Duke? Simply open Duke in the tech tree, it's either researched (so you have to buy it) or you can research it (as you still have that xp on Orion)

no, the orion and duke both appear in the tech tree (not the bellerophon though, when the GB bb's released i got given the orion (not the bellerophon) as i've researched the GB cruisers i guess?).. but they are now unresearched and have no xp attached.

so i cannot even research the orion without using free xp to start, since there is no bellerophon to begin with.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, SamuraiShakaViking said:

no, the orion and duke both appear in the tech tree (not the bellerophon though, when the GB bb's released i got given the orion (not the bellerophon) as i've researched the GB cruisers i guess?).. but they are now unresearched and have no xp attached.

so i cannot even research the orion without using free xp to start, since there is no bellerophon to begin with.

Can you give us some screenshots?

When you print-screen in game, they are saved in the screenshots folder wherever your game is installed (something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships\screenshot ), then use something like imgur to get them here

What I meant goes like this:

Go to the tech tree

H8fik2j.jpg

Select the ship (Iron Duke in your case) and check if it's up for research or just to buy

If it's for research - click on the research, it will use Orions xp for it (it will give you a popup window for confirmation instead of instantly taking the xp)

If it's for sale - you've already researched it

qxsaxJW.jpg

ch0v9Ar.jpg

Also I'm pretty sure what you meant is just that you don't see xp on ships that aren't in your port, it's actually still there

Hashidate not bought:

maromdv.jpg

After I buy it:

KUZa09d.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
4,596 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Can you give us some screenshots?

When you print-screen in game, they are saved in the screenshots folder wherever your game is installed (something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships\screenshot ), then use something like imgur to get them here

What I meant goes like this:

Go to the tech tree

H8fik2j.jpg

Select the ship (Iron Duke in your case) and check if it's up for research or just to buy

If it's for research - click on the research, it will use Orions xp for it (it will give you a popup window for confirmation instead of instantly taking the xp)

If it's for sale - you've already researched it

qxsaxJW.jpg

ch0v9Ar.jpg

Also I'm pretty sure what you meant is just that you don't see xp on ships that aren't in your port, it's actually still there

Hashidate not bought:

maromdv.jpg

After I buy it:

KUZa09d.jpg

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! :)

i AM very PLEASED TO  REPORT THAT SINCE REPORTING THIS ON THESE FORUMS, there was an interlude of time when I could not access my account or launch the game... AND I THINK - IN LARGE PART WITH YOUR GUYS' HELP -  somebody at WG HAVE SUDDENLY GONE IN AND QUIETLY REPAIRED THE PROBLEM... (Although I heard nothing back from support itself, a technical team at WG seemed to quietly directly intervene to address the issue and put the customer first). Spasiba, efxharisto!

The bellerephon now appears at last, the orion is back from the depths, researched and re-buyable,  and the XP is available  for the duke.. as it should be.

A huge shout out thank you to you ALL who advised me and assisted, for your concern, interest , effort, time, and tips. "Leave no man behind!" approach! True marines.

my faith in WoWs is restored and being part of a positive mutually supportive community is reinforced. My disappointment has turned to happiness.

A strong community and positive mutual support, advice, cooperation and assistance is like an unsinkable ship's crew. And Thank you WG for such  a great game.

It shows that when the community and WG collaborate on a win-win solution things happen and all benefit.'''

Cudos to the community on here, and to WG, with gratitude.

"To divide & conquer is sound. But to unify and lead is better"  ~ Goethe

Players
103 posts
4,596 battles

Thank you all, and thank you WG. I noticed that after you quietly and quickly fixed the problem, you removed my post on the subject on the main forum page; which is fair enough.. just that I wanted to thank and commend you on there too -  for fixing this technical issue so speedily. The community deserves to know that WG can resolve issues speedily and " put the customer -first". Thanks again for a great game, and positive helpful forum community.