Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
theta0123

Idea for cruisers= scout plane

4 comments in this topic

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
6,067 battles

With the debate once again flaring up about Radar balance and CVs... i had a idea wich might have been suggested before. 

Alot of cruisers have fighter aircraft. This is something you can have when you dont or cannot equip radar.

Its usefullness is questionable. As you can still mount hydro for spotting torpedoes.. or defensive fire to deal with aircraft.

Yet we could introduce or alter the fighter aircraft as a scout aircraft

Its simple. The aircraft can be controlled.

-It can be launched to seek out destroyers. Yet it is more fair and balanced then radar because destroyers can counter it by shooting it down. Detection by air is always shorter then most AA guns on DDs. 

-It can be used to spot CVS. You direct the plane towards the CV giving your team more chance to deal with a CV instead off taking it out at the end of the match. CVS in turn can defend against it by sending their own fighter planes.

Furthermore the standard damage vs aircraft should remain. As you have to direct the aircraft via map overlay, it requires some micro management wich helps to balance in the end.

I think this would balance out the cruisers vs Radar cruisers. And give a more fighting chance vs CVs.

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
6 minutes ago, theta0123 said:

With the debate once again flaring up about Radar balance and CVs... i had a idea wich might have been suggested before. 

Alot of cruisers have fighter aircraft. This is something you can have when you dont or cannot equip radar.

Its usefullness is questionable. As you can still mount hydro for spotting torpedoes.. or defensive fire to deal with aircraft.

Yet we could introduce or alter the fighter aircraft as a scout aircraft

Its simple. The aircraft can be controlled.

-It can be launched to seek out destroyers. Yet it is more fair and balanced then radar because destroyers can counter it by shooting it down. Detection by air is always shorter then most AA guns on DDs. 

-It can be used to spot CVS. You direct the plane towards the CV giving your team more chance to deal with a CV instead off taking it out at the end of the match. CVS in turn can defend against it by sending their own fighter planes.

Furthermore the standard damage vs aircraft should remain. As you have to direct the aircraft via map overlay, it requires some micro management wich helps to balance in the end.

I think this would balance out the cruisers vs Radar cruisers. And give a more fighting chance vs CVs.

If Wargaming had wanted that kind of player controlled scout plane mechanic they would have done so long ago - remember the HIJMS Tone? Wargaming was pretty clear that have no intention of introducing player controlled scout planes. Sorry for killing your dream, I had it once but Wargaming shot it down.

• Boring 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,273 posts
24,667 battles

NO! That plane will be more of a problem than radar going thru islands. Especially if you can even send it to seek out CV-s.

[POI--]
Players
483 posts
7,502 battles

Because DDs, and CVs need more nerfs.
Airspotting is way more effective way to deal with DD`s than even radar because you can stay comfortably outside torpedobeat zone and daka-daka.

Hell no.

1 CV per game is enough.

Sign in to follow this