Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hawg

CV planes after death

14 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Players
467 posts
7,973 battles

I apologize for the rant--- But am I the only one who thinks its B.S. that CV planes can still provide spotting information after the CV is dead?    

Yeah you could argue that its similar to a torp being launched still working after the launcher is dead, or any other shot still landing after the launcher is dead, but if you are a DD without meaningful AA, those planes can last a lot longer than any torp or ammo salvo and can spell the end of you, effectively closing an area of the map until they run out of fuel or are shot down... what's the point?     They should have to leave the battle ground immediately in search of a friendly airfield.  

ok sorry /end rant

Have a nice weekend.

[AAO]
Players
1,228 posts
13,829 battles

Planes are not leaving battle immediately but going down later. ( Don't know timer but they are. ) And why you are focusing on carriers? I mean, cruisers and battleships are can launch planes before they die too. They are does same thing. Only thing can you do is ignore them. Because they can't follow you but you can go around.

Cheers. :Smile_honoring:

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles
29 minutes ago, Hawg said:

I apologize for the rant--- But am I the only one who thinks its B.S. that CV planes can still provide spotting information after the CV is dead?    

Yeah you could argue that its similar to a torp being launched still working after the launcher is dead, or any other shot still landing after the launcher is dead, but if you are a DD without meaningful AA, those planes can last a lot longer than any torp or ammo salvo and can spell the end of you, effectively closing an area of the map until they run out of fuel or are shot down... what's the point?     They should have to leave the battle ground immediately in search of a friendly airfield.  

ok sorry /end rant

Have a nice weekend.

I hope you are the only one!

Why the planes should not sent info for their side?

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
9,670 battles

my view is once carrier has died or cv bb ect the planes from them should make their way off the map and any spotting while flying to "safety" will be shown but this idea of planes just flying round and round when their ship has been sunk is stupid

is it game breaking and I would say nope so in my view its one of them small things that sometimes makes your game a bit harder but it sure don't affect it that much to rant on here

• Cool 2

[OGHF]
Players
1,104 posts
18,640 battles
1 hour ago, beercrazy said:

my view is once carrier has died or cv bb ect the planes from them should make their way off the map and any spotting while flying to "safety" will be shown but this idea of planes just flying round and round when their ship has been sunk is stupid

is it game breaking and I would say nope so in my view its one of them small things that sometimes makes your game a bit harder but it sure don't affect it that much to rant on here

I see no reason why a spotter plane, fighter etc should leave the field of play after there mother ship has been sunk, all he is doing is what he is supposed to do, spot the enemy and relay the info back to mothership or nearest ship about. 

[HOO]
Players
467 posts
7,973 battles
2 hours ago, beercrazy said:

I figured we needed more ranting threads... I wanted to do my part.

2 hours ago, Accelerated said:

And why you are focusing on carriers? I mean, cruisers and battleships are can launch planes before they die too. They are does same thing.

Good point, I hereby amend my anger to include other planes too.   Sorry CV's.

[HOO]
Players
467 posts
7,973 battles
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

I see no reason why a spotter plane, fighter etc should leave the field of play after there mother ship has been sunk, all he is doing is what he is supposed to do, spot the enemy and relay the info back to mothership or nearest ship about. 

Simple, they have no where to land anymore, they need to take off to find an airbase or other friendly carrier before they run out of fuel.

And also because that player is no longer in the game and shouldn't be allowed to impact the battle from Davy Jones' Locker.

[OGHF]
Players
1,104 posts
18,640 battles
1 hour ago, Hawg said:

Simple, they have no where to land anymore, they need to take off to find an airbase or other friendly carrier before they run out of fuel.

And also because that player is no longer in the game and shouldn't be allowed to impact the battle from Davy Jones' Locker.

Like i said, the planes keep spotting till killed or run out of fuel, would always happen, just watch your mini map and keep out of there way.

[HOO]
Players
467 posts
7,973 battles
45 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Like i said, the planes keep spotting till killed or run out of fuel, would always happen, just watch your mini map and keep out of there way.

I do understand what happens.   I'm just saying it shouldn't.

Sake this example, as a DD you close in with a CV who is keeping you spotted making you draw enemy fire in addition to the torp and bomb drops you are trying to avoid from the CV.   You manage to kill the CV.    Now you are still spotted until you get 6+ km from his nearest  aircraft, even though he is dead... that's b/s

Players
1,130 posts
7,085 battles
9 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Now you are still spotted until you get 6+ km from his nearest  aircraft, even though he is dead... that's b/s

If you deactivate your AA, it will be less than 6 kms.

This is a game mechanic that we have to take into acount, it doesn't particularly annoy me.

We could even say that once planes are launched, the CV captain should be able to allow them to strike even if he's dead. So take it from the bright side, it could be worse :cap_like:

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

A third of my deaths end with a "post mortem" kill by a autodrop - so be happy to just get "spotted"....

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

Carrier planes are hardly ever a problem - they're well visible and circle a very small area. The real problem are floatplanes that hover for a long time after their "parent" is sunk - and are much less visible and harder to avoid. If we were to introduce some artificial mechanic to deal with the problem of such spotters, it should be magically making orphaned planes permanently visible rather than magically erasing them.

And I say this from the position of a DD main.

[THESO]
Players
757 posts
4,058 battles

I love to launch my spoting plane just before i die ,so he can atleast spot for my mates :Smile_medal:

Sign in to follow this