Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fusk

Is the emphasis on points over fighting too big?

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
44 posts
5,140 battles

 

The vast majority of my games ends because either team gets 1000 points. In the past i played a lot of wot, the vast majority of those games ended in either team being eliminated. In wows most games ends with the losing team having 3/4/5 ships still alive and kicking and +5min on the clock left. Is it intentional that the emphasis on point collection is bigger than actual fights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Players
277 posts

WoT is more fast paced and has way more use out of situational avarenes abusing cover mechanics, so WG didin't guide your had to play objectives primarly, because dmg done nets the biggest ammount of exp and credits. WoWs on the other hand is slow and without an objective focus, would drag on extended ammount of times more frequantly. One of the reasons a solo warior medal in WoT is more common compared to WoWs. And it's not really fun to drag out time literally going to objectives for 5 minutes straght if you are the only one left (the reasoning as to why you are 5 min away from the objectives can be waired :Smile_trollface:. Let's say you wanted to get that annoyng CV... :cap_viking:)

 

So the obvious ansver to your question: yes, WoWs puts a big emphasis on team play and fleets net you an advantage just because you haw trustet companions near you with the same mindset and dont rely on the randomnes of the playerbase. Max capping time is achieved with 2 ships after all.

 

For your consideration @fusk

Spoiler

We haw a competition running from February 3rd till May 2nd and it would really be helpfull if you would choose and mark one post as the best answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
[CATS]
Players
24,861 posts
13,707 battles

Without emphasis on points, there would be even less fight and more camping as nobody hasa reason to go forward.

 

Now you have to go forward or lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[DUDES]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,795 posts
16,369 battles

Before the point system was extended to all battle modes the occurrence of draws was a lot higher. Nowadays draws are really, really rare. Just as a reminder: on draws both teams get the same XP multipliers as for a defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
44 posts
5,140 battles
8 hours ago, Z_OnkelE said:

Before the point system was extended to all battle modes the occurrence of draws was a lot higher. Nowadays draws are really, really rare. Just as a reminder: on draws both teams get the same XP multipliers as for a defeat.

 

So there was a time without point collection then. Like wot i think cap zones are fine, but in wows you also get points for kills. Basically you're getting points too fast. Without any point system i can see how there would be a lot of draws. The cap zones them selves should've solved that.

 

2 hours ago, nimlock said:

WoT is more fast paced and has way more use out of situational avarenes abusing cover mechanics, so WG didin't guide your had to play objectives primarly, because dmg done nets the biggest ammount of exp and credits. WoWs on the other hand is slow and without an objective focus, would drag on extended ammount of times more frequantly. One of the reasons a solo warior medal in WoT is more common compared to WoWs. And it's not really fun to drag out time literally going to objectives for 5 minutes straght if you are the only one left (the reasoning as to why you are 5 min away from the objectives can be waired :Smile_trollface:. Let's say you wanted to get that annoyng CV... :cap_viking:)

 

So the obvious ansver to your question: yes, WoWs puts a big emphasis on team play and fleets net you an advantage just because you haw trustet companions near you with the same mindset and dont rely on the randomnes of the playerbase. Max capping time is achieved with 2 ships after all.

 

For your consideration @fusk

  Reveal hidden contents

We haw a competition running from February 3rd till May 2nd and it would really be helpfull if you would choose and mark one post as the best answer.

 

 

I understood most of it, and yes wot is a lot faster i agree. But the games are only 5 min longer, so it's not that big of a difference.

"so WG didin't guide your had to play objectives primarly" i don't know what you're trying to say.

"And it's not really fun to drag out time literally going to objectives for 5 minutes straght if you are the only one left (the reasoning as to why you are 5 min away from the objectives can be waired" i don't understand this either.

 

"team play" "trustet companions" i lol'd, i find it's mostly every man for him self, and i trust absolutely no one. Sure there's the occasional smoke that benefits others. You need voice chat for that kinda communication imo, writing in chat takes too long trying to coordinate stuff. You can only react to what you think your team members are doing.

 

But thanks for the replies and for clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
603 posts
7,956 battles

After some rounds you get quite good at guessing what Your different team-members will do ... playing in a division With good friends makes the game better and the chance of winning a tad higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
603 posts
7,956 battles
On 25.2.2018 at 1:46 PM, fusk said:

 

The vast majority of my games ends because either team gets 1000 points. In the past i played a lot of wot, the vast majority of those games ended in either team being eliminated. In wows most games ends with the losing team having 3/4/5 ships still alive and kicking and +5min on the clock left. Is it intentional that the emphasis on point collection is bigger than actual fights?

We are running a contest in the Newcomer and Q&A section so if you could do us the favor of choosing what you think is the best answer in this thread we would be eternally grateful :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×