Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ForceM1782

What happens to French Quest BB experience?

33 comments in this topic

Players
94 posts
3,239 battles

So i got all 4 french quest Battleships, and i was asking myself what will happen to the XP on them when they go live as the main line BBs, as right now i am amassing a lot of it on the Richelieu.

Will the XP disappear?

Will it be Ship XP to instaresearch Alsace?

Will it be converted to free XP?

Does anyone know how they handle this?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,024 posts
18,907 battles

Ok all that happend is we got the ships early. I would guess on launch when they get tagged as tech line ships. The XP stays with them.  (Hope so as i have almost unlocked the Lyon at tier 7)

@MrConway can you confirm?

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,146 posts
28,648 battles

As with the RN Blueprint BB's, you get to keep your Ship/Commander XP.

This XP is what you earned, using your flags & camo's, and precious time spent in games.

• Cool 2

Players
94 posts
3,239 battles
14 minutes ago, iJoby said:

As with the RN Blueprint BB's, you get to keep your Ship/Commander XP.

This XP is what you earned, using your flags & camo's, and precious time spent in games.

That’d be great!

Can i research the T9 instantly then if i happen to have enough XP? Or do i need to research the missing link tiers III-IV first?

Players
63 posts
8,136 battles
1 minuto fa, ForceM1782 ha scritto:

That’d be great!

Can i research the T9 instantly then if i happen to have enough XP? Or do i need to research the missing link tiers III-IV first?

as far as i understood you'll be able to immediately research T9 ship. The only difference is that T3 and 4 ships will remain unresearched unless you actually do go and grind them for whatever reason

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
9 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Ok all that happend is we got the ships early. I would guess on launch when they get tagged as tech line ships. The XP stays with them.  (Hope so as i have almost unlocked the Lyon at tier 7)

@MrConway can you confirm?

Correct, all XP earned on the early ships will remain on them when they get converted to tech-tree ships. But while you will be able to research the following ship immediately, you will still have to grind towards any ships preceeding the early ones you got from the missions.

• Cool 1

Players
126 posts
7,188 battles

@MrConway A quick question:

I'm going to unlock the early access to the French Tier V BB fairly soon, but I have other tech trees I'd rather go down first.

So if I sell the ship to free up a port slot for a Gearing or a Neptune, will I later be able to re-buy the Bretagne or will I have to grind through the lower tiers first?

[H_FAN]
Players
2,480 posts
38,390 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

I'm going to unlock the early access to the French Tier V BB fairly soon, but I have other tech trees I'd rather go down first.

So if I sell the ship to free up a port slot for a Gearing or a Neptune, will I later be able to re-buy the Bretagne or will I have to grind through the lower tiers first?

Man are you really so low on port slots , they have sold them for a tiny amount of a few cents.... Is it some thing to not spend a single penny/cent - 5 -10 minutes of work and you have more slots then you ever need.

[WCWVE]
Players
1,019 posts
16,248 battles

I will be keeping my French battleships, they will sit on battleship row along with the German, British, American, Japanese and assorted other nationalities waiting on the chance of WG allowing a grand fleet review like the 1914 spithead review 

However, we still need the battle cruisers as currently they are sadly lacking in numbers 

Players
126 posts
7,188 battles
1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

Man are you really so low on port slots , they have sold them for a tiny amount of a few cents.... Is it some thing to not spend a single penny/cent - 5 -10 minutes of work and you have more slots then you ever need.

I've only ever seen them sold for 300 dubloons. Have I missed something?

Players
126 posts
7,188 battles

Ok. But I don't want to spend Dubloons on port slots. I have a budget of £8ish per month for WoWS which I spend on a premium account. I'd rather trade the ships I don't want to play for port slots for the one's that I do.

If I get dubloons in a container or as a reward I'd rather put them towards a Sims or maybe a Warspite.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,480 posts
38,390 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Ok. But I don't want to spend Dubloons on port slots. I have a budget of £8ish per month for WoWS which I spend on a premium account. I'd rather trade the ships I don't want to play for port slots for the one's that I do.

If I get dubloons in a container or as a reward I'd rather put them towards a Sims or maybe a Warspite.

well to have some extra portslots is never wrong - you should never been forced to sell a ship that you may like in order to make place -  I have 214 ships excl. ARP so every ship that I have researched. 

That you sell ships that you do not like I can understand - but in the end -the more ships you research the more you will like and keep -so pay attention - the 75 doubloon cost above have only occured rare maybe just 1 time , but 50% off =150 doubloons happens with decent intervals.

Budgetwise - sure you have one less than mine - but if you like the game it may be worthy of some investments - port slots is one - they are pretty rare - in missions and containers- one thing that you will end up having in abundance is the reserve slots for captains.

My tactic is always have 10 or so port slots in stock. I by a few when there is an offer.

I use to buy premium ships in bundles so that the doubloons trickle in at a discount so that the practical prize lands at 100 or so doubloons thats  less than 0,5 GBP in your currency. 

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
21 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

You will keep the research progress regardless of whether the actual ship is in your port as long as you have completed the mission.

16 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

I've only ever seen them sold for 300 dubloons. Have I missed something?

Sometimes we do have discounts. But if you are struggling with slots, you will be able to earn 300 doubloons for a 5 star completion of operation Hermes with the update on Thursday! :cap_like:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,777 posts
10,705 battles

If you complete the Aigle missions (not hard to do) then you will get a T6 DD that you can sell and free up a port slot.

Players
471 posts
2,430 battles
7 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

If you complete the Aigle missions (not hard to do) then you will get a T6 DD that you can sell and free up a port slot.

Bad advice never ever sell a premium ship

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,777 posts
10,705 battles
26 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

Bad advice never ever sell a premium ship

I agree but they seem desperate to gain a port slot.   No need to spend any gold to get one the way I suggested.

I did sell the Krasny Krem and some of the lower tiers (Albany and Dresden) because I never play them.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,469 battles
11 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I agree but they seem desperate to gain a port slot.   No need to spend any gold to get one the way I suggested.

I did sell the Krasny Krem and some of the lower tiers (Albany and Dresden) because I never play them.

I had PzIV Schmalturm once in WOT and sold it cause I needed the slot.

The tank has not reappeared and is one of the rarest in game.

After that I never sold a prem again, in any of WG's 3 title games.

You must be talking about Emden, I think Dresden is in the tech tree.

But I can understand total free to play players that need slots instead of prem vehicles they dont play.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,401 posts
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

You will keep the research progress regardless of whether the actual ship is in your port as long as you have completed the mission.

Sometimes we do have discounts. But if you are struggling with slots, you will be able to earn 300 doubloons for a 5 star completion of operation Hermes with the update on Thursday! :cap_like:

Totally unrelated, but I hope the quote notifications gets your attention :Smile_Default:

I have a question

Can the French BB missions still drop from containers opened after the update?

I already have Bretagne and Normandy missions completed, and I have not dropped the Lyon and Richelieu missions (yet :Smile_coin:)... is it still possible to get them after the update from both containers collected before and after the update?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,024 posts
18,907 battles
22 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

A Prem ship that you have to pay Dubloons (real money to buy again)

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Just wondering if the ships we'll get when the patch comes in with be stock hulls or fully upgraded?

As I haven't played any of the FR BB that much so I'll likely not have enough to upgrade modules immediately.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,401 posts
5 hours ago, MrConway said:

Yes, the missions can still drop from any new containers in 0.7.2! :)

Yay thank you sir :Smile_honoring:

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles

You can get port slots from containers. Credit container at least has those. Also, look into the new USN cruiser line to see if you can benefit from the mechanics. Try to have at least Cleveland in your port when this happens.

Sign in to follow this