Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gorten

Kaga VS Saipan - WTF A BAD JOKE

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
4,656 battles

I see no way how I could ever compete with my Kaga vs any half competent Saipan Player.

It is one of those bad jokes.

Just saying.

If you have any good advice (besides trolling and smartassing - thank you do not need that) I thank you.

But atm I see no way as just to wave the white flag as soon as I see a Saipan on the opposite team.

With my Hiriyu I have options

With my Kaga I am effed

EDIT:

Invested some time and found some information.

Guess the trick will be to get better than the opposition.

Beta Tester
2 posts
4,656 battles

Thanks . I rewrite my 1st post - found some helpful information and will try to get it done.

Sorry for the rant

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,105 posts
18,856 battles

Kaga trades almost all air control for hilarious striking ability. That means if you encounter a decent Hiryu/Saipan player you are going to get shut down regardless of what you do.

She was made to be this way, better deal with it.

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,261 battles

Maybe just act like AA of your friends are your 3rd squadron of fighters. Most saipans will have attitude of disrespect and that advantage of tier 9 planes so they wont care for friendly AA.

Side note, I never play kaga without at least one AA ship in divison, no friends no kaga. And I strongly believe that is reason for 78% win rate in more than 100 battles.

Saipan is different, stronger AA but striking force limited. Play that in free time or Hiryu.

Cheers

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Whilst there are some who can handle a Kaga vs most opposition, there's certain MM which will utterly crush you when you take out a Kaga.

Like a heavy T5 game for instance as you simply have no AA to bait the Saipan near.

Or heavy T9 games where there's so much AA on the table that you have very few targets you can even go near.

I've heard Saipan's can be beaten by going after their bombers as that will atleast blunt his strike ability but meh.... 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Saipan overall is designed so that whoever is piloting the Saipan can still go equal if not better against someone noticeably more skilled. You need to outplay (outmaneuver) him.

Your biggest problem is your inexperience - you've just reached Hiryu, you still have very few games in CVs. You just need way more practice.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,685 posts
15,765 battles

Play defensive, use allies' AA; use your DBs as bait (their striking ability is almost nihil anyway); split up your TBs or learn how to keep his fighters "busy" and strike from an unexpected angle.

You will lose (a lot of) planes, but with a few strikes you can have equal input to the battle's outcome (if all other players on both teams are somewhat equal in skill).

[AAO]
Players
1,228 posts
13,829 battles

Unless enemy Saipan is sucks, you can't do anything at all. As peoples said above, find someone that wanna play Flint / Atlanta / Belfast with you. Saipan is strong but not unbeatable. ( I know because a Kaga nuked me before :Smile_facepalm: )

But, Hiryu is also nice option. Less AA than Saipan and less strike ability than Kaga. But still, you can fight with them both.

[WONLY]
Players
335 posts
13,651 battles

sacrifice your fighters to keep his fighters busy and try to get  3-4 good strikes through.  maybe you can have that big impact early on that your team manages to win. 

without saipans around, kaga would be even more op as it is. 

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

90% of Saipan players you can bait with your fighters and kill things while he is busy chasing your fighters back to some AA bubble.

You will not win the air war ever, you will most likley not really negate his (pittyfull) strikes but you can still get 3-4 strikes in usually (3-4 strikes in a Kaga should be 2+ kills)

This games you will win if your team is half way "okay" 

Bringing at least one AA cruiser yourself helps a lot (you will win >50% of games usually)

versus the 10% "unicum and more" saipans

t5 / t6 /t7 low AA matchmaking = you are done, nothing you can do

T8/9 heavy AA matchmaking = he cant really strike anything, you most likely can get more than 1-2 strikes - influence of both CVs is low.

Sign in to follow this