dragos_n

NASTY AIMING ISSUE!!!! FIX IT!!!

23 comments in this topic

[M_RO]
Players
6 posts
5,621 battles

i don't even know how to say this but the pictures explains everything this thing happens when you aim at to parallel ships i am and the guns are locking on ships that you are not aiming most of the time

1.png

2.png

3.png

[M_RO]
Players
6 posts
5,621 battles

it doesn't do that fast i have to zoom in out then they will lock but my aim was only at neptune...if i shot where i was aimed why my shells are landing like crap at least land where i shot and apply the dispersion of 250m+\- not 2km

[-TPF-]
Players
4,653 posts
19,105 battles

You are playing Roma, mind. That's not so much "aiming" as "throwing things up in the air and seeing where they land".

[M_RO]
Players
6 posts
5,621 battles

it happens with all the ships not only with Roma or bad dispersion ships it happened to be Roma this time

[M_RO]
Players
6 posts
5,621 battles
8 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Well there is a little button named X

ok you guys didn't got my point you shot at one ship and the shells land like crap if you have another ship in parallel like in between them even if the ships have like 4km in between them isn't that clear enough i don't care where the damn red circle is iv'e aimed at neptune not at bismark it's like stearing left and you are going right

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,089 posts
10,289 battles
6 minutes ago, dragos_n said:

ok you guys didn't got my point you shot at one ship and the shells land like crap if you have another ship in parallel like in between them even if the ships have like 4km in between them isn't that clear enough i don't care where the damn red circle is iv'e aimed at neptune not at bismark it's like stearing left and you are going right

I still don't get it....if you aimed at one ship and had the other one locked, the aim assist tried to compensate.....nothing weird here

[CATS]
Players
30,933 posts
15,694 battles

You do not understand that you shot at Bismarck as that was the target you were locked on.

Make sure that you are locked on the right target and your shells land better.

It was your own fault to press fire before you were logged on the right target.

Either wait for the system to adjust or log the target manually by pressing X.

Players
569 posts
12,052 battles

If you lock on a target you basically set the distance to that specific target, so if you fire at another ship that is closer or farther away, you wont hit. Or simpler, always lock on the target you want to shoot. The game can't mind read.

[M_RO]
Players
6 posts
5,621 battles

well the game doesn't have to assist me when i am shooting at a ship even if i am locked on one ship and i do shot at another lets say that a dd came out the smoke i will not be able to hit it cuz the game assist on the ship that i was aimed before (i have to press x then to shoot at the ships and if i have 5 ships i will have to cycle in between them until i get the right one) amazing logic i wonder how this will work on cod or battlefield don't get me wrong guys but the aiming system is broken

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

I do believe you can turn off the assist in game options, try it out since you seem to think you dont need assistance ?

[THESO]
4,089 posts
10,289 battles
12 minutes ago, dragos_n said:

well the game doesn't have to assist me

Hah....yeah let's make that happen and wait to see how long it takes people to come crying about terrible dispersion

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Easy fix, make sure your guns are locked on to the right ship.

That's a fix on the same level as "doctor, it hurts when I do this. -well, don't do that then". It's a bug and it needs fixing. Particularly when it's so easy to accidentally switch targets in this game. Please don't white knight WG, I suspect they have enough to hire their own lawyers :)

Jokes aside, I suspect the OP knows about workarounds, but he's reporting a bug that really should be fixed whether there are workarounds or not.

[CATS]
Players
30,933 posts
15,694 battles

It is NOT a bug. What should the bug be?

To get a better doctor example:

"Doctor, when I want to raise my left knee, but raise my right knee, my right knee raises, not my left one. Do something!" That is the basic complaint

Show me the doctor that says: "Yes, that is a common illness, I can get you some pills for that".

[THESO]
4,089 posts
10,289 battles
39 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

That's a fix on the same level as "doctor, it hurts when I do this. -well, don't do that then". It's a bug and it needs fixing. Particularly when it's so easy to accidentally switch targets in this game. Please don't white knight WG, I suspect they have enough to hire their own lawyers :)

Jokes aside, I suspect the OP knows about workarounds, but he's reporting a bug that really should be fixed whether there are workarounds or not.

There's nothing to fix since there is no bug

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
4 hours ago, domen3 said:

There's nothing to fix since there is no bug

So if you target switches but your aim remains the same your shells fall somewhere between the two ships. How is that not a bug? Is it a feature? Why would someone even introduce something like that? Whatever for? It's clearly a bug.

[CATS]
Players
30,933 posts
15,694 battles

The target lock did not switch...

He shot before the target lock switched and complains that he did not hit.

[THESO]
4,089 posts
10,289 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

So if you target switches but your aim remains the same your shells fall somewhere between the two ships. How is that not a bug? Is it a feature? Why would someone even introduce something like that? Whatever for? It's clearly a bug.

Considering you didn't switch the target it isn't a bug...for all the game knows you just misplaced your shot....And why is it in the game? To HELP you actually hit something. Don't blame the game for trying to assist you in hitting the bismarck, THE SHIP YOU HAD CURRENTLY SELECTED

So what you basically want is one of these two right?

1. Completelty remove aim assist from the game (which would result in you and many others coming to the forum and crying about how you can't hit anything)

or

2. Make the aim assist switch immediately to the target you're aiming at (in which case it would make it literally impossible to shoot at a target if it's surrounded by multiple ships because the aim assist would constantly switch the targets if you tried to lead them, again resulting in you crying on the forums).

So, which one of these is it?

Players
6,204 posts
12,300 battles

I have this issue from time to time. To me it does seem like the target assist thingy doesn't do what I want it to do and my solution is to somehow get the lock on the right target. I do miss good shots though and sometimes I notice too late.

I wasn't aware these's the possibility to cycle through target locks? But if this is the case, that's my own fault as I then probably didn't read the manual properly :Smile_hiding:

Cycling through target locks will at least prevent me from having to preaim again.

The target locking does work fine for the vast majority of the time, so I don't mind that it's maybe not perfect.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,951 battles
5 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I have this issue from time to time.

As do I, but that is down to me trying to take a snap shot as a better target reveals itself, my shells go miles away, then I face palm and go "bugger, I didn't target it first". It's a mechanic, use it.

Sorry mate, but 'user error' here, not a bug.

Players
6,204 posts
12,300 battles
4 hours ago, philjd said:

but that is down to me trying to take a snap shot as a better target reveals itself

This might actually be the case. Or at least partially.

And frankly, I don't actually know how the aim assist works technically.