wierd bugs

3 comments in this topic

Question

[DKK]
Players
116 posts
2,568 battles

Hi 

i was wondering why the game is sooo bugged, like in the middle of a game my ship suddendly sails off and i can some time control it other times i can not it is annoying and it happens alot, i cant do anything other than watch it sail away. and i lost yet another bunch of XP and i have paid for premium so i feel like that i have been robbed.

I experince almost every game that ships dissapear when i aim at them eventhough they are in battle with another ship, and when i fire anyway i hit nothing, but as soon as i have fired they reappear, and i aim again and the second i fire they dissapear again, would you bee so nice to fix this. I know how spotting works but in this game it seems that it dosent.

and please fix the bug that allows DD to fire torpedoes from outside the game area that is cheating but very effective,  twice i have hit the white line and upon sailing away from it like 1,5km suddenly torpedoes hit me but and they can only have been fired from outside the gamearea since there are no place for a destroyer in that small area of 1,5km and i would have spotted it easy, but no.not even with sonar i cant see them before they hit.

another annoying bug is that when hunting at AC it dissapears but you can see the planes landing and taking of from it, witch should make it easy to hit but  when you get close enough to shoot it, it reappears  20km away eventhoug the planes are landing on it right in front of you 5 or 6 km or can planes land in mid air on nothing?,  and why can i see the planes landing and taking off but not the AC this is annoying because you cant hit what is not there. is there a kind of speed hack i dont know about.

sometime you can see smoke from smokestacks but there are no ships?   like my incident with the AC 

why is it that some torpedoes just go right through the ship and cause no damage but others just have to be like 200m from your ship before exploding and sinking my ship.

often i have been sunk by one torpedo hitting my rudder and i am sailing tier 9 German f.der grosse  how is that possible.when it is the first hit on my ship.

i know that alot of skills and training er needed and this is a very advanced game, with alot of variables and you try to make it realistic, but it is not realistic that a ship dissapears when spotted and fired upon just to reappear after you have fired.  

and i believe that you have given DD way to much firepower, i have been sunk in Bismarck and tirpitz by destroyers main batteries many times. i one single shot, and every time  i ask anyone they say the same "thats impossible"  well no its not.  their small caliber shuldent do any damage but they do up to 68000hp in one shot.

i get that there are huge differences between ships and their capabillities and respect that, and i understand that german ships, eventhoug every historian and book says otherwise that they appear to be made of cardboard and is completly blind to DDs and can take nearly no hits before exploding, in this game.  I read in the forums that it is very difficult to hit citadels on BBs hence their armour, but i get hit there every time or so the sound indicates even from DD. and yes i have read about angling and how to approach battles not showing broadsides and so on,  have played about 1000 battles by now so i am not a rookie anymore, but have alot to learn.

so please fix those bugs.  

kind regards 

Ken

2 answers to this question

[QUAK]
[QUAK]
Beta Tester
627 posts
9,363 battles

Hi Ken

please don't be offended by my first answer, but I would advise you to stay at lower tiers first.

Tier III-V are good to learn the game mechanics, since I think what you observe and ask are no bugs but simple game mechanics.

I'll try to explain, as far as I understand your questions:

4 hours ago, kenalb said:

I experince almost every game that ships dissapear when i aim at them eventhough they are in battle with another ship, and when i fire anyway i hit nothing, but as soon as i have fired they reappear, and i aim again and the second i fire they dissapear again, would you bee so nice to fix this. I know how spotting works but in this game it seems that it dosen

Ships are spotted at fixed ranges in a clear line of sight (so no islands and no smoke). When a ship fires its gun, this range of getting spotted expands to it's gun range.

It is not necessary that it is you who spots the ship.

So when a ship disapears, it can have different reasons:

1) The ship that spotted the enemy ship as only spotter is sunk.

2) Whoever spotted the ship lost direct line of sight (e.g. an island got into the way)

3) The enemy ship didn't fire for at least 20s an now the range of being spotted is reduced again an no friendliy ship is close enough.

and please fix the bug that allows DD to fire torpedoes from outside the game area that is cheating but very effective,  twice i have hit the white line and upon sailing away from it like 1,5km suddenly torpedoes hit me but and they can only have been fired from outside the gamearea since there are no place for a destroyer in that small area of 1,5km and i would have spotted it easy, but no.not even with sonar i cant see them before they hit.

DDs cannot fire torpedoes from outside the game area since they cannot go there. But torpedo bombers can do so, when you are close to the border.

Try to play a CV (what you call AC) and you will see what I mean.

another annoying bug is that when hunting at AC it dissapears but you can see the planes landing and taking of from it, witch should make it easy to hit but  when you get close enough to shoot it, it reappears  20km away eventhoug the planes are landing on it right in front of you 5 or 6 km or can planes land in mid air on nothing?,  and why can i see the planes landing and taking off but not the AC this is annoying because you cant hit what is not there. is there a kind of speed hack i dont know about.

See my first answer concerning spotting.

sometime you can see smoke from smokestacks but there are no ships?

DDs have the shortes range to be spotted of all ships. Some players lay smpke before they where spotted and hide inside. When enemy ships are spotted by his teammates or BBs closer than about 15 km firing their guns, the DD can even see the enemies and shot.

Try to play DDs, so you'll know.

why is it that some torpedoes just go right through the ship and cause no damage but others just have to be like 200m from your ship before exploding and sinking my ship.

I'm not exactly sure, what you do mean here, but I'll try:

There are two kind of torpedoes in this game at the moment, "normal" ones and deep water torpedoes. The DWT are floating deeper in the water, therefore it is more difficult to see them and they are spotted later. But since they are deeper in the water, they pass right under DDs without htting them. They are marked with a triangle with a bar above.

often i have been sunk by one torpedo hitting my rudder and i am sailing tier 9 German f.der grosse  how is that possible.when it is the first hit on my ship.

There is the possiblility of a detonation. This is when a shell or a torpedo detonates in an ammunition chamber. I see, you got detonated twice, maybe this is the explanation.

and i believe that you have given DD way to much firepower, i have been sunk in Bismarck and tirpitz by destroyers main batteries many times. i one single shot, and every time  i ask anyone they say the same "thats impossible"  well no its not.  their small caliber shuldent do any damage but they do up to 68000hp in one shot.

I am sorry, but this is impossible. They can destroy you with guns, but only if you are already on low HP.

have played about 1000 battles by now so i am not a rookie anymore, but have alot to learn.

No, you are not, but as I said above, please try to stick at lower tiers for some time, it is easier to learn about the game there.

And also try to play DDs and at least a few battles in CVs, so you'll learn, what they are able to do and how to counter these abillities.

I hope, this answer was helpfull and you'll enjoy the game.

[DKK]
Players
116 posts
2,568 battles

Thank you for the great answers, they make Sense 

I will start playing  dds and get me a Carrier to Learn more about them too

the reason i have mostly played the german BB is that i am historically Interested in especially Bismarck and Tirpitz, their story is incredible, and their Technology was way beyond their time.  They were untoucheable,  Bismarck endured more than 2hours of pounding from more than 15 British ships Until  they ran out of fuel and ammo,  the germans scuttled her,  amazing history, i have discussed this With wows admins because they claim that the British sunk her, but that is proven wrong by survivor stories and the ballard expedition.

And the British admiral Toby  tovey who led the hunt for Bismarck and the final battle. He simply  gave up sinkning her vith grenades.

Action stations

Sign in to follow this